NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

2 posters

Go down

Feliz Cinco de Mayo! Empty Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 05, 2014 7:03 pm

For all the foreigners here, I thought I'd share the Ben_Reilly Cinco de Mayo margarita recipe:

You'll need four ounces of El Jimador 100 percent Blue Agave tequila, one ice cube, and a lime.

Place the cube in a whiskey glass, pour tequila over the ice, and wave the lime over the top of the glass while exclaiming, "A la mierda los franceses!" And enjoy.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/articles/551110/20140505/cinco-de-mayo-2014-history-origin-facts.htm
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Feliz Cinco de Mayo! Empty Re: Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 7:06 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:For all the foreigners here, I thought I'd share the Ben_Reilly Cinco de Mayo margarita recipe:

You'll need four ounces of El Jimador 100 percent Blue Agave tequila, one ice cube, and a lime.

Place the cube in a whiskey glass, pour tequila over the ice, and wave the lime over the top of the glass while exclaiming, "A la mierda los franceses!" And enjoy.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/articles/551110/20140505/cinco-de-mayo-2014-history-origin-facts.htm

Jeez, and wave your faculties goodbye quite quickly lol. Now what 'foreigner' would you be thinking of I wonder  Rolling Eyes Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 05, 2014 7:12 pm

Sassy wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:For all the foreigners here, I thought I'd share the Ben_Reilly Cinco de Mayo margarita recipe:

Jeez, and wave your faculties goodbye quite quickly lol.   Now what 'foreigner' would you be thinking of I wonder  Rolling Eyes Wink 

Bwhahahahahahaha!!! No offense intended to the non-offensive Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 7:15 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Jeez, and wave your faculties goodbye quite quickly lol.   Now what 'foreigner' would you be thinking of I wonder  Rolling Eyes Wink 

Bwhahahahahahaha!!! No offense intended to the non-offensive Smile

None taken.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon May 05, 2014 9:46 pm

I don't always drink tequila but when I do, I prefer El Jimador.

Stay thirsty my friend!

Ps made some awesome salsa and guac for tonight - gonna slob out on the sofa stuffing my face. Enjoy x
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 05, 2014 9:52 pm

Cass wrote:

I don't always drink tequila but when I do, I prefer El Jimador.

Stay thirsty my friend!

Ps made some awesome salsa and guac for tonight - gonna slob out on the sofa stuffing my face. Enjoy x

Sounds terrific, I was reading earlier that avocado sales spike today in the U.S. Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 05, 2014 9:53 pm

Sadly, my Cinco celebrations are mainly going to entail watching the premier of the new '24' miniseries ...  ::gnslnger:: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 10:01 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Sadly, my Cinco celebrations are mainly going to entail watching the premier of the new '24' miniseries ...  ::gnslnger:: 

New series is being advertised here to start soon cheers 

I know Cinco de Mayo is May 5th but what does it signify.?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 05, 2014 10:17 pm

Nems wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Sadly, my Cinco celebrations are mainly going to entail watching the premier of the new '24' miniseries ...  ::gnslnger:: 

It's a celebration of a very improbable victory by Mexico in the Battle of the Puebla over a superior French army in 1862. It's actually a bigger deal in the U.S. than in Mexico ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 10:19 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Nems wrote:

It's a celebration of a very improbable victory by Mexico in the Battle of the Puebla over a superior French army in 1862. It's actually a bigger deal in the U.S. than in Mexico ...

There you go I had never heard of it before Dispicable Me!
May 9th is a holiday day where Im from, its the day the Island was liberated from the Germans

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 05, 2014 10:21 pm

Nems wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Nems wrote:

May 9th is a holiday day where Im from, its the day the Island was liberated from the Germans

I bet! Smile Is it a big day of celebration?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 10:26 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Nems wrote:

I bet! :)Is it a big day of celebration?

