NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fukushima Ice Wall Won’t Stop Leaks Into Pacific say Experts

Go down

Fukushima Ice Wall Won’t Stop Leaks Into Pacific say Experts Empty Fukushima Ice Wall Won’t Stop Leaks Into Pacific say Experts

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 11:05 pm

Fukushima Ice Wall Won’t Stop Leaks Into Pacific say Experts

nsnbc : Former U Nuclear Regulatory Commission Chairman Dale Klein said on Thursday, that he is not convinced that an ice wall is the best option to stop the leaking of radioactive contaminated water from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power station site into the Pacific Ocean.

Both the operator of the crippled power plant, the Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) and the Japanese government support the plan of building an ice wall, while experts, including Klein say that the ice wall won’t stop the leaks. Klein, who heads the supervisory panel tasked with oversight over TEPCO’s nuclear safety efforts, said:

“What I’m concerned about is unintended consequences. … Where does that water go and what are the consequences of that? I think they need more testing and more analysis.”

Klein doubts that the plan may function as intended because it is based on untested assumptions about the site’s hydrology. In September, the government said that it would fund the $313 million dollar construction of the 1.4 kilometer subterranean ice wall.

Other experts warned that the entire concept of an ice-wall is untested. A previous suggestion about the construction of a clay-slurry subterranean wall was rejected by TEPCO. Allegations about the involvement of corruption and incompetence with regard to that decision were levied.

Another member of the supervisory panel, the former British Atomic Energy Authority Chairperson Barbara Judge, , said that there needs to be an assessment if the ice wall would even be effective during the summer season. Judge said “No one has built a freeze wall this long for this period of time. Typically, you build a freeze wall for a few months.”

Klein for his part added that concerns about the plan had also been raised by Japan’s Nuclear Regulation Authority and engineering experts. TEPCO, for its part, appears to be determined to push ahead with the ice wall plan, disregarding the expert’s evaluations and concerns.

http://nsnbc.me/2014/05/03/fukushima-ice-wall-wont-stop-leaks-into-pacific-say-experts/

Is there anything that will, and is there anything that is alive and unmutated in the sea around Fukushima? I doubt it.

Back to top Go down

Fukushima Ice Wall Won’t Stop Leaks Into Pacific say Experts Empty Re: Fukushima Ice Wall Won’t Stop Leaks Into Pacific say Experts

Post by Tommy Monk Sun May 04, 2014 6:38 pm

That is on big fuk up going on over there, And I bet we are only being told a fraction of the whole truth...!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Fukushima Ice Wall Won’t Stop Leaks Into Pacific say Experts Empty Re: Fukushima Ice Wall Won’t Stop Leaks Into Pacific say Experts

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 10:12 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:That is on big fuk up going on over there, And I bet we are only being told a fraction of the whole truth...!

Completely agree!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down