NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Les

+2
Eilzel
Cass
6 posters

NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

For Les - Page 2 Empty For Les

Post by Cass Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

LIVERPOOL. LIVERPOOL LIVERPOOL.......I got woken up at 6am by screaming.....Mr. C and junior are happy bunnies. Sorry pet xxx
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

For Les - Page 2 Empty Re: For Les

Post by Irn Bru Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:37 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:I don't suppose anyone else supports Spurs? ::D:: 

eddie does
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:54 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:I don't suppose anyone else supports Spurs? ::D:: 

eddie does

They are very sweet,that's why I like them

We tend to be 3 nil down and then score four goals in the last 5 minutes

I originally supported them because of David Ginola  ::D:: 
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:08 pm

D'you wanna know who I support?

About 5 million scroungers and their feral offspring!

Neutral 

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:18 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

eddie does

I like Spurs to; their goal keeper us is always very welcoming to our shots on goal (Man City)  lol! flower 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:23 pm

Eilzel wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

eddie does

I like Spurs to; their goal keeper us is always very welcoming to our shots on goal (Man City)  lol! flower 

Certainly isn't a Pat Jennings. The man is a legend at WHL
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon May 12, 2014 7:34 am

And of course; the only thing that matters at the end of a season- is who is on top on the last day  cheers cheers cheers 

For Les - Page 2 Steve-gerrard

For Les - Page 2 Mancitypremierleaguetrophygroupceleb20140511_576x324

lol! lol! lol! 

Amazing feeling as City stormed to the Premier League title for the second time  in 3 years in the end- though admitedly not as emotionally crucifying as last time haha!

Now bring on next season  Cool
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 12, 2014 7:35 am

Congrats Eilzel, have to say Liverpool bottled it with nerves in the end, but fair play to Man City, well done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon May 12, 2014 7:40 am

Didge wrote:Congrats Eilzel, have to say Liverpool bottled it with nerves in the end, but fair play to Man City, well done.

Well I doubt Gerrard will be forgetting that slip anytime soon haha  Wink 

Let's hope he makes up for it in the World Cup  ::D:: 

Love the song about Gerrard though (to the music of Que sera sera  Smile  )

"Steve Gerrard, Gerrard,
He slipped on his fu-cking arse,
He gave it to Dem-ba ba,
Steve Gerrard, Gerrard"

Laughing 

Bless him, I like Stevie G too; but Suarez is an end who deserves no success at all.

Hoping for a Gunners win in the FA cup now didge; 2 reasons

1. A brilliant Charity Shield match!

2. It would mean United end up in the Europa cup and that would mess up their Premiership next year  Twisted Evil 

Great season though eh? Never known it so competitive, I think Arsenal spent more days on top than any other team and City only about 2 weeks!
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 12, 2014 7:45 am

Oh yeah forgot about the Charity Shield.

To be honest Eilzel, I have a bad feeling for the Final, like against Birmingham, as if Arsenal do not score in the first 20 minutes, the pressure will start to get to them with Hull having nothing to lose. Going to be very nervous game, where normally in finals am fine, but this is different, so long since they won anything.

Hilarious song, ha ha, ohhhh but the World Cup, really going into this the first time in ages with nobody riding England high, maybe that will be good not to have such big expectations, because nobody thinks we will do well, pressure good be off a bit. No doubt they will get through the group stage, we will get all excited, and them bomb out on penalties

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon May 12, 2014 7:50 am

Didge wrote:Oh yeah forgot about the Charity Shield.

To be honest Eilzel, I have a bad feeling for the Final, like against Birmingham, as if Arsenal do not score in the first 20 minutes, the pressure will start to get to them with Hull having nothing to lose. Going to be very nervous game, where normally in finals am fine, but this is different, so long since they won anything.

Hilarious song, ha ha, ohhhh but the World Cup, really going into this the first time in ages with nobody riding England high, maybe that will be good not to have such big expectations, because nobody thinks we will do well, pressure good be off a bit. No doubt they will get through the group stage, we will get all excited, and them bomb out on penalties

Haha well that's the usual script! You may be right about the lack of pressure though; and since much of England is the current Liverpool team we might be a dark horse  Smile 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 12, 2014 7:53 am

Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:Oh yeah forgot about the Charity Shield.

