NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Anti-Gay Bigot Gets Humiliated

2 posters

Go down

An Anti-Gay Bigot Gets Humiliated Empty An Anti-Gay Bigot Gets Humiliated

Post by Lurker Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:24 pm

When Peter LaBarbera saw that close to a hundred people had assembled at my college to hear his warning about “the gay agenda,” I’m sure he was thrilled. He is the president of a group called Americans for Truth About Homosexuality, which describes its mission as being “dedicated to exposing the homosexual-bisexual-transgender activist agendas.”

When, less than 10 minutes later, he was left with an audience of about a dozen, he was angry. Angry enough to say, as the masses marched out, “You’re leaving? Are you effing kidding?” Angry enough to tweet, later that evening, “Two liberal professors lead their students in a walkout of my talk … rather than allow them to hear an opposing viewpoint.”

Except that’s not exactly what happened.

http://www.salon.com/2014/04/16/%E2%80%9Cyou%E2%80%99re_leaving_are_you_effing_kidding%E2%80%9D_an_anti_gay_bigot_gets_humiliated/
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

An Anti-Gay Bigot Gets Humiliated Empty Re: An Anti-Gay Bigot Gets Humiliated

Post by veya_victaous Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:55 pm

that's a good story  ::D::

the best part

At first, no one spoke. Then a young woman stood, took the mic offered to her, introduced herself, and said, “I’m here because most of my friends are gay, and I love them with all my heart.” She sat down amid enthusiastic applause.

And then the magic happened.

For the next 40 minutes or so, students and faculty and guests passed the mic to one another and spoke plain truths about their lives and loves. They expressed frustrations and hopes. They professed faith and doubt. Some identified themselves as gay or straight; many did not. Some identified themselves as Christians, others as atheists or Buddhists or agnostics. One man said he moved here from a country where homosexuality was punishable by hanging. Another said that after a history of drug use and time in prison, he had found Christ, and that studying theology in college had deepened his faith and opened his mind. Just before we ran out of time, a woman stood up and said, “I’m a lesbian. After this, I have some work to do, and then I have to get to the grocery store, and then I will have dinner with my partner, and then we will walk the dogs. That is my gay agenda.”
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:58 pm

That is totally awesome!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down