NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mr load of balls found to be untrue once again

+2
Tommy Monk
gerber
6 posters

Go down

Mr load of balls found to be untrue once again Empty Mr load of balls found to be untrue once again

Post by gerber Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:44 pm

In his interview on Channel 4 News last Night Ed Balls told Cathy Newman:

“I had no role at all in the Co-op bank’s merger with Britannia… That’s a Tory smear, it’s entirely untrue.”

Yet in this blogpost written in September 2010, Balls claimed credit for the deal:

“I was also able to give the Treasury’s support for a new Private Members Bill that led to the creation of the first ever ‘super-mutual’ bringing Britannia Building Society and the Co-op Bank together in the interests of customers, rather than the banking elite.”

http://order-order.com/2014/04/30/ed-balls-lies-he-had-no-role-in-co-op-britannia-merger-but-claimed-credit-for-deal-in-2010/

Woops...........
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Mr load of balls found to be untrue once again Empty Re: Mr load of balls found to be untrue once again

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:03 pm

Why are you surprised?

He is labour, the party of lies and spin!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Mr load of balls found to be untrue once again Empty Re: Mr load of balls found to be untrue once again

Post by gerber Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:10 pm

It should be covered in the main stream media. Balls misleading the electorate................ lying

UKIp are being slated, the Tories slapped and they just lie.......

I know but
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:16 pm

Very quiet on here. Where are all our leftie members defending Mr Balls?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:18 pm

Tesstacious wrote:Very quiet on here.  Where are all our leftie members defending Mr Balls?

They must be busy - and i'm serious.

The bigger the lies, the more they actually do defend, so i wouldn't assume they are hiding!

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:37 pm

is it a big prize night at the bingo ?
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:14 pm

gerber wrote:is it a big prize night at the bingo ?

Signing on day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:27 pm

I have been in work all day. Also I wouldnt defend a politician.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:49 pm

Nems wrote:I have been in work all day. Also I wouldnt defend a politician.

I know - I was only taking the ....  Smile 

I wouldn't trust a politician either - except maybe Nige.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:53 pm

Tesstacious wrote:

lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:10 pm

Tesstacious wrote:

Good for you Tess, but all lie including Nigel, his recent lies and fear promotion have to be some of the worst I have seen of late.

This makes me laugh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:41 pm

As others have said, he's a politician it's what they do. The only one I would trust to tell owt like the truth is "The Beast of Bolsover"
Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:51 pm

Balls is right, it is a smear because he played no role in the Co-op/Britannia Building Society merger. In fact he wasn't even Economic Secretary when the deal was done. What he was referring to was his role in supporting the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies and Credit Unions Bill that was put through as a private members Bill by Malcolm Wicks.

Is this just an attempt to divert attention away from Patrick Mercer trousering thousands in the lobbying scandal?

Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:56 pm

Irn Bru wrote:Balls is right, it is a smear because he played no role in the Co-op/Britannia Building Society merger. In fact he wasn't even Economic Secretary when the deal was done. What he was referring to was his role in supporting the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies and Credit Unions Bill that was put through as a private members Bill by Malcolm Wicks.

Is this just an attempt to divert attention away from Patrick Mercer trousering thousands in the lobbying scandal?

Laughing

Sorry Irn, Balls had admitted and bragged about his involvement

" “I was also able to give the Treasury’s support for a new Private Members Bill that led to the creation of the first ever ‘super-mutual’ bringing Britannia Building Society and the Co-op Bank together in the interests of customers, rather than the banking elite.”

gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:09 pm

gerber wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:Balls is right, it is a smear because he played no role in the Co-op/Britannia Building Society merger. In fact he wasn't even Economic Secretary when the deal was done. What he was referring to was his role in supporting the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies and Credit Unions Bill that was put through as a private members Bill by Malcolm Wicks.

Laughing

" “I was also able to give the Treasury’s support for a new Private Members Bill that led to the creation of the first ever ‘super-mutual’ bringing Britannia Building Society and the Co-op Bank together in the interests of customers, rather than the banking elite.”

Evening Gerber. He's talking about his support for the private members bill and the Tories were right there backing him up. There was no role for Balls to play in the merger itself.
Read the evidence presented to parliament by Neville Richardson and show me where Balls even gets a mention.

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201314/cmselect/cmtreasy/writev/verde/m4.htm

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:56 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
gerber wrote:

Evening Gerber. He's talking about his support for the private members bill and the Tories were right there backing him up. There was no role for Balls to play in the merger itself.
Read the evidence presented to parliament by Neville Richardson and show me where Balls even gets a mention.