Haha well that's the usual script! You may be right about the lack of pressure though; and since much of England is the current Liverpool team we might be a dark horse  Smile 

Who knows mate, will be interesting and we will all get frustrated to hell with England ha ha

Well done mate enjoy the savory of winning the league.

::D:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon May 12, 2014 8:50 am

Liverpool had their chance and they blew it. The best team in the league won it but only by a margin and Liverpool will be back stronger next season. They need to plug the leaks at the back though because that is basically where they lost it.
And what is it about Arsenal? They were going like a train at one point and it all just frittered away. They need some backbone in the team and an inspirational player who can drive them on. Someone like Ray Parlour springs to mind. Never a shining light in the team but he was solid and a real driver who never quite got the credit he deserved.
Arsenal are attractive to watch but that doesn't always win matches and keeping it going is difficult.
Hopefully they can improve next season.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon May 12, 2014 9:14 am

Irn Bru wrote:Liverpool had their chance and they blew it. The best team in the league won it but only by a margin and Liverpool will be back stronger next season. They need to plug the leaks at the back though because that is basically where they lost it.
And what is it about Arsenal? They were going like a train at one point and it all just frittered away. They need some backbone in the team and an inspirational player who can drive them on. Someone like Ray Parlour springs to mind. Never a shining light in the team but he was solid and a real driver who never quite got the credit he deserved.
Arsenal are attractive to watch but that doesn't always win matches and keeping it going is difficult.

To be honest I think both City and Arsenal suffered from a lot of injuries this year; had Arsenal not lost 3 top plays in the second half of the season I've no doubt they'd have competed for the title till the very end; then again at the same time had Aguero and Negredo not suffered injuries in Jan/Feb I'm sure both would have broke all kinds of records and City may well have walked it!

Liverpool I honestly think will be more subdued next year; they benefited immensely this year through no European football and being able to concentrate on the League- I also wonder if Suarez will stick around?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 12, 2014 9:18 am

Eilzel wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:Liverpool had their chance and they blew it. The best team in the league won it but only by a margin and Liverpool will be back stronger next season. They need to plug the leaks at the back though because that is basically where they lost it.

To be honest I think both City and Arsenal suffered from a lot of injuries this year; had Arsenal not lost 3 top plays in the second half of the season I've no doubt they'd have competed for the title till the very end; then again at the same time had Aguero and Negredo not suffered injuries in Jan/Feb I'm sure both would have broke all kinds of records and City may well have walked it!

Liverpool I honestly think will be more subdued next year; they benefited immensely this year through no European football and being able to concentrate on the League- I also wonder if Suarez will stick around?

Congrats Les!
Well done to Man City. Lots of sad Reds and laughing Blues about round here.
Suarez wouldnt be missed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon May 12, 2014 9:21 am

Nems wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Congrats Les!

You reckon? He may be a wrong 'un but almost won Liverpool the league with his goals-would fans really want him out?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 12, 2014 9:39 am

Eilzel wrote:
Nems wrote:

Congrats Les!

You reckon? He may be a wrong 'un but almost won Liverpool the league with his goals-would fans really want him out?

Probably not to be fair, which just goes to show if you are good enough at something or bring in enough revenue you can do what you want.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon May 12, 2014 9:51 am

Nems wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Probably not to be fair, which just goes to show if you are good enough at something or bring in enough revenue you can do what you want.

It is a shame but true I think.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 12, 2014 10:10 am

Eilzel wrote:
Nems wrote:

It is a shame but true I think.

