NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Osborne's best man's hedge fund made £36 million profit on Royal Mail

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Osborne's best man's hedge fund made £36 million profit on Royal Mail - Page 2 Empty Osborne's best man's hedge fund made £36 million profit on Royal Mail

Post by Irn Bru Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:53 am

First topic message reminder :

George Osborne’s best man heads up a hedge fund which has secured profits of £36m from the privatisation of Royal Mail in under six months — £210,000 for each day since the sale in October last year.

The chancellor’s university friend Peter Davies sits on the management committee of Lansdowne Partners, which snapped up shares at the offer price of just 330p. They are now trading at 564p — a whopping 70% higher.

The government has been slammed today by the National Audit Office for an under-priced sale which saw City firms walk off with two-thirds of the public asset while 40,000 ordinary individual investors were excluded:

http://politicalscrapbook.net/2014/04/osborne-best-mans-hedge-fund-made-36m-profit-on-royal-mail/?utm_source=politicalscrapbook.net&utm_medium=psbook_featt&utm_campaign=psbook_featt1

What a disgusting shower this lot in government are. So much for Ossborne telling us that we are all in this together.

Nothing more than a bunch of chancers and professional robbers who don't even have the decency to wear masks.

Get them out.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Osborne's best man's hedge fund made £36 million profit on Royal Mail - Page 2 Empty Re: Osborne's best man's hedge fund made £36 million profit on Royal Mail

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:03 pm

Plus let's not forget that labour got the legislation for the sale passing the House of Lords too!!!!!!

Funny that they would do that if they never really wanted to sell it!!!!!!

You jokers!

Laughing

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Osborne's best man's hedge fund made £36 million profit on Royal Mail - Page 2 Empty Re: Osborne's best man's hedge fund made £36 million profit on Royal Mail

Post by Irn Bru Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:37 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Plus let's not forget that labour got the legislation for the sale passing the House of Lords too!!!!!!

Funny that they would do that if they never really wanted to sell it!!!!!!

You jokers!

Laughing

What legislation did they get through the HoL Tommy?

Got the answers previously asked for yer?

Started off as a certainty then it was watered down to just your opinion and then watered down even more to a 'probably'

Keep digging Laughing

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:51 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:
Come off it!
What selective memories you lefties have!
Do you really think a guardian link is proof of anything?
The sell off by labour was planned as far back as 2000 when they brought in the postal services act 2000, created 50,000 or So shares and changed the name to Consignia, this was all done to facilitate the sale!
"...The recommendations in the Hooper Review led Business Secretary Lord Mandelson to seek to part privatise the company by selling a minority stake to a commercial partner. However despite legislation for the sale passing the House of Lords, it was abandoned in the House of Commons after strong opposition from backbench Labour MPs. The government later cited the difficult economic conditions for the reason behind the retreat..."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Mail
And....
"...The year 2001 was an annus horribilis for the UK’s postal service. In January, the business became a laughing stock when it announced a change of name from the Post Office, which had served it well since 1635, to Consignia. To consign, it said, meant “to entrust to the care of”. The name was pilloried.
The business was heading into a financial crisis that threatened to consume it. When results for the year to March 2002 were published, they showed losses before tax had soared to £1.1bn. At the same time, the Department for Trade and Industry hit upon the idea of trying to sell the company to the Dutch postal service, TPG. Talks went on secretly for months, during which time Patricia Hewitt succeeded Stephen Byers as trade and industry secretary in Tony Blair’s Labour government.
Allan Leighton, who had joined the board in April (later to become chairman), said the talks were “shambolic because none of the numbers were right . . . So I said there’s no way this transaction would ever happen”. The government finally came to the same conclusion.
Lord Mandelson
Labour’s most serious effort to part-privatise Royal Mail occurred under Peter Mandelson, who had joined Gordon Brown’s government as business secretary. He tried to legislate to sell a 30 per cent stake, based on an independent review by Richard Hooper, which recommended that an outside investor, preferably with postal expertise, be brought in.
Lord Mandelson was forced to shelve the effort in July 2009. He blamed adverse market conditions, but he also faced a mass revolt by Labour backbenchers in the Commons, influenced by the Communication Workers Union, which was deeply opposed to privatisation.
An auction of potential bidders was conducted at the same time, but in the end only CVC Capital Partners, a London-based private equity group, was in the frame, with a bid that fell short of what ministers were seeking. TNT, the Dutch postal business, lost interest as it focused on its own restructuring, and Germany’s Deutsche Post withdrew..."
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/4af1e6d8-1bb8-11e3-b678-00144feab7de.html
Know your history!
Smile
Just for clarity.

Maybe you should try reading this......

And I said that labour would have probably tried to sell it again given the chance.

Are you still trying to deny that labour planned to sell royal mail going back years???As I said????? And proved!!!!

Stop being a twat now please, you are embarrassing yourself and I'm getting bored with your idiocy.

Your continued denials show that you need psychiatric help!

