NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Christian nation, Dave? Only when we are trying to get a place in a faith school

Go down

A Christian nation, Dave? Only when we are trying to get a place in a faith school Empty A Christian nation, Dave? Only when we are trying to get a place in a faith school

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:38 am

It hurts me to say it, but the grisly gang of anti-God professors and authors are right, and David Cameron is wrong. This is not a Christian country any more. Actually, I suspect the Prime Minister knows this quite well, as he and his Nasty Party have never done anything to defend the national religion from its attackers.

It is of course possible that Mr Cameron is genuinely pulsing with the power of the Holy Ghost. But it is hard to forget that he is also trying to defend his flanks against UKIP, and to win back some of the ex-Tories who defected over same-sex marriage. Then there’s the problem of his children’s education. His well-publicised attendance at a London church miles from his home has helped him and one of his senior colleagues to insert their young into one of the best primary schools in England. Too bad for any children of poor Christian parents who couldn’t get in because the school is crammed with Tory infants. Of course Mr Cameron could afford a private school, but since the Tory Party was taken over by left-wingers, its leaders, like Labour’s, have to pretend to love the state system...

But both parties have kicked Christianity when it was down. Their joint support for easy divorce effectively cancelled the Church of England’s marriage oath, in which husband and wife swore to remain together for life. Their joint backing for abortion on demand undid one of the greatest advances made by Christian civilisation, which ended the pagan practice of murdering unwanted children.

They quietly allowed the teaching of Christianity as the national religion to disappear (illegally) from hundreds of state schools. Religion is now taught instead as a sort of oddity which other people do, and which you can laugh at provided they are not Muslims, who must be treated with respect in case they get angry. Pupils are now ignorant of the faith that formed their nation, but are force-fed green propaganda, and dangerously bad advice about sex and drugs.

They are actively hostile to an established Church. For they ban any ‘discrimination’ on the grounds of religion. And that means that the law cannot discriminate in favour of the Christian faith – a change many radical judges welcome.
In practice, of course, it also means that Islam, which brooks no mockery or disrespect, grows strong while the gentler voice of Anglicanism grows fainter and fainter until it is blown away on the breeze. You wait and see. But for now, until the church is turned into a mosque or a bar, the faith schools are still jolly good, if you can wangle your sons and daughters into them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2614028/PETER-HITCHENS-A-Christian-nation-Dave-Only-trying-place-faith-school.html

Back to top Go down

A Christian nation, Dave? Only when we are trying to get a place in a faith school Empty Re: A Christian nation, Dave? Only when we are trying to get a place in a faith school

Post by eddie Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:42 am

I absolutely dislike, with a real passion, people who attend church a few months before their offspring starts school. Those parents that want to get their children in to a catholic or Christian school just show their faces to accepted by the school because faith schools are considered better!
Those people are hypocrites of the highest order and the churches that allow them know this but still allow it to happen. It's a real bug-bear of mine actually. I'd rather send my child to a further school or worse school rather than prostitute myself liKe that.

I'm also not keen on people christening their kids even though they never set foot in church and live like total Bastards in their every day life.

So no, we are not a Christian country, whatever that means anymore. Hardly anyone goes to church - a small percentage - and those that do are hardly any better than anyone else.
We don't teach our kids about God - the schools teach some warped "religious education" watered down facts and figures, and not really any moral codes to live by.

Society lost the true meaning of God, which is what I perceive religion to be, years ago.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down