It is. The usual Bigwigs gather of course but there is lots of family stuff too. The re-enactment of the flag being flown from the Pomme D'Or Hotel street entertainment that sort of thing and remembrance too we have many allied graves and memorials to the POWs
I shall miss being there, always makes me miss my dad more too. He was the first civilian to get to the prisoners in the Underground Hospital where they were still digging tunnels poor sods.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 05, 2014 10:28 pm

Nems wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Nems wrote:

It is. The usual Bigwigs gather of course but there is lots of family stuff too. The re-enactment of the flag being flown from the Pomme D'Or Hotel street entertainment that sort of thing and remembrance too we have many allied graves and memorials to the POWs
I shall miss being there, always makes me miss my dad more too. He was the first civilian to get to the prisoners in the  Underground Hospital where they were still digging tunnels poor sods.

That is amazing, and very glad to hear it's celebrated still. Beating the Nazis should always prompt a party Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 10:30 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Nems wrote:

I shall miss being there, always makes me miss my dad more too. He was the first civilian to get to the prisoners in the  Underground Hospital where they were still digging tunnels poor sods.

That is amazing, and very glad to hear it's celebrated still. Beating the Nazis should always prompt a party Smile

This is true, and for us Beans any excuse for a drink lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue May 06, 2014 12:10 am

Nems wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Nems wrote:

Sounds a lot like Cinco here, and for that matter St. Patrick's Day Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue May 06, 2014 1:25 am

I never watched it first time round.....I got a couple of Turns and NCIS to catch up on so we can be couch potatoes together Cool
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue May 06, 2014 1:27 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Nems wrote:

Sounds a lot like Cinco here, and for that matter St. Patrick's Day Smile

And Thanksgiving.....no wait that's food only....and beer...and football.....
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue May 06, 2014 1:28 am

Nems wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

I shall miss being there, always makes me miss my dad more too. He was the first civilian to get to the prisoners in the Underground Hospital where they were still digging tunnels poor sods.

WOW....that is amazing.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue May 06, 2014 3:41 am

Cass wrote:

I never watched it first time round.....I got a couple of Turns and NCIS to catch up on so we can be couch potatoes together Cool

My lordy but that did suck. Two hours of my life gone ... :/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 7:44 am

Cass wrote:

The Following has just finished, Im being very brave

Feliz Cinco de Mayo! Crying.girl-emoticon-739

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 6:38 pm

Nems wrote:
Cass wrote:

Feliz Cinco de Mayo! There_20 I haven't started the second series yet, was it good? x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 8:33 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Nems wrote:

Feliz Cinco de Mayo! There_20I haven't started the second series yet, was it good? x

It was very good. I will have to ask Cass if its been picked up for a third series

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 8:38 pm

Nems wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Feliz Cinco de Mayo! There_20I haven't started the second series yet, was it good? x

It was very good. I will have to ask Cass if its been picked up for a third series

Ohhh I need a duvet day!!!!  ::D:: x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 9:00 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Nems wrote:

Ohhh I need a duvet day!!!!  ::D:: x

Definitely!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue May 06, 2014 9:44 pm

Nems wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

What and feed your unhealthy obsession with bacon? I think not. It's for your own good. Really. You can trust me.

Also I don't watch it so haven't a scooby...x
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 10:39 pm

Cass wrote:
Nems wrote:

What and feed your unhealthy obsession with bacon? I think not. It's for your own good. Really. You can trust me.

What do you mean you dont watch it?!
Are you mad woman?! Why deprive yourself?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed May 07, 2014 1:43 am

Nems wrote:
Cass wrote:

I have plenty to ogle....NCIS, Turn, Scandal, Blacklist, Scandal, Sons of Anarchy...lots of eye candy........but I admit that everything is better with bacon....might give it a whirl
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 8:22 am

Cass wrote:
Nems wrote:

I have plenty to ogle....NCIS, Turn, Scandal, Blacklist, Scandal, Sons of Anarchy...lots of eye candy........but I admit that everything is better with bacon....might give it a whirl

You cant beat a bit of Bacon yum yum Razz 

Have you seen Surviving Jack?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down