Smile

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:56 pm

Good lord Tommy, you still making a twat of yourself?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:39 pm

Unbelievable..... you need help!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:14 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:
Come off it!
What selective memories you lefties have!
Do you really think a guardian link is proof of anything?
The sell off by labour was planned as far back as 2000 when they brought in the postal services act 2000, created 50,000 or So shares and changed the name to Consignia, this was all done to facilitate the sale!
"...The recommendations in the Hooper Review led Business Secretary Lord Mandelson to seek to part privatise the company by selling a minority stake to a commercial partner. However despite legislation for the sale passing the House of Lords, it was abandoned in the House of Commons after strong opposition from backbench Labour MPs. The government later cited the difficult economic conditions for the reason behind the retreat..."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Mail
And....
"...The year 2001 was an annus horribilis for the UK’s postal service. In January, the business became a laughing stock when it announced a change of name from the Post Office, which had served it well since 1635, to Consignia. To consign, it said, meant “to entrust to the care of”. The name was pilloried.
The business was heading into a financial crisis that threatened to consume it. When results for the year to March 2002 were published, they showed losses before tax had soared to £1.1bn. At the same time, the Department for Trade and Industry hit upon the idea of trying to sell the company to the Dutch postal service, TPG. Talks went on secretly for months, during which time Patricia Hewitt succeeded Stephen Byers as trade and industry secretary in Tony Blair’s Labour government.
Allan Leighton, who had joined the board in April (later to become chairman), said the talks were “shambolic because none of the numbers were right . . . So I said there’s no way this transaction would ever happen”. The government finally came to the same conclusion.
Lord Mandelson
Labour’s most serious effort to part-privatise Royal Mail occurred under Peter Mandelson, who had joined Gordon Brown’s government as business secretary. He tried to legislate to sell a 30 per cent stake, based on an independent review by Richard Hooper, which recommended that an outside investor, preferably with postal expertise, be brought in.
Lord Mandelson was forced to shelve the effort in July 2009. He blamed adverse market conditions, but he also faced a mass revolt by Labour backbenchers in the Commons, influenced by the Communication Workers Union, which was deeply opposed to privatisation.
An auction of potential bidders was conducted at the same time, but in the end only CVC Capital Partners, a London-based private equity group, was in the frame, with a bid that fell short of what ministers were seeking. TNT, the Dutch postal business, lost interest as it focused on its own restructuring, and Germany’s Deutsche Post withdrew..."
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/4af1e6d8-1bb8-11e3-b678-00144feab7de.html
Know your history!
Smile
Just for clarity.

Maybe you should try reading this......

And I said that labour would have probably tried to sell it again given the chance.

Are you still trying to deny that labour planned to sell royal mail going back years???As I said????? And proved!!!!

Stop being a twat now please, you are embarrassing yourself and I'm getting bored with your idiocy.

Your continued denials show that you need psychiatric help!

Smile

Tommy, what was the share price set at?

When was the sale due to take place?

What legislation was put through the HoL?

What happened to the 50,000 shares and why were they created?

You have been watering down your original claims bit by bit from what you were saying was definite to just your opinion and later as just a probability.

It's the back pedal boogie but it ain't working and answers are required to support your claims or else you are shown to be nothing more than a chancer who is making it up as you go along.

So come on - what's the answers?

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:43 am

Unbelievable!

I have provided irrefutable evidence that labour had planned to sell royal mail as far back as 2000 but you still keep going with your bullshit!

This is like me saying that water is wet and you saying it isn't.....!

Give it up now son, man up and know your history!

Smile

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:47 am

What irrefutable evidence? Come on, I mean it, what share price, what legislation, when was it proposed by the government, etc etc. It was discussed, the majority of the Labour Party didn't like it, it was dropped.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:49 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Unbelievable!

I have provided irrefutable evidence that labour had planned to sell royal mail as far back as 2000 but you still keep going with your bullshit!

This is like me saying that water is wet and you saying it isn't.....!

Give it up now son, man up and know your history!

Smile

I know my history and I know you don't because you can't even say when this sale was due to take place or what the share price was set at or what legislation was put through the HoL And now it's all just your opinion and just a probablity - not a fact Laughing

Why were the 50,000 shares created? You said you know about company structures so you should have that information off the top of your head.

Come on then,,,,,,,,,,,,

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:06 am

Sassy wrote:What irrefutable evidence?   Come on, I mean it, what share price, what legislation, when was it proposed by the government, etc etc.   It was discussed, the majority of the Labour Party didn't like it, it was dropped.

No answers just ranting away that it's his opiniom and nothing more than a probability - his words.

Mandy had some discussions but the Labour party told him to 'do one' and he did.

Correct decision which I'm sure that Tommy would agree with
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:09 am

His posts are always finished in typical RW style...

No answer and not-very-good -smugness!! Laughing

But he isn't too abusive , I'll give him that!..nice one Matty!Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:11 am

Joy Division wrote:His posts are always finished in typical RW style...

No answer and not-very-good -smugness!! Laughing

But he isn't too abusive , I'll give him that!..nice one Matty!Smile

Hi there JD. I'm just clocking off now but tomorrow is another day and a new dawn Laughing

Catch you later
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:48 am

Try reading the links I provided from the financial times and Wikipedia.....I

I'm done here, your level of denial has gone into farce.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2