NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free Speech died in Boston

3 posters

Go down

Free Speech died in Boston Empty Free Speech died in Boston

Post by veya_victaous Tue May 28, 2013 12:15 am

An 18 year old man is charged with terrorist offences for posting a bad rap on the internet.

http://freepatriot.org/2013/05/22/18-year-old-looking-at-20-years-for-anti-government-lyrics-on-facebook/

pretty crazy, seems that the media has purposely misquoted this dickhead's terrible lyrics to make them seem more threatening then they actaully are, so now he is denied bail and going to be held for 3 months pending trial.

No question his post is in bad taste, but some fool wanting to brag about his rapping with reference to a current tradgedy is still not a crime (maybe a crime against music Cool ). there is no specific threat and if you read the full thing it is obvious he is not saying he is goign to blow up anything he is saying he will get more media attention because of his mad rapping skillz (again no one is saying he is not a dickhead)
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Free Speech died in Boston Empty Re: Free Speech died in Boston

Post by Ben Reilly Tue May 28, 2013 7:14 pm

Interesting case -- I don't know whether I'd go as far as either saying that free speech died OR that authorities have handled this properly.

Here's some further reading from Snopes:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/dambrosio.asp
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSchool Thu May 30, 2013 3:50 am

The kid is a major idiot, but no terrorist. I used to write all sorts of super fucked up songs and poems when I was in high-school just for shock value.
What I don't get is Cannibal Corpse has some of the most vile and evil lyrics I have ever heard and yet somehow this kid's lyrics are worse than Cannibal Corpse? Some of the lyrics are so vile, I don't want to repeat any of it here, but if you want, check out the lyrics to "Necropedophile" or "Entrails Ripped from a Virgin's Cunt" you will feel vile just reading the lyrics.

And if you want something more mainstream just read Eminem's lyrics..."I can't describe the vibe I get when I drive by 6 people and 5 I hit"
or if you're more old school punk like myself...

I Kill Children by Dead Kennedys

"I kill children
And make their mamas cry
Crush 'em under my car
I wanna hear them scream
Feed 'em poison candy
To spoil their Halloween"

Misfits (last caress)
"I got something to say, I raped your mother today and it doesn't matter much to me as long as she's spread,
I got something to say, I killed your baby today and it doesn't matter much to me as long as its dead."

DrSchool
DrSchool
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSchool Thu May 30, 2013 4:00 am

Ben, you think the authorities handled this properly?
Can you expound?
DrSchool
DrSchool
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSchool Thu May 30, 2013 4:05 am

The more news I read from the US, the happier I am that I don't live there anymore. The place is seriously turning into Bizaro world.
DrSchool
DrSchool
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu May 30, 2013 4:58 am

@ben
but need to make title interesting Laughing

I would say it is worse than that he is Imprisioned already and not even convicted? Justice? I think not.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 30, 2013 5:13 am

To clarify -- I would NOT say that authorities handled this properly. I think it's a good old fashioned moral panic in action.

That said, I don't disagree with the notion of some intervention in this kid's life. Sounds like he goes beyond what Dr. School was talking about (the usual messed-up teenage stuff) and is a bit violent, from what I saw in the Snopes article:

"According to police reports, D'Ambrosio has a history of making violent threats, once to his sister and once to a pair of eighth graders. Police responded to an incident in 2006 in which a neighbor reported that D'Ambrosio bit her son on the arm during a fight. In September 2012, another student severely beat D'Ambrosio, rupturing his spleen and putting him in the hospital, over a Facebook post by D'Ambrosio about the student's girlfriend."
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSchool Thu May 30, 2013 5:25 am

He threatened some people, bit one guy and got the shit kicked out of him once. Doesn't sound too unlike high school douche bags I knew. Actually that is tame compared to most of the assholes in school. And if you compare this to the hate crimes committed in schools and how easy many of them are let off easily...flipping out over his lyrics is pointless, fear mongering.
They also can't use his history with biting a person as an excuse for arresting him for his violent lyrics. It is a good reason to monitor him but not arrest him. This guy is seriously small potatoes compared to shit I've seen in schools.

DrSchool
DrSchool
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down