Look at Cantona as a perfect example of that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 12, 2014 2:42 pm

As Eilzel states, it was losing the important matches that mattered in the end, Arsenal only obtained 6 points out of 24 against the Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea and Everton, that just is not good enough if you are going to win the title. 
Ray was a good worker but not a leader and it is a leader that Arsenal has lacked on the pitch for some time, where someone can lift the team when they go down to the bigger clubs, Arsenal were always able to come back against the lesser teams but not the top ones and thus lacked someone to drive them forward. Arsenal started to go downhill when they lost Ramsey and Walcot, this made a huge difference plus as Eilzel says with so many out.
I tell you what I know he is retired but I would have the dutch master back, because he could turn a game on his head with his sublime skill and leadership wise it would be Adams, not that he was a great player, but he was a great leader at the back.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 12, 2014 3:56 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

eddie does

Spurs through and through!
It's probably the only thing Irn doesn't like about me  lol! 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon May 12, 2014 4:24 pm

Well... Cough.....done....gag......city/les

How's yer head this morning? Lol x
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon May 12, 2014 4:27 pm

Cass wrote:Well... Cough.....done....gag......city/les

Haha, it was ok actually; I had drunk enough the night before so didn't have TOO much yesterday  Wink 

Must have been a sad end in the Cass household- Liverpool slipping at the final hurdle (ouch haha) and Norwich demoted  Sad 

Must admit I wanted Sunderland to go down instead; they usually always get the better of us...
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon May 12, 2014 4:31 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Cass wrote:Well... Cough.....done....gag......city/les

Haha, it was ok actually; I had drunk enough the night before so didn't have TOO much yesterday  Wink 

Must have been a sad end in the Cass household- Liverpool slipping at the final hurdle (ouch haha) and Norwich demoted  Sad 

Must admit I wanted Sunderland to go down instead; they usually always get the better of us...

Yes twas not happy. Me special dinner was ruined as junior kept moaning all city had to do was lose.....thank god for my margarita!
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon May 12, 2014 5:04 pm

Cass wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Yes twas not happy. Me special dinner was ruined as junior kept moaning all city had to do was lose.....thank god for my margarita!

Haha, he should've known it was a long shot; the Hammers had nothing to play for unlike  Razz 

At least you didn't let it spoil your drink  lol!  x
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon May 12, 2014 6:11 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Cass wrote:

Haha, he should've known it was a long shot; the Hammers had nothing to play for unlike  Razz 

Oh hell no. I did a but first lets take a selfie to cheer him up even though I looked a fright. Bloody kids! X
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon May 12, 2014 6:15 pm

Cass wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Oh hell no. I did a but first lets take a selfie to cheer him up even though I looked a fright. Bloody kids! X

Yeah I saw, so that's what that was haha, nice pic  Cool 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 12, 2014 6:15 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:Congrats Eilzel, have to say Liverpool bottled it with nerves in the end, but fair play to Man City, well done.

Let's  hope  he makes up for it in the World Cup  ::D:: 

"Steve Gerrard, Gerrard,
He gave it to Dem-ba ba,
Steve Gerrard, Gerrard"

Laughing 

Bless him, I like Stevie G too; but Suarez is an end who deserves no success at all.

Oh Noes! Here's to happier Stevie G memories

For Les - Page 2 Gayalonsogerrard

Yum!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon May 12, 2014 6:17 pm

lovedust wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Let's  hope  he makes up for it in the World Cup  ::D:: 

"Steve Gerrard, Gerrard,
He gave it to Dem-ba ba,
Steve Gerrard, Gerrard"

Laughing 

Yum!

Wow  Shocked 

Well that was a nice surprise; I used to have such a gay boy crush on Stevie G: still do when my fan boy side doesn't make me see him as an accident prone cry baby who made me nervous for a few months  lol! 

When is that from anyways?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 12, 2014 6:23 pm

Eilzel wrote:
lovedust wrote:

Yum!

Wow  Shocked 

Well that was a nice surprise; I used to have such a gay boy crush on Stevie G: still do when my fan boy side doesn't make me see him as an accident prone cry baby who made me nervous for a few months  lol! 

That was in the moments following his spectacular 2005 Champions League comeback.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon May 12, 2014 6:25 pm

lovedust wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Wow  Shocked 

That was in the moments following his spectacular 2005 Champions League comeback.

Ah that was spectacular; I loved Liverpool then; mostly due to that comeback, I even got emotional  Smile 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum