NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Druids

+6
Lone Wolf
groomsy
veya_victaous
Stephenmarra
Irn Bru
gerber
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Druids Empty Druids

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:30 pm

....They are a bit strange...Yes?

://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: 

Back to top Go down

Druids Empty Re: Druids

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:35 pm

strange maybe....but not a queer as you...

and thats just a pussy slap...careful what you wish for.....

I'm not homophobic...but by god I'm getting more philophobic by the day........

and I WILL use your weaknesses to hurt you if thats what you want....

back off.....

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:40 pm

And now far more wealthy

" Druids have been regarded indulgently as a curious remnant of Britain’s ancient past, a bunch of eccentrics who annually dress up in strange robes at Stonehenge to celebrate the summer solstice. 
However, according to the Charity Commission, they are to be recognised as a religion and, as a result, afforded charitable status, with the tax exemptions and other advantages that follow.
After a four-year campaign, the Commission says it accepts that the Druids worship nature and that they also believe in the spirits of places such as mountains and rivers, as well as in ‘divine guides’.

Druids Article-1317490-03B2171E0000044D-810_468x286
A curious remnant of Britain's ancient past or new age religion? A druid marks the solstice at Stonehenge

This, apparently, makes them qualify as a religion.
Can it be long before the BBC transmits Stones Of Praise, or solemnly invites listeners to Radio 4’s Thought For The Day to genuflect to a tree?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1317490/Druids-official-religion-Stones-Praise-come.html#ixzz2x7CeveVX 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:40 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:strange maybe....but not a queer as you...

back off.....

Some people love multiculturalism, some don't...Some people love fancy dress parties, some don't.

It's a free forum FFS! ...Get over it!

lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:50 pm

Druids BritDruidSM

British use of the Fylfot (Swastika) in the early 20th century

The druids in the mid 1920s adorned their dress with swastikas. Detailed in the 2004 documentary 'The Occult History of the Third Reich'.

.....So why was that then?

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:54 pm

Have I set the cat amongst the pigeons, if so I apologize wholeheartedly and without rancour
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:54 pm

because the swastika is an ancient (very ancient) occult symbol,

The swastika (卐) (Sanskrit: स्वस्तिक) is a symbol that generally takes the form of an equilateral cross, with its four arms bent at 90 degrees. The earliest archaeological evidence of swastika-shaped is that each arm represents the processional equinox and solstice around the pole start.[citation needed] Swastikas have been used in various other ancient civilizations around the world including Turkic, India, Iran, Armenia, Nepal, China, Japan, Korea and Europe. It remains widely used in Indian religions, specifically in Buddhism, Hinduism, and Jainism, primarily as a tantric symbol that invokes Lakshmi - the Vedic goddess of wealth, prosperity and auspiciousness.
The word "swastika" comes from the Sanskrit svastika - "su" (meaning "good" or "auspicious") combined with "asti" (meaning "it is"), along with the diminutive suffix "ka." The swastika literally means "it is good." It is a common practice for Hindus to draw Swastika symbols on the doors and entrances to their houses during festivals, which is believed to symbolize an invitation to goddess Lakshmi.[1] The name "sauwastika" is sometimes given to the left-facing arms symbol, which is a mirror image of swastika (卍).[2]
The symbol has a long history in Europe reaching back to antiquity. In modern times, following a brief surge of popularity as a good luck symbol in Western culture, a swastika was adopted as a symbol of the Nazi Party of Germany in 1920, who used the swastika as a symbol of the Aryan race. After Adolf Hitler came to power in 1933, a right-facing 45° rotated swastika was incorporated into the flag of the Nazi Party, which was made the state flag of Germany during the Nazi era. Hence in many western countries the swastika is stigmatized as being associated with Nazism and related concepts like antisemitism, hatred, violence, death, and murder.[3] Notably, the swastika has been outlawed in Germany and other countries if used as a symbol of Nazism in certain instances. Many modern white nationalist and Neo-Nazi groups such as the Russian National Unity use stylized swastikas or similar symbols.

from wiki....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:55 pm

Are druids related to the Klu Klux Clan?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:56 pm

The swastika was around long before the Nazi's Phil.

The Oldest Known Symbol
The swastika is an ancient symbol that has been used for over 3,000 years. (That even predates the ancient Egyptian symbol, the Ankh!) Artifacts such as pottery and coins from ancient Troy show that the swastika was a commonly used symbol as far back as 1000 BCE.

During the following thousand years, the image of the swastika was used by many cultures around the world, including in China, Japan, India, and southern Europe. By the Middle Ages, the swastika was a well known, if not commonly used, symbol but was called by many different names:

China - wan
   England - fylfot
   Germany - Hakenkreuz
   Greece - tetraskelion and gammadion
   India - swastika

Though it is not known for exactly how long, Native Americans also have long used the symbol of the swastika.

Paganism is the fastest growing spiritual group in the UK.   And I say spiritual, because you don't have to believe in God to be a pagan.   In fact, I have been drawn to it for quite some time, because it is not God based, or Church based, it is more about the spiritual side of you nature.    I'm reading quite a lot about it at the moment.

Last edited by Sassy on Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:56 pm

catman is pushing his luck, and trying and failing to be sly....

my reply 2nd post down stands....

I am not the laidback easy going victor of old....he and didge have seen to that......

I can have a very dark side when pushed too far.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:58 pm

Catman wrote:Are druids related to the Klu Klux Clan?
no more than hopenothate are related to Pol Pot or stalin......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:59 pm

Not in any way at all.   Many religions have white robes.   Now Phil, you hate it if someone has a go about homosexuals, what makes it all right to take the mick out of Victor's spiritualism?

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:03 am

Sassy you have beaten me to it.

The Nazis adopted it for a better word and now it always linked with them wrongly maybe......
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:04 am

Sassy wrote:

Not in any way at all.   Many religions have white robes.   Now Phil, you hate it if someone has a go about homosexuals, what makes it all right to take the mick out of Victor's spiritualism?

Well they dress like the Klu Klux Clan, and Victor seems to hate Multiculturalism, so i put two and two together, and made five i would suppose....My bad....So sorry!  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:06 am

Sassy wrote:

He disagrees with the rainbow flag being flown on Saturday, to celebrate gay marriages as well!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:12 am

Catman wrote:
Sassy wrote:

He disagrees with the rainbow flag being flown on Saturday, to celebrate gay marriages as well!

be careful with your lies phil....i'm warning you......

you seem to be making a lot of "mistakes" recently, all of them i'm "sure" are totally innocent.......NOT....

have you been at the bottle again...or are you getting punch drunk???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:16 am

victorisnotamused wrote:
Catman wrote:

be careful with your lies phil....i'm warning you......

you seem to be making a lot of "mistakes" recently, all of them i'm "sure" are totally innocent.......NOT....

have you been at the bottle again...or are you getting punch drunk???

Thank you

Re: Deputy Prime Minister orders rainbow flag to be flown from Whitehall to celebrate first same-sex weddings

Post by victorisnotamused Yesterday at 3:49 pm
Yeah yeah...but try flying the union flag from your home.....or even the cross of St George.....

victorisnotamused

View user profile Send private message

....Must have took that the wrong way then, sorry then, i apologise.  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:19 am

Catman wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Well they dress like the Klu Klux Clan, and Victor seems to hate Multiculturalism, so i put two and two together, and made five i would suppose....My bad....So sorry!  Laughing 

I think you made 20 rather than 5. Glad you realise it was a mistake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:22 am

Sassy wrote:
Catman wrote:

I think you made 20 rather than 5.   Glad you realise it was a mistake.

Yes...He loves multiculturalism, so apologies again!  ::D:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:24 am

Catman wrote:
Sassy wrote:

I think you made 20 rather than 5.   Glad you realise it was a mistake.

I wouldn't go that far, I think Victor would admit to not being a fan  lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:26 am

Sassy wrote:
Catman wrote:

I wouldn't go that far, I think Victor would admit to not being a fan  lol! 

Ha! Ha!

xxx  Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:27 am

I would be...if it were wholy equitable.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:29 am

Oh Victor, it is certainly a lot more equitable than you think it is. I just wish someone would drag you to live with a muslim family for a couple of weeks so you could understand just how friendly and hospitable the huge majority are.

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:33 am

Catman wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Actually for the record so do I.  Not for why but where it is to be flown..............  It is without precedence and is sting the standard for other minority flags to have centre stage.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:35 am

Sassy wrote:Oh Victor, it is certainly a lot more equitable than you think it is.   I just wish someone would drag you to live with a muslim family for a couple of weeks so you could understand just how friendly and hospitable the huge majority are.

David Cameron did that. Here's his report...

What I learnt from my stay with a Muslim family

The latter part...

Here the picture is bleak: family breakdown, drugs, crime and incivility are part of the normal experience of modern Britain. Many British Asians see a society that hardly inspires them to integrate. Indeed, they see aspects of modern Britain which are a threat to the values they hold dear - values which we should all hold dear. Asian families and communities are incredibly strong and cohesive, and have a sense of civic responsibility which puts the rest of us to shame. Not for the first time, I found myself thinking that it is mainstream Britain which needs to integrate more with the British Asian way of life, not the other way around.

Saying goodbye to Abdullah I was given gifts of T-shirts, shoes and a traditional robe which he said would be perfect for any visit to Pakistan. It's another reminder that integration is a two-way street. If we want to remind ourselves of British values - hospitality, tolerance and generosity to name just three - there are plenty of British Muslims ready to show us what those things really mean.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2007/may/13/comment.communities

Amazing Huh
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:38 am

Yep, and that has been my experience every time.   When I came back from Tunisia they insisted on giving me a beautiful carpet.   I'll change my avatar to a pic of Benny when he was a puppy laying on it.   I chucked all my clothes out of the suitcase and gave them away to get the carpet in!

EDIT, HAD TO PUT ONE OF MY DOG THAT DIED, BUT THAT IS THE CARPET IN FRONT OF THE SETTEE.

Last edited by Sassy on Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:41 am

victorisnotamused wrote:because the swastika is an ancient (very ancient) occult symbol,

The swastika (卐) (Sanskrit: स्वस्तिक) is a symbol that generally takes the form of an equilateral cross, with its four arms bent at 90 degrees. The earliest archaeological evidence of swastika-shaped is that each arm represents the processional equinox and solstice around the pole start.[citation needed] Swastikas have been used in various other ancient civilizations around the world including Turkic, India, Iran, Armenia, Nepal, China, Japan, Korea and Europe. It remains widely used in Indian religions, specifically in Buddhism, Hinduism, and Jainism, primarily as a tantric symbol that invokes Lakshmi - the Vedic goddess of wealth, prosperity and auspiciousness.
The word "swastika" comes from the Sanskrit svastika - "su" (meaning "good" or "auspicious") combined with "asti" (meaning "it is"), along with the diminutive suffix "ka." The swastika literally means "it is good." It is a common practice for Hindus to draw Swastika symbols on the doors and entrances to their houses during festivals, which is believed to symbolize an invitation to goddess Lakshmi.[1] The name "sauwastika" is sometimes given to the left-facing arms symbol, which is a mirror image of swastika (卍).[2]
The symbol has a long history in Europe reaching back to antiquity. In modern times, following a brief surge of popularity as a good luck symbol in Western culture, a swastika was adopted as a symbol of the Nazi Party of Germany in 1920, who used the swastika as a symbol of the Aryan race. After Adolf Hitler came to power in 1933, a right-facing 45° rotated swastika was incorporated into the flag of the Nazi Party, which was made the state flag of Germany during the Nazi era. Hence in many western countries the swastika is stigmatized as being associated with Nazism and related concepts like antisemitism, hatred, violence, death, and murder.[3] Notably, the swastika has been outlawed in Germany and other countries if used as a symbol of Nazism in certain instances. Many modern white nationalist and Neo-Nazi groups such as the Russian National Unity use stylized swastikas or similar symbols.

from wiki....

