NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Janus born again????? Faith and Hope are the result of an extremely rare condition known as disrosopus

+2
Ben Reilly
veya_victaous
6 posters

Go down

Janus born again?????  Faith and Hope are the result of an extremely rare condition known as disrosopus Empty Janus born again????? Faith and Hope are the result of an extremely rare condition known as disrosopus

Post by veya_victaous Tue May 13, 2014 1:41 am

The two girls, aptly named Faith and Hope, arrived last Thursday after a short labour, with Ms Young first being taken to Blacktown Hospital before being rushed by ambulance to Westmead Children’s Hospital.

Faith and Hope are the result of an extremely rare condition known as disrosopus, where a baby is born with two faces.

Fewer than 40 human disrosopus cases are known to have been born. Even fewer survived beyond birth.

The couple said even though the baby only had one body, they still refered to them as their beautiful baby twins.

“I think they’re beautiful and Simon thinks they’re beautiful so really that’s all that matters,” Ms Young said in an interview with A Current Affair.

Janus born again?????  Faith and Hope are the result of an extremely rare condition known as disrosopus 971951-20c5db94-d9ae-11e3-8125-0ad81a58de5e

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Janus born again?????  Faith and Hope are the result of an extremely rare condition known as disrosopus Empty Re: Janus born again????? Faith and Hope are the result of an extremely rare condition known as disrosopus

Post by Ben Reilly Tue May 13, 2014 6:00 am

Wow, what if they live? That would be a seriously unprecedented existence. Hoping that they do.

BTW, I originally read this thinking you'd found a story that said faith and hope were symptoms of a disease ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Janus born again?????  Faith and Hope are the result of an extremely rare condition known as disrosopus Empty Re: Janus born again????? Faith and Hope are the result of an extremely rare condition known as disrosopus

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 7:21 am

the title of this thread is misleading .I'm surprised you haven't corrected it ben

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 7:30 am

i doubt they will survive and if they did their head would be too large to hold on their body , two brains growing two heads growing and then if they reach adulthood their head would be huge , it just wouldn't happen in my opinion .
that indian baby died a few weeks after birth which had the same condition .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 8:16 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:the title of this thread is misleading .I'm surprised you haven't corrected it ben
How is it??

Anyway, looking at footage of the baby/ies this morning, it appeared to me that the centre two eyes worked normally while the outside ones didn't, and one hand on each baby's arm was moving,not the other. I wonder if the two brains are in fact two halves of the same one, and that the outside limbs/features are redundant, and the central ones belonging to one baby. If that's the case there's a chance surgeons can remove redundant limbs etc and have an end result of one baby. I doubt it though, so the poor baby won't live long. But you never know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 8:36 am

morning tess.
i don't know who janus is lol that's why i thought it misleading maybe its a god i don't know .

But back to the baby , how can she support to heads with two brains on one body , seems a bit much to me .

Brittany and Abby have two spines and so can support their two heads , that sounds horrible but it's the only way to describe them .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 8:54 am

Janus is a Roman god, represented with a double faced head, because he is the god of doors and beginnings and endings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 8:57 am

ah thank you sassy makes sense now but i doubt the baby born is a reincarnation of that particular god .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 8:59 am

I doubt Veya thought is was VOD, he was probably just referring to the double face.   I don't suppose the child will live, how that poor mother is coping I have no idea.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 9:21 am

Sassy wrote:I doubt Veya thought is was VOD, he was probably just referring to the double face.   I don't suppose the child will live, how that poor mother is coping I have no idea.
She must be feeling desparate. It's the same when there are conjoined twins, and the mother knows that to save one would mean killing the weaker one. How appalling must that be? They must live with guilt all their lives thinking they'd killed their own child.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 9:23 am

Tesstacious wrote:
Sassy wrote:I doubt Veya thought is was VOD, he was probably just referring to the double face.   I don't suppose the child will live, how that poor mother is coping I have no idea.
She must be feeling desparate.  It's the same when there are conjoined twins, and the mother knows that to save one would mean killing the weaker one.  How appalling must that be?  They must live with guilt all their lives thinking they'd killed their own child.

I know Tess, an appalling situation to be in.

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Tue May 13, 2014 10:25 am

I could not cope but both were aware long before the birth. An Aus TV station apparently have been following the parents for some time and filming.

Maybe it is early and before my ninth coffee but money might have been the driving force to continue with the pregnancy....
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 12:50 pm

yes tragic but the twins are loved and that is everything . How long they will survive is the question and what are they going through with medical treatment bless them

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue May 13, 2014 8:04 pm

Did she know they'd be born this way?
I'm not sure I'd have gone through with the pregnancy tbh.

It's an awful way to live.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 13, 2014 8:23 pm

Why is this poor little baby being exposed to the press?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue May 13, 2014 8:36 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Why is this poor little baby being exposed to the press?

For the same reasons some people choose to have a baby when they know it's going to suffer:
Selfishness.

IMO.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 13, 2014 8:42 pm

eddie wrote:

For the same reasons some people choose to have a baby when they know it's going to suffer:
Selfishness.

IMO.

I don't like it. I'm surprised they haven't put a video of the birth on You Tube. Poor little baby isn't there for people to gawp at.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue May 13, 2014 11:37 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:

Selfishness.

IMO.

I don't like it. I'm surprised they haven't put a video of the birth on You Tube. Poor little baby isn't there for people to gawp at.

Actually they have gotten a lot of money from a major TV station here.

I don't think they knew it was going to be born like this, both parents have healthy children for other relationships. they are from a lower class area of Blacktown and the amount of money the TV station have offered would have been the equivalent of many years income.

On TV it was very interesting, the amount of issues are mind boggling. like if one mouth swallows food while the other is breathing they would probably choke, they pretty much just have the one set of organs below the neck. And the brains are joined (sort of 1 and half brains) so is it even 2 individuals or still the one? raises so many philosophical questions. (what do Christians think would she have 2 souls? and then how does that extrapolate to identical twins created through the same biological process?)

they give it days or weeks to live, but due to the media attention it is getting the best care possible.  Neutral 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue May 13, 2014 11:40 pm

@VOD

the reference to Janus is actually made by the medical fraternity too

A Janus Cat (for some reason this condition is more common in cats)

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 13, 2014 11:42 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Actually they have gotten a lot of money from a major TV station here.

I don't think they knew it was going to be born like this, both parents have healthy children for other relationships. they are from a lower class area of Blacktown and the amount of money the TV station have offered would have been the equivalent of many years income.

On TV it was very interesting, the amount of issues are mind boggling. like if one mouth swallows food while the other is breathing they would probably choke, they pretty much just have the one set of organs below the neck. And the brains are joined (sort of 1 and half brains) so is it even 2 individuals or still the one? raises so many philosophical questions. (what do Christians think would she have 2 souls? and then how does that extrapolate to identical twins created through the same biological process?)

they give it days or weeks to live, but due to the media attention it is getting the best care possible.  Neutral 

I think that diprosopus refers to one person with two faces, so it's one child.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 3:13 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:
i doubt they will survive and if they did their head would be too large to hold on their body , two brains growing two heads growing and then if they reach adulthood their head would be huge , it just wouldn't happen in my opinion .
that indian baby died a few weeks after birth which had the same condition .

Neutral 

Double Idiot..

get back to your kennel who let you off your lead anyway  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 3:15 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:morning tess.
i don't know who janus is lol that's why i thought it misleading maybe its a god i don't know ..........

Rolling Eyes 

Ignoramus !

yes you are  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down