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201314/cmselect/cmtreasy/writev/verde/m4.htm

Hey Rolo xx

It doesn't and you are right. But that is not to say balls had nothing to do with the merge. He has gone on record and is proud of his involvement. Not withstanding his slipperyness and lack of memory

" According to the Times newspaper, the Labour MP boasted in election material of how he had used his ministerial influence to help clear the way for the Co-operative Bank to merge with the Britannia Building Society.

On the Labour MP's website, referring to his time as a Treasury minister, it said: "In that role I was able to give the Treasury’s support for a new Private Member’s Bill that led to the creation of the first ever super-mutual bringing Britannia Building Society and the Co-op Bank together in the interests of customers rather than consumers,"

Shortly after, the Co-op gave the Labour party a £1.2m loan.

Mr Balls is also coming under pressure to return a £50,000 donation he received from the Co-op. The disgraced former bank chairman sat on a board of the Co-op Group that authorised political donations, including the funding for Mr Balls’ office.

A spokesman for the Shadow Chancellor said: "It is matter of public knowledge that as a Treasury Minister Ed supported a Conservative MP’s Private Member’s Bill in 2007 which received cross-party backing and enabled co-operatives and building societies to merge without demutualising.

http://www.newsnetscotland.com/index.php/scottish-news/8377-labour-shadow-chancellor-comes-under-pressure-as-co-op-scandal-engulfs-party

He benefited from the merge. as did liebour.

Would love to know who the Tory MP was ? lol Needs a slap as well

gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu May 01, 2014 12:21 am

gerber wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
gerber wrote:

Hey Rolo  xx

It doesn't and you are right.  But that is not to say balls had nothing to do with the merge.  He has gone on record and is proud of his involvement.  Not withstanding his slipperyness and lack of memory

" According to the Times newspaper, the Labour MP boasted in election material of how he had used his ministerial influence to help clear the way for the Co-operative Bank to merge with the Britannia Building Society.

On the Labour MP's website, referring to his time as a Treasury minister, it said: "In that role I was able to give the Treasury’s support for a new Private Member’s Bill that led to the creation of the first ever super-mutual bringing Britannia Building Society and the Co-op Bank together in the interests of customers rather than consumers,"

Mr Balls is also coming under pressure to return a £50,000 donation he received from the Co-op.  The disgraced former bank chairman sat on a board of the Co-op Group that authorised political donations, including the funding for Mr Balls’ office.

A spokesman for the Shadow Chancellor said: "It is matter of public knowledge that as a Treasury Minister Ed supported a Conservative MP’s Private Member’s Bill in 2007 which received cross-party backing and enabled co-operatives and building societies to merge without demutualising.

http://www.newsnetscotland.com/index.php/scottish-news/8377-labour-shadow-chancellor-comes-under-pressure-as-co-op-scandal-engulfs-party

Would love to know who the Tory MP was ?  lol   Needs a slap as well

Hi Munchy lol

The article is wrong because Balls had no influence over the merger - he wasn't even the Economic Secretary at the time which is a junior position and not even a Cabinet position.
The private members bill was brought to the House by Malcolm Wicks who was a Labour MP not a Tory.
However, the Tories were fully supportive of the bill which didn't even pass into law until early 2010. It was called the 'Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies and Credit Unions Bill' and I'll leave you to read what Tory minister Mark Hoban had to say about it on Conservative Home.

You can read it here...

On Friday the House of Commons had its second reading of the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies and Credit Unions Bill, brought in by Labour MP Malcolm Wicks (Croydon North).

Shadow Treasury Minister Mark Hoban spoke for the Conservatives. Here are some highlights from his speech:

"The hon. Gentleman asked whether we would support the Bill. He acknowledged that the Liberal Democrats were going to do so, and I see that the hon. Member for Twickenham (Dr. Cable) is a sponsor. I am pleased to say that we, too, will support it. It is very important, as it will modernise the legal framework of co-operatives and protect the interests of the members of co-operatives and industrial provident societies through the provisions that have been expanded on at great length.

http://www.conservativehome.com/parliament/2009/04/mark-hoban-speaks-out-in-favour-of-cooperative-and-community-societies.html

Over and out
Rolo Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu May 01, 2014 12:24 am

Irn Bru wrote:
gerber wrote:

Hey Rolo  xx

It doesn't and you are right.  But that is not to say balls had nothing to do with the merge.  He has gone on record and is proud of his involvement.  Not withstanding his slipperyness and lack of memory

Mr Balls is also coming under pressure to return a £50,000 donation he received from the Co-op.  The disgraced former bank chairman sat on a board of the Co-op Group that authorised political donations, including the funding for Mr Balls’ office.

