NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was Jesus a Strict Vegetarian?

2 posters

Go down

Was Jesus a Strict Vegetarian

Was Jesus a Strict Vegetarian? Vote_lcap100%Was Jesus a Strict Vegetarian? Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 1 ]
Was Jesus a Strict Vegetarian? Vote_lcap0%Was Jesus a Strict Vegetarian? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 1

Poll closed

Was Jesus a Strict Vegetarian? Empty Was Jesus a Strict Vegetarian?

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:40 pm

Perusing the beautifully written Gospel of Peace, Jesus appears to be espousing a sort of pantheism:

"Your Mother is in you, and you in her. She bore you she gives you life. it was she who gave to you your body, and to her shall you one day give it back again. Happy are you when you come to know her and her kingdom; if you receive your Mother's angels and if you do her laws. I tell you truly, he who does these things shall never see disease. For the power of our Mother is above all. And it destroys Satan and his kingdom, and has rule over all your bodies and all living things.

"The blood which runs in us is born of the blood of our Earthly Mother. Her blood falls from the clouds; leaps from the womb of the earth; babbles in the brooks of the mountains; flows wide in the rivers of the plains; sleeps in the lakes; rages mightily in tempestuous seas.

"The air which we breathe is born of the breath of our Earthly Mother. Her breath is azure in the heights of t heavens; soughs in the tops of the mountains; whispers the leaves of the forest; billows over the cornfields; slumbers in the deep valleys, burns hot in the desert.

"The hardness of our bones is born of the bones of our Earthly Mother, of the rocks and of the stones. They stand naked to the heavens on the tops of mountains; are as giants that lie sleeping on the sides of the mountains, as idols set in the desert, and are hidden in the deepness of the earth.

"The tenderness of our flesh is born of the flesh of our Earthly Mother; whose flesh waxes yellow and red in the fruits of the trees, and nurtures us in the furrows of the fields.

"Our bowels are born of the bowels of our Earthly Mother, and are hid from our eyes, like the invisible depths of the earth.

"The light of our eyes, the hearing of our ears, both are born of the colors and the sounds of our Earthly Mother; which enclose us about, as the waves of the sea a fish, as the eddying air a bird.

"I tell you in very truth, Man is the Son of the Earthly Mother, and from her did the Son of Man receive his whole body, even as the body of the newborn babe is born of the womb of his mother. I tell you truly, you are one with the Earthly Mother; she is in you, and you in her. Of her were you born, in her do you live, and to her shall you return again. Keep, therefore, her laws, for none can live long, neither be happy, but he who honors his Earthly Mother and does her laws."

... Later on, Jesus offers  a fascinating explantation for the "Prodigal Son" parable, which appears to admit of holistic interpretation:

"Then Jesus turned to the sick folk and said: "I speak to you in parables that you may better understand God's word. The seven years of eating and drinking and of riotous living are the sins of the past. The wicked creditor is Satan. The debts are diseases. The heavy labor is pains. The prodigal son, he is yourselves. The payment of the debts is the casting from you of devils and diseases, and the healing of your body. The bag of silver received from the father is the liberating power of the angels. The father is God. The father's possessions are earth and heaven. The servants of the father are the angels. The father's field is the world, which is changed into the kingdom of the heavens, if the Sons of Man work thereon together with the angels of the Heavenly Father. For I tell you, it is better that the son should obey his father and keep watch over his father's servants in the field, than that he should become the debtor of the wicked creditor and toil and sweat in serfdom to repa y all his debts. it is better, likewise, if the Sons of Man also obey the laws of their Heavenly Father, and work together with his angels upon his kingdom, than that they should become the debtors of Satan, the lord of death, of all sins and all diseases, and that they should suffer with pains and sweat till they have repaid all their sins. I tell you truly, great and many are your sins. Many years have you yielded to the enticings of Satan. You have been gluttonous, wine-bibbers and gone a-whoring, and your past debts have multiplied. And now you must repay them, and payment is difficult and hard. Be not, therefore, already impatient after the third day, like the prodigal son, but wait patiently for the seventh day which is sanctified by God, and then go with humble and obedient heart before the face of your Heavenly Father, that he may forgive you your sins and all your past debts. I tell you truly, your Heavenly Father loves you without end, for he also allows you to pay in seven days the debts of seven years. Those that owe the sins and diseases of seven years, but pay honestly and persevere till the seventh day, to them shall our Heavenly Father forgive the debts of all these seven years.

"If we sin for seven times seven years?" asked a sick man who suffered horribly. "Even in that case the Heavenly Father forgives you all your debts in seven times seven days.

