NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horrible Hanoi human rights record once again making refugees of Vietnamese

4 posters

Go down

Horrible Hanoi human rights record once again making refugees of Vietnamese Empty Horrible Hanoi human rights record once again making refugees of Vietnamese

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 10, 2013 6:27 pm

HANOI, Vietnam (AP) -- Nearly 40 years after hundreds of thousands of Vietnamese fled the country's Communist regime by boat, a growing number are taking to the water again.
This year alone, 460 Vietnamese men, women and children have arrived on Australian shores — more than in the last five years combined. The unexpected spike is drawing fresh scrutiny of Hanoi's deteriorating human rights record, though Vietnam's flagging economy may also explain why migrants have been making the risky journey.

http://news.yahoo.com/40-years-fleeing-vietnamese-seas-151112434.html
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Horrible Hanoi human rights record once again making refugees of Vietnamese Empty Re: Horrible Hanoi human rights record once again making refugees of Vietnamese

Post by DrSchool Sun May 12, 2013 8:37 pm

Indonesia and Philippines are closer, why not go there instead?

DrSchool
DrSchool
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Horrible Hanoi human rights record once again making refugees of Vietnamese Empty Re: Horrible Hanoi human rights record once again making refugees of Vietnamese

Post by veya_victaous Mon May 13, 2013 5:17 am

@dr
we got jobs, security and lifestyle.
we get people on boats all the way from Sri Lanka seeking refugee status.
if you were getting paid a pittance wouldn't you like to move to country where the minimum you will be paid is over 4 times what an American worker gets? Free Health care, Free Education, Got no job we'll give $200 a week to help you get by. (and our money is worth as much as the US$)

as an island at the ass end of the world it is suprising how many make it here and yes everywhere but New Zealand is closer to Indonesia. Ironically we sometimes get refugees that were aiming for New Zealand but wash up on our shores instead, because New Zeland is one of the few places that can match Australia for 'ease of life'. technically neither of use should get refugees unless we get them from each other because every other nation is closer to someone else.

Last edited by veya_victaous on Mon May 13, 2013 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : info)
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSchool Mon May 13, 2013 9:45 am

but I thought it was extremely difficult to get immigrant status there? NZ being even more difficult.
DrSchool
DrSchool
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue May 14, 2013 1:02 am

easier than the USA.
it takes a while but many still end up getting it.
the problem is the fact that True Refugees should go to the closest safe haven, so ones that have by passed multipule to end up here often are not true refugees. Plus terrorists and 'politics of fear' that both parties engage in has left us with a pretty tight system.

And all that good stuff has to be paid for and although we are a large nation we have a small population(NZ even smaller) and like any economy can only afford to have a portion of it unengaged. Refugees and new migrants in general will be unengaged when they first arrive so we can only accept so many at a time.

Also Migration difficulty varies depending on where you're from, We're still part of the British Commonwealth so a lot easier from other Commonwealth nations.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSchool Thu May 16, 2013 2:10 am

so If I wanted to change my citizenship to Australian, would it be easy? How about if I just wanted to live there the rest of my life, but don't care about citizenship? How easy is immigration for evil Americans?
DrSchool
DrSchool
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu May 16, 2013 3:16 am

it depends what sort of migrant?
illegal entry Refugee
UN camp Refugee
Student
Permanent Resident (PR)
Citizen

For Americans it is a case of do they have money they are going to PR or Citizen, Basically for PR (for anybody) you need Money or Skills, one way is to get a Student Visa do a degree in a field that is on the desired skills list. then apply for your PR. They guy next to me at work did to get here from India and has been here on a PR for 5 years and has recently got his citizenship.

Refugee is a bit different as we are talking about people in Need, ones from UN camps come easy enough once all the UN stuff is done ( i know that still takes forever) illegals get detained and processed should take 6 months but we have cases lasting years (grey area, not sure if legit since not folowed UN process)

and I meant eaiser than getting into the USA, it is hard even for Aussies with money to get working Visas.

So for your self(assuming u r not refugee) it would depend where you are currently a citizen, if your skills are needed in our economy and if you had enough money to support yourself while you resettle. You would go for a PR first then after 5 years you are eligible for citizenship. there are still intake limits so thats why it can take a while if you missed this intake you need to wait for the next one.

its not too hard there are a lot of immigirints here, in my work team for example (In at work now) there are 14 people, 3 are born in India but 2 r now citizens one has their PR, 3 are from Philippines all are now citizens here, 1 texan that has got a PR, 1 from Uraguay now citizen, 1 saudi arabian with PR, 5 Aussie borns but 3 are 1st generation (me) half french, one italian, one half chinese half scottish. In Sydney this is pretty normal (most cities) but country towns are pretty much all white anglo aussies.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSchool Thu May 16, 2013 3:28 am

I feel like I'm a refugee because my country's govt is a steaming pile of shit that violates human rights all over the world and treats its citizens like they're all in special ed.

I don't have a lot of money, and my skills are not so high in demand (linguistics, education leadership, and LED lighting).
DrSchool
DrSchool
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by kmazz Fri May 31, 2013 12:15 am

@dr:

Fvck it, will just put it out there, 1% of Americans are in jail right this second. That is 1 in every 100. The highest percentage in the world. If that is not enough to get someone a refugee status in AU/NZ, then I don't know what will.

kmazz
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri May 31, 2013 5:22 am

@kmazz
No only if they are threatened with Death,
We do take refugees from the US when they have an outstanding Death penalty sentence. recently we had one how was a wife murderer we only agreed to send him back for trial once we were assured he would not recieve the death penalty.

Blanket Rule: we don't send people to executions , we will keep you forever in our prisons instead if we have to.

AND NO
USA is not on par with Cambodia. Personally I'd give a Cambodians a lot of leeway in their applications.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down