NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Figures show U.S. is disproportionately deporting Latinos

2 posters

Go down

Figures show U.S. is disproportionately deporting Latinos Empty Figures show U.S. is disproportionately deporting Latinos

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 09, 2014 3:49 am

Figures show U.S. is disproportionately deporting Latinos 103143354

Immigrant deportations disproportionately affect Latinos, a report by advocates argues.

“This President’s obsession with deportations is really having a negative impact in our communities. It’s devastating communities all over the nation with high concentrations of Latinos,” said Hector Sanchez, chair of the National Hispanic Leadership Agenda, which co-authored the Tuesday report with the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund and the National Day Laborer Organizing Network.

In 2013, 97% of all immigrants deported by Immigration and Customs Enforcement were from Mexico, Central or South America, according to federal figures.

By comparison, about 75% of all undocumented immigrants in the U.S. are Latino, according to Pew Research Center figures.

When the total number of immigrants deported under the Obama administration reaches 2 million, as it is estimated to later this year, the number of Latino deportees will equal the populations of Wyoming, Vermont and North Dakota combined, according to Tuesday’s report.

“That’s not only because a lot of undocumented immigrants are Latino. It’s also the result of a lot of policies that target Latinos by racial profiling at the local, state and federal level,” said Jose Magaña-Salgado, staff attorney with the Mexican American defense fund.

The report says federal agencies profile Latinos in stops near the border and target businesses that largely employ Latino workers with audits of employment forms. One of ICE’s high priorities is to find and deport “recent border-crossers,” a definition that includes anyone who entered within the last three years.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/latinos-deported-report-article-1.1782202
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Figures show U.S. is disproportionately deporting Latinos Empty Re: Figures show U.S. is disproportionately deporting Latinos

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 4:30 am

If they're not supposed to be in the country then regardless of whether it's wacist or not then they should be deported.

It's like saying it's wrong to arrest a black man because of racial profiling even if he did commit the crime.

Back to top Go down

Figures show U.S. is disproportionately deporting Latinos Empty Re: Figures show U.S. is disproportionately deporting Latinos

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 7:51 am

Samhraí wrote:If they're not supposed to be in the country then regardless of whether it's wacist or not then they should be deported.

It's like saying it's wrong to arrest a black man because of racial profiling even if he did commit the crime.

Many are, but it is a tad more complicated than that, and nobody turned away any of he ancestors of who is now deciding to turn away these immigrants, which I do find ironic to be honest
You might find this interesting buddy

http://www.economist.com/news/briefing/21595892-barack-obama-has-presided-over-one-largest-peacetime-outflows-people-americas

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 09, 2014 7:59 am

Samhraí wrote:If they're not supposed to be in the country then regardless of whether it's wacist or not then they should be deported.

It is not fair to punish one ethnicity for committing a crime (crime? I think it's actually a civil offense under our laws) more than another.

If it were murder, it would indeed be racist to punish white murderers more severely or more often than black murderers -- would it not?

Also, for a lot of people of Mexican heritage, they didn't cross the border so much as the border crossed them, via U.S. wars of conquest. The ground I live my daily life upon used to be Mexican ground; the same goes for millions of U.S. citizens living all across the Southwest. And that's not to mention what the Spanish did to the native civilizations before that. I don't see how I, by virtue of one government's decree, should actually have any more of a legitimate claim to it than people who were here before me.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri May 09, 2014 4:33 pm

Republican governors deport Hispanics because they vote overwhelmingly Democratic.  Unlike African Americans, Latinos represent 35% +/- of the US population, and could put Republicans out of business toot suite.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat May 10, 2014 1:01 am

Original Quill wrote:Republican governors deport Hispanics because they vote overwhelmingly Democratic.  Unlike African Americans, Latinos represent 35% +/- of the US population, and could put Republicans out of business toot suite.

Indeed, remember the "illegal Democrat" line?

http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/border-patrol-adds-rescue-beacons-to-help-illegal-democrats-invade-us/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 10, 2014 12:03 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

It is not fair to punish one ethnicity for committing a crime (crime? I think it's actually a civil offense under our laws) more than another.

If it were murder, it would indeed be racist to punish white murderers more severely or more often than black murderers -- would it not?
That wasn't my point.
My point was that regardless of what group you're from if you're not supposed to be in the country then the Government is right to kick you out.
Maybe they shouldn't be targeting one group more than others but that doesn't change the fact that they're not meant to be in the country, does it?
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Also, for a lot of people of Mexican heritage, they didn't cross the border so much as the border crossed them, via U.S. wars of conquest. The ground I live my daily life upon used to be Mexican ground; the same goes for millions of U.S. citizens living all across the Southwest. And that's not to mention what the Spanish did to the native civilizations before that. I don't see how I, by virtue of one government's decree, should actually have any more of a legitimate claim to it than people who were here before me.
I am well aware that Texas used to be part of Mexico and was it's own country for a while, however "the borders used to be somewhere else and the geopolitical-map used to look different a 100 years ago" isn't a legitimate argument for crossing borders illegally.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun May 11, 2014 6:34 pm

Samhraí wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

That wasn't my point.
My point was that regardless of what group you're from if you're not supposed to be in the country then the Government is right to kick you out.
Maybe they shouldn't be targeting one group more than others but that doesn't change the fact that they're not meant to be in the country, does it?
Ben_Reilly wrote:
I am well aware that Texas used to be part of Mexico and was it's own country for a while, however "the borders used to be somewhere else and the geopolitical-map used to look different a 100 years ago" isn't a legitimate argument for crossing borders illegally.

It's really not a question of what is the law?  There is no law, effectively.  Most congressmen and all senators have said they reject the law the way it is now written.  Trouble is, Republicans have taken off and refuse to pass any law, regardless of what it is about. Moreover, even if they could be motivated to do their jobs, they still wouldn't address immigration because it is so wrapped up on politics (see above).

Really, the situation is that there is no immigration policy, least of all law.  Obama has enforced the immigration law more than any other president...with the regrettable situation that more deportations have taken place under Obama than under any other previous president, Republican or otherwise.

It is one way that Obama is disappointing the left.  He should pursue a policy of benign neglect as to immigration, just as previous presidents have done.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down