NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canada: Human rights tribunal to probe ‘homophobic’ Catholic school

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Canada: Human rights tribunal to probe ‘homophobic’ Catholic school Empty Canada: Human rights tribunal to probe ‘homophobic’ Catholic school

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:00 pm

Canada: Human rights tribunal to probe ‘homophobic’ Catholic school Christopher-Karas

Christopher Karas alleges that his school engages in "homophobic discrimination" (Photo: Twitter)

A human rights tribunal will look into a teenager’s claims that the Catholic school he attends engages in “homophobic discrimination”.

According to The Globe and Mail, the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal recieved a complaint from teenage Christopher Karas listing more than 35 allegations against the school, École Secondaire Catholique Sainte-Famille.

The 18-year-old claims that teachers facilitate anti-gay bullying, marginalised gays in the classroom, and refused to teach about gay issues.

He was also prevented from putting quotes from Harvey Milk on posters.

Karas said: “I wanted to go to the human-rights tribunal because it was important for me to have accountability for what had happened, but also most importantly to be heard. They’re discriminating against me.

“I think the way [the school board] responded to my human-rights-tribunal application is a lot like the way they’ve responded to me.

“They’ve rejected what I’ve said. They haven’t tried to constructively address the issues.”
The school board rejected his claims of homophobia, saying: “there was no discrimination based on sexual orientation”.

Karas is seeking a letter of apology and $25,000 (£13500) in compensation, as well as “public interest remedies”, such as sensitivity training for staff and students, and gender-neutral bathrooms.

Earlier this month, a Canadian university that bans gays had its plans to open a law school greenlit.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/04/21/canada-human-rights-tribunal-to-probe-homophobic-catholic-school/

That says it all really. Good on this brave young lad for standing up against religious persecution!  cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

Canada: Human rights tribunal to probe ‘homophobic’ Catholic school Empty Re: Canada: Human rights tribunal to probe ‘homophobic’ Catholic school

Post by eddie Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:02 pm

Yet you didn't call them "catholic shits".....?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Canada: Human rights tribunal to probe ‘homophobic’ Catholic school Empty Re: Canada: Human rights tribunal to probe ‘homophobic’ Catholic school

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:07 pm

.......Some very interesting reader comments..

Hue-Man • 6 hours ago

Bravo for being persistent! Gutless provincial politicians - including Ontario's first lesbian premier - are unwilling to tell the catholic church to stop discriminating. Especially galling, the schools are 100% funded by Ontario taxpayers, and in Canada's two official languages.

Catholic schools are obviously not listening to their new leader. You don't have to change your gay-hating religious (hoky-poky magic) doctrine; provide students with the best possible learning environment, which in Canada includes LGBT rights.

Share ›

Rumbelow • 6 hours ago

Thy wouldn't get away with discriminating against black people, why should this be any different? Good luck with this prosecution and I hope you see this through to a successful conclusion.

Share ›

one.second • 6 hours ago

I wish him all the best. It is high time that the Catholic Church and institutions are held accountable for all of their crimes.

Share ›

Hue-Man • 7 hours ago

Lawyers doing what lawyers do, from Thursday: "Trinity Western law school could face new law society vote"

"Victoria criminal lawyer Michael Mulligan is attempting to trigger a rare special general meeting to overturn a decision by the law society to accredit the controversial school last week." http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/...

cheers cheers cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:11 pm

Sleep 
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:15 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Sleep 

Stick to your gay-hating religious (hoky-poky magic) then!  tongue 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:15 pm

If I was the manager of the school board...I'D just close it down...with a letter to every pupil spelling out exactly WHY it was being closed, and how it was just not worth the hassle of running it......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:23 pm

Come on Victor, I don't believe you think that anti-gay bullying is right, especially in a school.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:27 pm

Sassy wrote:Come on Victor, I don't believe you think that anti-gay bullying is right, especially in a school.

neither do I think "gender neutral bathrooms" are the way to go either

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:28 pm

nor is "sensitivity training" for the other students...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:29 pm

and he wants 25,000 dollars....hmmmmmmm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:29 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Sassy wrote:Come on Victor, I don't believe you think that anti-gay bullying is right, especially in a school.

Lots of places have them, especially on the continent, and I'm pretty sure them have them in America. Personally, I prefer one to myself lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:30 pm

another catman in the making....
claim something for nothing, and raise cain over his agenda...

apparantly being "gay friendly" is compulsory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:31 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:nor is "sensitivity training" for the other students...

