NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

caught part of tv programme today about homeopathy..

3 posters

Go down

caught part of  tv programme today about homeopathy.. Empty caught part of tv programme today about homeopathy..

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:56 am

it was quite interesting as they debated whether the nhs should use money to supply alternative medicines, they all seemed pretty set against it but my main focus was on a caller who claimed she was given 6 -12 months to live without chemo and radiation treatments, she refused and used her own natural methods went back, i think it was 6 months later, to find she was pronounced clear of cancer and that was 5 years ago..

the thing that made me smile was the speed this caller, who had a fantastic story, was brushed aside and the next caller came on, it was like it was being swept under the carpet..

what do you think??

Back to top Go down

caught part of  tv programme today about homeopathy.. Empty Re: caught part of tv programme today about homeopathy..

Post by veya_victaous Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:06 pm

which specific alternate therapy do were they referring to?

I will see if clinical studies have been done  Sleep tomorrow it's nilly bed time Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

caught part of  tv programme today about homeopathy.. Empty Re: caught part of tv programme today about homeopathy..

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:18 pm

veya_victaous wrote:which specific alternate therapy do were they referring to?

I will see if clinical studies have been done  Sleep tomorrow it's nilly bed time Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep 

i wish I had recorded it but it was sort of on and gone, I know it included vit c but other than that i don't recall ..

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:26 pm

vitamin C does do a lot but i doubt it can cure cancer.

The point is GIG you really should have some due diligence when posting these things, It is dangerous for people to use some alternate therapies there are a lot a snake oil sales men that are after nothing but money so anything that wants to make medicinal claims should be thoroughly tested.

I am not sure of the state of the NHS does it provide for testing of the Pharmaceuticals it subsides? Our PBS (similar to NHS) does so IF something is a valid therapy it does get subsides (after jumping a few hops regarding need versus cost)
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:48 pm

veya_victaous wrote:vitamin C does do a lot but i doubt it can cure cancer.

The point is GIG you really should have some due diligence when posting these things, It is dangerous for people to use some alternate therapies there are a lot a snake oil sales men that are after nothing but money so anything that wants to make medicinal claims should be thoroughly tested.

I am not sure of the state of the NHS does it provide for testing of the Pharmaceuticals it subsides? Our PBS (similar to NHS) does so IF something is a valid therapy it does get subsides (after jumping a few hops regarding need versus cost)

hmm if i had posted about the flu drug that cost a fortune and didn't work would that be ok...

it cured her cancer, i have no reason to believe she would lie about having cancer and being cured she had nothing to gain from it, if you check the internet there are plenty of similar cases.. Smile 

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:48 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Godisgoodallthetime wrote:
it was quite interesting as they debated whether the nhs should use money to supply alternative medicines, they all seemed pretty set against it but my main focus was on a caller who claimed she was given 6 -12 months to live without chemo and radiation treatments, she refused and used her own natural methods went back, i think it was 6 months later, to find she was pronounced clear of cancer and that was 5 years ago..

the thing that made me smile was the speed this caller, who had a fantastic story, was brushed aside and the next caller came on, it was like it was being swept under the carpet..

what do you think??

cyclops  "HOMEOPATHY" is one of the biggest and most transparent loads of con-artist b/s going, among the alternative modalities...

SOME of the more "traditional" alternative therapies - such as much of the practices found in herbalism, massage, certain types of meditation, osteopathy, some kinesiology and acupressure ~ have been able to be proven as productive and useful adjuncts and followups, in many cases..  

"Homeopathy" hasn't..
 NOR have any of the other fake GIGATT/ADO "cancer cure" lies and false promises, posted all too often on here !

What DO I think of your usual rubbish-level un-scientific and low-standard posts, GIGATT ?

I think you're a know-nothing quack, as usual, GIG's ~ and way out of your depth in this subject, as usual..

"CANCER cures" through self-administered bullshite or superstions ~ only claimed through a bogus phone call to a bogus TV show , with no evidence, proof or identifying factors ???    
That's either somebody who is totally nuts, or else attempting her own con job..

YOU really are an arrogant fool, GIGATT, with your typical idiotic "swept under the carpet" suggestions.   Rolling Eyes

AND you're an even bigger gullible fool if you believe the "cancer cure" and "anti flu jabs" nonsense that has been flooding the internet and phone-in radio shows for several years ~ with NOT ONE piece of real world evidence being produced so far, to support or prove any of those fairytales and "urban myths"..

yet time and time again people have claimed it had cured them...do you think they are all not telling the truth, why would they when many have absolutely nothing to gain from it... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:01 am

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:vitamin C does do a lot but i doubt it can cure cancer.

hmm if i had posted about the flu drug that cost a fortune and didn't work would that be ok...

it cured her cancer, i have no reason to believe she would lie about having cancer and being cured she had nothing to gain from it, if you check the internet there are plenty of similar cases.. Smile 

well then your a fool if you don't think people lie about that stuff all the time.
has she taken into account all the things that could have contributed? did she get further testing to make sure she didn't get a false positive in the first place? hearsay is not fact.

And No if your a posting about a flu treatment (for starters it isn't as serious because it is only the flu) it would still be a case that you should be checking the facts.  Your not even linking this to a news article, so what we're supposed to debate something that you Claim to have vaguely saw on the TV but cant recall any on the critical details.

Why even bother posting this? you have contributed nothing.

And WE do test heaps of alternate therapies We are current testing 'Pet therapy', that is not therapy for pets but the affect on patients of having their own pets and/or a friendly animal around during treatment/recovery. So again be specific or your just posting rubbish, it is your opinion and your opinion on this is worthless because you don't even know which specific therapy your giving an opinion on.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:05 am

This isn't science, I'm moving the thread.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down