"Happy are those that persevere to the end, for the devils of Satan write all your evil deeds in a book, in the book of your body and your spirit. I tell you truly, there is not one sinful deed, but it is written, even from the beginning of the world, before our Heavenly Father. For you may escape the laws made by kings, but the laws of your God, these may none of the Sons of Man escape. And when you come before the face of God, the devils of Satan bear witness against you with your deed, and God sees your sins written in the book of your body and of your spirit and is sad in his heart. But if you repent of your sins, and by fasting and prayer you seek the angels of God, then each day that you continue to fast and to pray, God's angels blot out one year of your evil deeds from the book of your body and your spirit. And when the last page is also blotted out and cleansed from all your sins, you stand before the face of God, and God rejoices in his heart and forgets all your sins. He frees you from the clutches of Satan and from suffering; he takes you within his house and commands that all his servants, all his angels serve you. Long life does he give you, and you shall never see disease. And if, thenceforward, instead of sinning, you pass your days in doing good deeds, then the angels of God shall write all your good deeds in the book of your body and of your spirit. I tell you truly, no good deed remains unwritten before God, not from the beginning of the world. For from your kings and your governors you may wait in vain for your reward, but never do your good deeds want their reward from God."

Finally, Jesus here condemns meat-eating as "eating of the body of death":

"It was said to them of old time, 'Honor thy Heavenly Father and thy Earthly Mother, and do their commandments, that thy days may be long upon the earth.' And next afterward was given this commandment, 'Thou shalt not kill,' for life is given to all by God, and that which God has given, let not man take away. For-I tell you truly, from one Mother proceeds all that lives upon the earth. Therefore, he who kills, kills his brother. And from him will the Earthly Mother turn away, and will pluck from him her quickening breasts. And he will be shunned by her angels, and Satan will have his dwelling in his body. And the flesh of slain beasts in his body will become his own tomb. For I tell you truly, he who kills, kills himself, and whoso eats the flesh of slain beasts, eats of the body of death. For in his blood every drop of their blood turns to poison; in his breath their breath to stink; in his flesh their flesh to boils; in his bones their bones to chalk; in his bowels their bowels t o decay; in his eyes their eyes to scales; in his ears their ears to waxy issue. And their death will become his death. For only in the service of your Heavenly Father are your debts of seven years forgiven in seven clays. But Satan forgives you nothing and you must pay him for all. 'Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot; burning for burning, wound for wound; life for life, death for death.' For the wages of sin is death. Kill not, neither eat the flesh of your innocent prey, lest you become the slaves of Satan. For that is the path of sufferings, and it leads unto death. But do the will of God, that his angels may serve you on the way of life. Obey, therefore, the words of God: 'Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to everything that creepeth upon th e earth, wherein there is breath of life, I give every green herb for meat.

Was Jesus a strict vegetarian?

Back to top Go down

Was Jesus a Strict Vegetarian? Empty Re: Was Jesus a Strict Vegetarian?

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:48 pm

not bothered wonder why you are really and why this thread is necessary

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:51 pm

VOD(original) wrote:not bothered wonder why you are really and why this thread is necessary

... It's a topic I find really interesting?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:54 pm

why ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:55 pm

That was a nice passage VOD - sounds more like Buddhist to me though! Yep I'd say without a doubt he was vegetarian, and we're seeing your bit in bold come true today - in other words folks, if you want to stay healthy, lay off those poxy slimeburgers!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:56 pm

VOD(original) wrote:why ?

... Why does anyone find anything interesting?

Tesstacious wrote:That was a nice passage VOD - sounds more like Buddhist to me though! Yep I'd say without a doubt he was vegetarian, and we're seeing your bit in bold come true today - in other words folks, if you want to stay healthy, lay off those poxy slimeburgers!

It does have a certain Eastern feeling to it, doesn't it.

Last edited by lovedust on Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:57 pm

lovedust wrote:
VOD(original) wrote:why ?

... Why does anyone find anything interesting?

Because.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:02 pm

I agree it sounded more Buddhist .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:03 pm

so is Jesus mentioned in Buddhism ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:07 pm

Jesus would have eaten fish , he fed the 5000 fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:10 pm

please state what scripture the passage comes from...thanks..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:21 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:please state what scripture the passage comes from...thanks..

From The Essene Gospels of Peace.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:22 pm

lovedust wrote:
Godisgoodallthetime wrote:please state what scripture the passage comes from...thanks..

From The Essene Gospels of Peace.

oh not the bible then...thanks...

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:37 pm

lovedust wrote:
VOD(original) wrote:not bothered wonder why you are really and why this thread is necessary

Good for you.

Are you a vegetarian Lovedust?

I tried it for a couple of months!
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:39 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
lovedust wrote:

Good for you.

I was for several years... I dislike the idea of eating animals, but now eat small amounts of meat.  

Last edited by lovedust on Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:43 pm

lovedust wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

Good for you.

I was for several years... I dislike the idea of eating animals, but eat now eat small amounts of meat.  

I know exactly what you mean.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:48 pm

VOD(original) wrote:Jesus would have eaten fish , he fed the 5000 fish
Doesn't mean he ate the fish...