Well I'd disagree with you there, if they are being homophobic I'd have them in 'sensitivity training' toute suite, and the teachers for allowing it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:31 pm

You obviously don't hold a dim view over homophobic bullying then.  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:32 pm

I think those outdoor male urinals that are used at Festivals are bloody awful, but if a guy is bursting and the other toilets are full, then he has no choice....

And they stink to high friggin heaven!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:32 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:another catman in the making....

Nope, think he is standing up for himself, good on him, and it's not be gay-unfriendly thats compulsory and making his life hell just because he is gay. What happens to gay kids in schools stays with them for life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:38 pm

Sassy wrote:

Well I'd disagree with you there, if they are being homophobic I'd have them in 'sensitivity training' toute suite, and the teachers for allowing it.

well i suppose you can get away with that sort of intellectual violence nowadays because of the economic situation....but if I was a student at that place and somebody said to me ...you are going to do "sensitivity training"...they would have got two fingers from me......

Firstly....when are you going to do it....outside normal study time?....bugger off...last lecture of the day thats me done...except for whatever private subject study is needed...
In normal study time?...what essential course work are you going to drop in favour of yet more "gayism"??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:40 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Sassy wrote:

well i suppose you can get away with that sort of intellectual violence nowadays because of the economic situation....but if I was a student at that place and somebody said to me ...you are going to do "sensitivity training"...they would have got two fingers from me......

Firstly....when are you going to do it....outside normal study time?....bugger off...last lecture of the day thats me done...except for whatever private subject study is needed...
In normal study time?...what essential course work are you going to drop in favour of yet more "gayism"??

Well, they do set time aside for 'social studies', I think that is very apt. 'Gayism', learning not to bully people because of their sexual orientation?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:42 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Sassy wrote:

No 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:52 pm

Sassy wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

Well, they do set time aside for 'social studies', I think that is very apt.   'Gayism', learning not to bully people because of their sexual orientation?  

do they though...is this a "school" or a college ??? ::dunno:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:53 pm

Catman wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Sleep 

Stick to your gay-hating religious (hoky-poky magic) then!  tongue 

You're so amazingly boring.  No 
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:54 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Well, they do set time aside for 'social studies', I think that is very apt.   'Gayism', learning not to bully people because of their sexual orientation?  

do they though...is this a "school" or a college ??? ::dunno:: 

It says school?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:56 pm

Oh I see - the guy just wants some dosh.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:00 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Oh I see - the guy just wants some dosh.

'Earlier this month, a Canadian university that bans gays had its plans to open a law school greenlit'

They won't win!  Razz 

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:01 pm

It must be quite boring to be gay if being gay is all a gay person thinks about. I hope Catman isn't representative of them.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:05 pm

erm..what does "greenlit" mean??? ::dunno:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:10 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:It must be quite boring to be gay if being gay is all a gay person thinks about. I hope Catman isn't representative of them.

I would direct you to the reader comments on Pink News, i'm quite representative of gay people, or rather those that have an interest in current affairs and politics etc, those that choose not to speak out are in the minority!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:11 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:erm..what does "greenlit" mean??? ::dunno:: 

A typo?

Idiot!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:12 pm

Catman wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:It must be quite boring to be gay if being gay is all a gay person thinks about. I hope Catman isn't representative of them.

I would direct you to the reader comments on Pink News, i'm quite representative of gay people, or rather those that have an interest in current affairs and politics etc, those that choose not to speak out are in the minority!

Oh. No wonder some people are homophobic then.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:15 pm

Sassy wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

Lots of places have them, especially on the continent, and I'm pretty sure them have them in America.   Personally, I prefer one to myself lol

Is that because your gender is in question??

Part butch part brute part thug part gargoyle and a hint of female......ish???

Wouldn't it just be easier for you to hike up your dress and piss in the alley??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:16 pm

Catman wrote:

A typo?

Idiot!

Perhaps YOU are the idiot...greenlit....given the green light (since "canadian" english is more or less the same as american english)
i.e given the go-ahead......

seems like they actually did "win"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:17 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Lots of places have them, especially on the continent, and I'm pretty sure them have them in America.   Personally, I prefer one to myself lol

Wouldn't it just be easier for you to hike up your dress and piss in the alley??

Now now smelly.....no chatting the ladies up......

You have SUCH a line of endearments.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:17 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Catman wrote:

A typo?

Idiot!

