NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster could be an official religion in Poland

5 posters

Go down

Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster could be an official religion in Poland Empty Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster could be an official religion in Poland

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:36 am

The Worshipping of an invisible flying spaghetti monster may become an official religious practice in Poland, following a legal ruling.

The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (FSM) has been allowed to apply for registration as an official religion.

A Warsaw court has rejected a 2013 ruling by the Regional Administrative court, because it declared that the FSM could not have a two-month extension for submitting outstanding documents.

Followers of FSM are called “Pastafarians” .

During the court proceedings, Pastafarians gathered outside the court, loudly yelling “pasta” as the hearing took place.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/10757410/Pastafarianism-to-become-recognised-religion-in-Poland.html

Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster could be an official religion in Poland Touched_by_His_Noodly_Appendage

Last edited by Ben_Reilly on Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster could be an official religion in Poland Empty Re: Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster could be an official religion in Poland

Post by Eilzel Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:59 am

Hahahahahahaha although in fairness it says 'may become' and they have only been allowed to apply. Still, imagine, 100 years from Pastafarians becoming a protected minority and involved in serious religious debates  Laughing 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster could be an official religion in Poland Empty Re: Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster could be an official religion in Poland

Post by gerber Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:23 am

" , the group’s prayers finish with the word ‘ramen’, instead of ‘amen’, in tribute to the Japanese noodles."

A bit to Farfalled for me.

" A unique style of headwear was present during newly-seated Pomfret Town Council member Christopher Schaeffer’s oath of office Thursday afternoon, but it wasn’t intended to keep his head warm.

Schaeffer wore a colander (a strainer typically used to drain water from spaghetti) while Town Clerk Allison Dispense administered the oath of office to him before the board’s reorganizational meeting. When the OBSERVER asked afterward why he wore a colander on his head, Schaeffer said he was a minister with an even more unique organization – the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster."

Please look at link, unable to post photo.........

http://www.venganza.org/2014/01/pastafarian-minister-sworn-into-office/
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:24 am

Eilzel wrote:Hahahahahahaha although in fairness it says 'may become' and they have only been allowed to apply. Still, imagine, 100 years from Pastafarians becoming a protected minority and involved in serious religious debates  Laughing 

Pastafarians!!!! HAHAHAHAHA nice one les.  cheers 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:57 pm

Hmmm I may just have to switch over from Jedi.......serious moral ethical dilemma coming on......
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:11 pm

Thanks for pointing out the mistake, Les -- fixed the headline.

TBF, eddie, Pastafarians have been calling themselves that for years ...

The whole movement started when a U.S. school board decided to teach Creationism as science. A pissed-off science nerd (not me!) wrote a letter and started a movement demanding that the school board also cater to his religion, worship of the FSM:

The central creation myth is that an invisible and undetectable Flying Spaghetti Monster created the universe "after drinking heavily". According to these beliefs, the Monster's intoxication was the cause for a flawed Earth. Furthermore, according to Pastafarianism, all evidence for evolution was planted by the Flying Spaghetti Monster in an effort to test the faith of Pastafarians—parodying certain biblical literalists.[36] When scientific measurements such as radiocarbon dating are taken, the Flying Spaghetti Monster "is there changing the results with His Noodly Appendage".[7]

Afterlife

The Pastafarian conception of Heaven includes a beer volcano and a stripper factory.[35] The Pastafarian Hell is similar, except that the beer is stale and the strippers have sexually transmitted diseases.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:28 pm

I love pasta.
I am definitely going to join that religion  Cool 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:49 pm

eddie wrote:I love pasta.

Ramen (rah-MEN) Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:51 pm

I am up with beer part and the strippers too as long as they are men.....with no beer guts

This almost sounds too good to be true....wondering where the catch is...
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:52 pm

Did someone say beer guts???!!!

... nah, I won't do it this time Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:21 pm

Is it the Christian and white fan club of the late great and unforgettable Bob Marley ?
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:46 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Did someone say beer guts???!!!

... nah, I won't do it this time Smile

Praise the flying spaghetti monster x
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:00 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:I love pasta.

Ramen (rah-MEN) Smile

Groan  Rolling Eyes 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:21 pm

That spaghetti monster has big meatballs

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:39 pm

Nems wrote:That spaghetti monster has big meatballs

Hahahaha....why in the hail did I not think of that one....dammit....mind is going.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:25 pm

Cass wrote:
Nems wrote:That spaghetti monster has big meatballs

Hahahaha....why in the hail did I not think of that one....dammit....mind is going.

first thing I noticed which probably says something

Embarassed 

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:50 pm

Nems wrote:
Cass wrote:

Embarassed 

pale I'm having sausages in a minute.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:02 pm

eddie wrote:
Nems wrote:

Embarassed 

No meatballs?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:05 pm

Nems wrote:
eddie wrote:

No meatballs?

Thankfully, no.  pale 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:06 pm

We have just had chip shop sausage and chips made a nice change  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:49 pm

eddie wrote:
Nems wrote:

Embarassed 

And I am having a big fat cookie.....so nah nah nah nah nah
Just Shaddup already........sniff
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:50 pm

Nems wrote:
Cass wrote:

Embarassed 

Yes but I'm not quite sure what exactly.....perhaps trust you sums it up xx
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:30 pm

Cass wrote:
Nems wrote:

Embarassed 

Yes but I'm not quite sure what exactly.....perhaps trust you sums it up xx

I reckon

Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster could be an official religion in Poland Smiley-face-whistle-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down