NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should councils be allowed to take properties back off people..

Go down

Should councils be allowed to take properties back off people.. Empty Should councils be allowed to take properties back off people..

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:29 am

if they supply a 3 bedroom home to a family and then they end up with just 2 people in that home should council be allowed to forcibly re house the tenants..

Back to top Go down

Should councils be allowed to take properties back off people.. Empty Re: Should councils be allowed to take properties back off people..

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:44 am

I think they offer them a smaller property or they have to pay the difference in housing benefit for the spare bedrooms .

But i think they can take them back after all they only rent them .

Back to top Go down

Should councils be allowed to take properties back off people.. Empty Re: Should councils be allowed to take properties back off people..

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:45 am

VOD(original) wrote:I think they offer them a smaller property or they have to pay the difference in housing benefit for the spare bedrooms .

I agree the council supplied the home because the family had no where else to go, so the council should be allowed to take the home back if they need too..

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:50 am

VOD(original) wrote:I think they offer them a smaller property or they have to pay the difference in housing benefit for the spare bedrooms .

Offering them a smaller property is the right thing to do and if they haven't done that then they shouldn't be allowed to take it back.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:00 am

Irn Bru wrote:

Offering them a smaller property is the right thing to do and if they haven't done that then they shouldn't be allowed to take it back.

that does make sense...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:04 pm

just like they should walk in and take your(supposed) mansion off you....after all its too big for YOUR needs....why should you have it?

aside from the "i paid for it argument" (which is moraly irrelevant at this point) how can you justify having a large property when you dont NEED it? (which is the argument you are proposing...i.e based on need)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down