Perhaps YOU are the idiot...greenlit....given the green light (since "canadian" english is more or less the same as american english)

Why did you ask the question in the first place then MORON?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:17 pm

Greenlit means approved to be created or started. I believe it was originally a Hollywood slang term for a studio approving a movie to be made.

Think about being at a traffic light, light turns green, means "go" ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:19 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

Laughing 
evening Victor x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:19 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

Just practicing my lion taming act for tomorrow night  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:20 pm

Catman wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

well...YOUR post indicated you thought it was a good thing......but then again I suppose we cant expect clear posts from an alcohol damaged imbecile.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:21 pm

Nems wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

Laughing 
evening Victor x

eyup  ::D:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:22 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Nems wrote:

Laughing 
evening Victor x

turned out nice again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:25 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Catman wrote:

well...YOUR post indicated you thought it was a good thing......but then again I suppose we cant expect clear posts from an alcohol damaged imbecile.....

You are just trying to deflect from the fact that you have been exposed as a closet homophobe and a fucking coward.

Wanker.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:30 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:another catman in the making....

COWARD!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:32 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Sassy wrote:

COWARD!

It's not Philophobia, you have issues against gay people that stand up for their rights!

Wanker!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:36 pm

Nems wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

turned out nice again!

yup, spent a lovely evening out on my permission...300 acres of farmland, with permission to take vermin, game (in season obviously) and waterfowl (again, in season)
4 hour walk round. Spent most of the time watching the skylarks..and the hares (which I dont shoot (even though I can)) boxing....

Now imagine this....this land, at 8:00 pm is 300 acres of silence, surrounded by umpteen acres of silence.....normally I shoot with a rifle for quietness sake....today I had the 12 bore.....I let drive at a sunday roast size rabbit.....OMFG...I nearly crapped myself......the noise was.......uhm.......shattering after all that silence.......recon I'll stick with the rifle for evening shooting.....leave the noisy beast for during more "normal" hours....me tabs are still ringing......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:37 pm

Catman wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

COWARD!

It's not Philophobia, you have issues against gay people that stand up for their rights!

Wanker!

ner nerdy ner ner.....come on you screaming queen...let it all hang out...so we can have a good laugh at you......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:40 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Nems wrote:

turned out nice again!

yup, spent a lovely evening out on my permission...300 acres of farmland, with permission to take vermin, game (in season obviously) and waterfowl (again, in season)
4 hour walk round. Spent most of the time watching the skylarks..and the hares (which I dont shoot (even though I can)) boxing....

Now imagine this....this land, at 8:00 pm is 300 acres of silence, surrounded by umpteen acres of silence.....normally I shoot with a rifle for quietness sake....today I had the 12 bore.....I let drive at a sunday roast size rabbit.....OMFG...I nearly crapped myself......the noise was.......uhm.......shattering after all that silence.......recon I'll stick with the rifle for evening shooting.....leave the noisy beast for during more "normal" hours....me tabs are still ringing......

Im not surprised Victor!
Did you get him?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:47 pm

Yup,its now in salted water, in the fridge , ready to go in the slow cooker tomorrow morning.

(if you soak a rabbit in salted water overnight, before cooking it, it takes away the sometimes over-strong flavour that some, especially bucks, can have)

so its rabbit casserole for tea tomorrow ::D::
nom nom nom....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:53 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:Yup,its now in salted water, in the fridge , ready to go in the slow cooker tomorrow morning.

(if you soak a rabbit in salted water overnight, before cooking it, it takes away the sometimes over-strong flavour that some, especially bucks, can have)

so its rabbit casserole for tea tomorrow  ::D::
nom nom nom....

Never tried rabbit you know

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:55 pm

lovely...if its done right.....

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:44 am

victorisnotamused wrote:If I was the manager of the school board...I'D just close it down...with a letter to every pupil spelling out exactly WHY it was being closed, and how it was just not worth the hassle of running it......

That woudl be Awesome  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz 

"Dear Students,

We are closing our doors because we are an archaic bunch of ass holes that believe in intolerance of those that are different from us. We are closing our doors because the completely ridiculous fairytale we use to justify our hate filled existence has been proven false with out a doubt by science, logic and reasoning and continuing to promote such False information at this point is truly immoral and to the detriment of humankind. We are sure society will be much better off with out our presence.

Yours truly,
Religions Education"
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:06 am

victorisnotamused wrote:
Catman wrote:

COWARD!

Wanker!

ner nerdy ner ner.....come on you screaming queen...let it all hang out...so we can have a good laugh at you......

Cool 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next