NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Will you help me, please?' Bedridden great-grandmother, 98, cried out 321 times in an hour - but her carers ignored her

5 posters

Go down

'Will you help me, please?' Bedridden great-grandmother, 98, cried out 321 times in an hour - but her carers ignored her Empty 'Will you help me, please?' Bedridden great-grandmother, 98, cried out 321 times in an hour - but her carers ignored her

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:44 pm

30th April 2014

Panorama, tonight.

Carers ignored the desperate cries for help of bedridden 98-year-old woman despite her calling for assistance 321 times in a single hour.

Shocking secret footage filmed inside Oban House care home in Croydon, south London showed great-grandmother Yvonne Grant begging to be taken to the toilet for up to two-and-a-half hours.

Tragically the hidden camera, which was placed in the room by concerned granddaughter Vanessa Evans, captured the final undignified days of Ms Grant's life, as she died less than a month later.

The secret footage forms part of a BBC Panorama investigation into abuse at care homes, which airs this evening.

'Will you help me, please?' Bedridden great-grandmother, 98, cried out 321 times in an hour - but her carers ignored her Articl59

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2616339/Slapped-bullied-supposed-care-Secret-filming-reveals-appalling-catalogue-abuse-homes-elderly.html#ixzz30MwiWwDs

Back to top Go down

'Will you help me, please?' Bedridden great-grandmother, 98, cried out 321 times in an hour - but her carers ignored her Empty Re: 'Will you help me, please?' Bedridden great-grandmother, 98, cried out 321 times in an hour - but her carers ignored her

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:01 pm

Our government can spend untold £billions on overseas aid, 40 year old investigations and sending aid to terrorists all over the world.

People on here can chat sh1t about dolphins, playing games and silly nonsense.

And all of them can look, but ignore this.

Back to top Go down

'Will you help me, please?' Bedridden great-grandmother, 98, cried out 321 times in an hour - but her carers ignored her Empty Re: 'Will you help me, please?' Bedridden great-grandmother, 98, cried out 321 times in an hour - but her carers ignored her

Post by harrymuffin Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:19 pm

How absolutely tragic. Humans can be so vile. The funny thing is, no one thinks they're ever going to be that age and may need help.

So sad.
harrymuffin
harrymuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:01 pm

if i think i will end up like that,and i could in the near future, i have a shotgun and plenty of pills.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:04 pm

nicko wrote:if i think i will end up like that,and i could in the near future, i have a shotgun and plenty of pills.

I'm not sure if they would work.

What you need is shotgun shells nicko.

cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:06 pm

This sort of things happens all over the world, and sadly I've seen it happen to my own father. I do hope that programs like this help raise awareness that it's going on and increases oversight.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:05 pm

andy, you seem to be able to find these things out....

interesting question for you...

what is the ethnicity of the owners of these torture chambers......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:16 pm

How? How can anyone ignore an old lady crying for help. Bastards every last one of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:24 pm

I can hear the L/W sob story now.....

"lessons will be learned" only they wont be.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:28 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:I can hear the L/W sob story now.....

"lessons will be learned"    only they wont be.......

Not when there is money to be made

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:30 pm

yeah well there is a trap here nems...

the R/W dont care because their pals are making shedloadsa dosh and the L/W dont WANT to care because correcting it would mean a lot of their beloved "specials would have get the boot.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:35 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:andy, you seem to be able to find these things out....

interesting question for you...

what is the ethnicity of the owners of these torture chambers......

http://www.hc-one.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:43 pm

Forgot the link to the home concerned:

http://www.hc-one.co.uk/homes/oban-house/

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:02 pm

It's absolutely shocking that this takes place in what is supposed to be a civilized society.

Make it a mandatory requirement for all rooms where patients are located to be fitted with cameras and for the footage to be made available for audit at any given time.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:35 pm

better still, start by executing a few of the staff AND the owners of such guilty places..... ::rambo:: :asplodeas: 

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu May 01, 2014 12:47 am

you know, their families could look after them too  Embarassed 

And Nicko  Cool  Andy's right mate, Pills don't really work in a shotgun  Razz 

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 12:50 am

veya_victaous wrote:you know, their families could look after them too  Embarassed 

how...when everyone in a family with parents that age are likely to HAVE to be working......

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu May 01, 2014 1:45 am

victorisnotamused wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:you know, their families could look after them too  Embarassed 

how...when everyone in a family with parents that age are likely to HAVE to be working......

Just like the RW masters want it, Work slaves forget the people that raised you they are not important!!!! back to the Grindstone!!!!!

Here everyone but the Anglo seems to manage to look after parents  Suspect  and if they are really bad ACTUALLY Visit them regularly if they are in a home and Move them if there is issues. We had to move one of my Grandmothers to a home she had a slowly degenerating cancer and was too bad towards the end, but We did move her from one Nursing home because we got a bad vibe.

Less than 6 months later
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/quakers-hill-nursing-home-killer-roger-dean-sentenced-for-murders-of-11-elderly-residents/story-fni0cx12-1226689260845

Glad we visited enough to see it wasn't ran well.  affraid  affraid  affraid 

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down