NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox One Announcement

5 posters

Go down

Xbox One Announcement Empty Xbox One Announcement

Post by veya_victaous Wed May 22, 2013 5:06 am

and its shit.

My god what a revolution I can use a gaming console that i have plugged into a television to watch TV!??!! what it comes with a remote?? thats Amazing..... said No one in the last 2 decades

Are all these marketing people that dumb seriously Sony just got Pwned for offering the PS4 (PS3+facebook+twitter) and now Xbox is making it a Xbox360 in an Old Acer case that you cant watch TV with? seriosuly how did the guy that suggested that Not get fired on the spot. It's not like either console is even close to PC games at the moment and neither console is even going to bring the new model up to par with Current Gaming PCs

http://www.news.com.au/technology/gaming/microsoft-unveils-next-generation-xbox-one/comments-e6frfrt9-1226647988621

Summary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KbWgUO-Rqcw#!
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Xbox One Announcement Empty Re: Xbox One Announcement

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 22, 2013 6:07 am

Nice to get your views on these consoles. I checked out a video about the PS4 and was hard pressed to think of anything I'd do with the new features, scanty as they are.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Wed May 22, 2013 2:25 pm

I haven't bought a gaming console since the Commodore VIC 20.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu May 23, 2013 1:38 am

The Irony is Because somehow both Sony and MS have me registered a tech professional and I normally give positive reviews, I actually get invites to a lot of these releases.
They should really get a new list of people if they are going to aim for a completely new market and alienate all their old one. Because Not a single person I know has positive things to say, honestly it is really hard to think of 1 positive thing about either of the new consoles. They literally filled the room with possibly the worst people to try to impress with medicore technology.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSchool Thu May 23, 2013 5:19 am

Sometimes I forget how old you are Lurker and then you go and talk about your Commodore. I didn't have the commodor, I had the Atari.

The Xbox ONE sounds awful from everything I've heard. I really hope they don't stop making Xbox360 games when the ONE comes out.

I love my Xbox360 (it also helps that I can buy games here in Cambodia for 2$ each; I would never be able to afford games in the US)
DrSchool
DrSchool
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat May 25, 2013 3:21 am

Found a pretty hilarious video about the XBox One announcement:

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon May 27, 2013 2:47 am

http://au.ign.com/videos/2013/05/22/ign-au-talks-xbox-one

this is a really good summary.
that Xbox 1 press release may well become a case study in what NOT to do.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by groomsy Mon May 27, 2013 3:57 am

i bought a ps3 for the GTA games and madden games, also use to stream off their browser for sports but they never update the flash so i dunno if i should buy a ps4, i use vizio co-star to stream stuff now
groomsy
groomsy
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSchool Mon May 27, 2013 10:36 am

Looking forward to the next gta
DrSchool
DrSchool
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 27, 2013 4:09 pm

I was highly disappointed with the most recent GTA, and I understand I'm kind of an outlier on this one, but it just made no sense to me that you'd be playing as a guy but not know about his past at the same time. Especially since there didn't seem to be any of the usual reasons for this provided in games -- you have amnesia or something. I hear the next title will have the same thing ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSchool Tue May 28, 2013 6:01 am

I made up my own past for him.
DrSchool
DrSchool
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSchool Tue May 28, 2013 6:03 am

To be honest though, id play an elder scrolls game before gta anyday. Im a total rpg nerd and am currently making an esl, classroom rpg.
DrSchool
DrSchool
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Xbox One Announcement Empty More Xbox1 details

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:56 am

"With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library. Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies. "

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/connected

So basically it will brick itself in 24 hours if your are offline. Every single thing they say about this box makes me want it less and less. Ohh and the Above is from the Microsofts own Advertising so even they can't make it sound more appealing.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSchool Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:30 am

I will never buy it. Sounds horrible.
DrSchool
DrSchool
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Xbox One Announcement Empty Sent to me under subject. "MS Blowing foot off"

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:07 am

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/pre-order-xbox-one/disclaimer

Xbox One Requirements:
• Requires broadband internet (ISP fees apply), a Microsoft account and an account on Xbox Live in an Xbox One-supported Xbox Live country/region, and 720p or higher HDMI-compatible TV. To receive live TV via broadcast or cable, supported receiver device (television tuner or cable/satellite set top box) with HDMI output and HDMI cable required (all sold separately).
• Additional subscriptions, internet speed and/or requirements apply for some features.
• Kinect Sensor for Xbox One (included) and periodic system software updates required for continued use; significant updates may be required during set-up and over time (ISP fees apply).
• Some games not transferable and have no resale value; restrictions on games usage apply.
• Games, Kinect and accessories made for Xbox 360 or original Xbox will not work with Xbox One.
• Xbox One system software uses a significant amount of storage; less internal storage will be available to users. 500 GB = 500 billion bytes.
• You must accept Xbox Terms of Use (including Xbox software terms and game license terms), Microsoft Services Agreement, and Xbox One 1-year limited warranty. Some games have additional license terms.
• Terms include binding arbitration with class action waiver to resolve disputes.
• Additional requirements will apply.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:09 am

@DR

HAHA
You cant anyway
MS says "Screw you" to all but this list of countries

Xbox One-Supported Xbox Live Countries
•Australia
•Austria
•Belgium
•Brazil
•Canada
•Denmark
•Finland
•France
•Germany
•Ireland
•Italy
•Mexico
•Netherlands
•New Zealand
•Norway
•Russia
•Spain
•Sweden
•Switzerland
•United Kingdom
•United States
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:58 am

veya_victaous wrote:and its shit.

My god what a revolution I can use a gaming console that i have plugged into a television to watch TV!??!! what it comes with a remote?? thats Amazing..... said No one in the last 2 decades

Are all these marketing people that dumb seriously Sony just got Pwned for offering the PS4 (PS3+facebook+twitter)  and now Xbox is making it a Xbox360 in an Old Acer case that you cant watch TV with? seriosuly how did the guy that suggested that Not get fired on  the spot.  It's not like either console is even close to PC games at the moment and neither console is even going to bring the new model up to par with Current Gaming PCs

http://www.news.com.au/technology/gaming/microsoft-unveils-next-generation-xbox-one/comments-e6frfrt9-1226647988621

Summary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KbWgUO-Rqcw#!

Having had one since a week after launch, I can confirm that it's pretty damn good.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:49 pm

@Andy
really  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect 
my mate that bought one is spewing he didn't buy a PC instead.

I have my gaming rig setup so I can grab a wireless controller and sit back on the couch to play console ported titles. or sit in front and play keyboard and mouse proper gaming  Razz Razz 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:46 pm

veya_victaous wrote:The Irony is Because somehow both Sony and MS have me registered a tech professional and I normally give positive reviews, I actually get invites to a lot of these releases.
They should really get a new list of people if they are going to aim for a completely new market and alienate all their old one. Because Not a single person I know has positive things to say, honestly it is really hard to think of 1 positive thing about either of the new consoles. They literally filled the room with possibly the worst people to try to impress with medicore technology.

A tech professional?

You clean the toilets at both Microsoft AND Sony??

What a legend

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:54 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:The Irony is Because somehow both Sony and MS have me registered a tech professional and I normally give positive reviews, I actually get invites to a lot of these releases.

A tech professional?

You clean the toilets at both Microsoft AND Sony??

What a legend

Yes Smelly Thats why I get invited to Presentations  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes nothing to do with mulitmillion dollar projects I support. I have never worked for either company and While I have an Idea why MS has me regisetered (being involved with the largest Win7 rollout in the southern Hemisphere most likely  Smile ) the only reason I could see Sony having is that MS have me on their list.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down