Done a quick google, and it seems the first Christians were known as the Jewish Christians, and they were vegetarian. Can't spend any more time at the moment, got donkeys hollering for feed. Might do some later, it's interesting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:51 pm

Tesstacious wrote:

Done a quick google, and it seems the first Christians were known as the Jewish Christians, and they were vegetarian.  Can't spend any more time at the moment, got donkeys hollering for feed.  Might do some later, it's interesting.

would a vegetarian have fed others flesh...doubt it...

mind you its bull anyway as the veggie idea isn't even scriptural...lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:58 pm

Tesstacious wrote:

Done a quick google, and it seems the first Christians were known as the Jewish Christians, and they were vegetarian.  Can't spend any more time at the moment, got donkeys hollering for feed.  Might do some later, it's interesting.

There's an interesting comparison in the passage with the law of Moses:

"Then another said: "Moses, the greatest in Israel, suffered our forefathers to eat the flesh of clean beasts, and forbade only the flesh of unclean beasts. Why, therefore, do you forbid us the flesh of all beasts? Which law comes from God? That of Moses, or your law?"

And Jesus answered: "God gave, by Moses, ten commandments to your forefathers. 'These commandments are hard,' said your forefathers, and they could not keep them. When Moses saw this, he had compassion on his people, and would not that they perish. And then he gave them ten times ten commandments. For he whose feet are strong as the mountain of Zion, needs no crutches; but he whose limbs do shake, gets further having crutches, than without them. And Moses said to the Lord: 'My heart is filled with sorrow, for my people will be lost. For they are without knowledge, and are not able to understand thy commandments. They are as little children who cannot yet understand their father's words. Suffer, Lord, that I give them other laws, that they may not perish. if they may not be with thee, Lord, let them not be against thee; that they may sustain themselves, and when the time has come, and they are ripe for thy words, reveal to hem thy laws.' For that did Moses break the two tablets of s tone whereon were written the ten commandments, and he gave them ten times ten in their stead. And of these ten times ten the Scribes and Pharisees have made a hundred times ten commandments. And they have laid unbearable burdens on your shoulders, that they themselves do not carry. For the more nigh are the commandments to God, the less do we need; and the farther they are from God, then the more do we need. Wherefore are the laws of the Pharisees and Scribes innumerable; the laws of the Son of Man seven; of the angels three; and of God one.

"Therefore, I teach you only those laws which you can understand, that you may become men, and follow the seven laws of the Son of Man. Then will the unknown angels of the Heavenly Father also reveal their laws to you, that God's holy spirit may descend upon you, and lead you to his law."

And all were astonished at his wisdom, and asked him: "Continue, Master, and teach us all the laws which we can receive."

And Jesus continued: "God commanded your forefathers: 'Thou shalt not kill.' But their heart was hardened and they killed. Then Moses desired that at least they should not kill men, and he suffered them to kill beasts. And then the heart of your forefathers was hardened yet more, and they killed men and beasts likewise. But I do say to you: Kill neither men, nor beasts, nor yet the food which goes into your mouth. For if you eat living food, the same will quicken you, but if you kill your food, the dead food will kill you also. For life comes only from life, and from death comes always death. For everything which kills your foods, kills your bodies also. And everything which kills your bodies kills your souls also. And your bodies become what your foods are, even as your spirits, likewise, become what your thoughts are
."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:02 pm

Tesstacious wrote:

I think if he helped his disciples catch fish and fed the 5000 fish and bread he would have joined in the feast as he lifted it to heaven and blessed it .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:11 pm

Luke 24.41-43

41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?

42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.

43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:24 pm

VOD(original) wrote:Luke 24.41-43

41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?

42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.

43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

but that's from the bible they prefer the made up stuff that should have been in the bible..lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:47 pm

VOD(original) wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:

I think if he helped his disciples catch fish and fed the 5000 fish and bread he would have joined in the feast as he lifted it to heaven and blessed it .

Well. The New Testament was compiled several hundred years after Jesus' death, at which time many of the early Christians were declared "heretics". So it's possible the earliest followers of Jesus followed a somewhat different way of life to that proscribed in the NT.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:51 pm

lol your dates are out but hey if it seems to fit with what you want.... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:33 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:lol your dates are out but hey if it seems to fit with what you want.... Smile 

33AD - The year of Jesus' death, if the story of him starting his Ministry aged 30 and ministering for three years is correct

331AD - The year Constantine ordered Eusebius to compile the first Christian bible

331 - 33 = 298 years

298 years = Hundreds of years.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:39 pm

If you ask me, it would seem sort of 'nicer' if he was a veggie somehow.
I don't care though; Jesus doesn't interest me.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:52 pm

the first Christian bible... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:54 pm

lovedust wrote:
VOD(original) wrote:

Well. The New Testament was compiled several hundred years after Jesus' death, at which time many of the early Christians were declared "heretics". So it's possible the earliest followers of Jesus followed a somewhat different way of life to that proscribed in the NT.
Makes no difference whether he was vegetarian or not , i suspect he wasn't though he couldn't possibly be affected by eating anything he created  Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:55 pm

eddie wrote:If you ask me, it would seem sort of 'nicer' if he was a veggie somehow.
I don't care though; Jesus doesn't interest me.
Why not edds , what do you believe ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down