Would love to know who the Tory MP was ?  lol   Needs a slap as well

Hi Munchy lol

The article is wrong because Balls had no influence over the merger - he wasn't even the Economic Secretary at the time which is a junior position and not even a Cabinet position.
The private members bill was brought to the House by Malcolm Wicks who was a Labour MP not a Tory.
However, the Tories were fully supportive of the bill which didn't even pass into law until early 2010. It was called the 'Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies and Credit Unions Bill' and I'll leave you to read what Tory minister Mark Hoban had to say about it on Conservative Home.

You can read it here...

On Friday the House of Commons had its second reading of the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies and Credit Unions Bill, brought in by Labour MP Malcolm Wicks (Croydon North).

Shadow Treasury Minister Mark Hoban spoke for the Conservatives. Here are some highlights from his speech:

"The hon. Gentleman asked whether we would support the Bill. He acknowledged that the Liberal Democrats were going to do so, and I see that the hon. Member for Twickenham (Dr. Cable) is a sponsor. I am pleased to say that we, too, will support it. It is very important, as it will modernise the legal framework of co-operatives and protect the interests of the members of co-operatives and industrial provident societies through the provisions that have been expanded on at great length.

http://www.conservativehome.com/parliament/2009/04/mark-hoban-speaks-out-in-favour-of-cooperative-and-community-societies.html

Over and out
Rolo Laughing

I and never would dispute you and your posts, why the chuff is load of so proud and bragging ( History ) he had a part

?

I acknowledge he is deranged but to that extent.............. lol

xx

Munchie
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu May 01, 2014 12:30 am

He had no role to play in the merger Gerbs and I've given you the parliamentary record of the evidence that was presented that explains fully what happened. As I say, Balls had no influence at the time and the bill only came into effect a few weeks before the coalition took power.

It's just a smear - nothing more.

Rolo xx
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 01, 2014 3:30 pm

Balls was claiming responsibility on one hand and then denying it with the other, if it's true he had nothing to do with it, then he was lying when he tried to imply he did.....!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu May 01, 2014 10:11 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Balls was claiming responsibility on one hand and then denying it with the other, if it's true he had nothing to do with it, then he was lying when he tried to imply he did.....!

Nonsense Tommy. Balls was referring to the bill that went trough parliament and had no role in the merger.

Read back this thread and you will see all the evidence you need to see to realise that.

Get cracking
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 10:45 pm

Mr load of balls found to be untrue once again 9k=

We got ours today!

Going up in about a week or so!

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 10:50 pm

Catman wrote:Mr load of balls found to be untrue once again 9k=

We got ours today!

Razz

But I found out today that you used to support the BNP......Didn't you?

Are you going to ....fess up?

You did,didn't you?....YOU USED TO BE A BNP SUPPORTER.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Thu May 01, 2014 10:52 pm

We got ours today!

Razz

Up your arse?

Fred
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 10:57 pm

Alright said Fred wrote:

We got ours today!

Razz

Up your arse?

Nope.

In our windows!

::D:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 10:59 pm

Catman wrote:
Alright said Fred wrote:

Up your arse?

Nope.

In our windows!

But I found out today that you used to support the BNP......Didn't you?

Are you going to ....fess up?

You did,didn't you?....YOU USED TO BE A BNP SUPPORTER.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 3:12 am

Catman wrote:
Alright said Fred wrote:

Up your arse?

Nope.

In our windows!

....There is going to be an argument!  Laughing 

Doug isn't political...I did agree that i wouldn't put up a window bill, until a week before the election!

Fuck it!

It's going up now!

Razz 

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri May 02, 2014 3:22 am

Stephenmarra wrote:As others have said, he's a politician it's what they do. The only one I would trust to tell owt like the truth is "The Beast of Bolsover"

how do you know when a politician is lying?

they're lips are moving  Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra Fri May 02, 2014 3:31 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Stephenmarra wrote:As others have said, he's a politician it's what they do. The only one I would trust to tell owt like the truth is "The Beast of Bolsover"

how do you know when a politician is lying?

they're lips are moving  Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Yep ! the world over.  ::smthg::
Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down