I've actually learned something tonight,  I thought it was exclusively a  Buddhist thing.
Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:43 am

Sassy wrote:Oh Victor, it is certainly a lot more equitable than you think it is.   I just wish someone would drag you to live with a muslim family for a couple of weeks so you could understand just how friendly and hospitable the huge majority are.

is it???

remember what choudrey and his gang did at christmas, harassing and disrupting...and the very low level of press coverage and no action taken....

what would have happened if the EDL had done the same thing outside a mosque during EID or whatever.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:45 am

gerber wrote:
Catman wrote:

Actually for the record so do I.  Not for why but where it is to be flown..............  It is without precedence and is sting the standard for other minority flags to have centre stage.

Same sex marriage will be an historical moment!  cheers 

In future years, the people will not understand why it was never allowed in the first place!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:48 am

Irn Bru wrote:

David Cameron did that. Here's his report...

What I learnt from my stay with a Muslim family

The latter part...

Here the picture is bleak: family breakdown, drugs, crime and incivility are part of the normal experience of modern Britain. Many British Asians see a society that hardly inspires them to integrate. Indeed, they see aspects of modern Britain which are a threat to the values they hold dear - values which we should all hold dear. Asian families and communities are incredibly strong and cohesive, and have a sense of civic responsibility which puts the rest of us to shame. Not for the first time, I found myself thinking that it is mainstream Britain which needs to integrate more with the British Asian way of life, not the other way around.

Saying goodbye to Abdullah I was given gifts of T-shirts, shoes and a traditional robe which he said would be perfect for any visit to Pakistan. It's another reminder that integration is a two-way street. If we want to remind ourselves of British values - hospitality, tolerance and generosity to name just three - there are plenty of British Muslims ready to show us what those things really mean.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2007/may/13/comment.communities

Amazing Huh

yeah well if him and his past cronies (and I include nu liebour in that not a pigs prick between them) had done what was right for the people and country instead of what was right for their pockets AND if the interfering lefty progressives had not wiped away all parental responsibility and rights, and destroyed all hope of discipline then perhaps we should still have those values...If between them they hadnt turned young men and women into "children" and taken all responsibility for their own lives and interactions from them untill suddenly dropping it on them at 18 then perhaps we should still have those values.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:52 am

::dunno::   ::hdintowll:: ::d&f:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:54 am

Catman wrote:
gerber wrote:

In future years, the people will not understand why it was never allowed in the first place!

The rainbow flag is the emblem of  movement, not a country.............  hence my objection.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:54 am

Catman wrote:Druids BritDruidSM

The druids in the mid 1920s adorned their dress with swastikas. Detailed in the 2004 documentary 'The Occult History of the Third Reich'.

the swastika predate the Nazis by thousands of years, it is FACT the Nazi co opted it because of it prevalence in so many religions.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:05 am

erm...we had cohesive communities...I can remember them, streets worked together and looked after their own...

villages the same...it was our job as kids to check every old persons house on the way to the school bus to make sure the milk and papers had been taken in...it was EVEN a valid reason to be late for school if you had to get an adult to find out why not , or call from the phone box and wait for the bobby....
at 11, you were expected to be able to speak at village meetings (if you were involved in things)
at 11 (if you were physically capable) you were allowed to learn to drive tractors in and around the farm areas under supervision
at 12 you were allowed to drive tractors unsupervised in the fields
at 13 you were expected to be able to handle livestock
at 14 you could hold a driving licence for a tractor and trailer..

at 14 you could hold a licence for, and use unsupervised, a shot gun

at 15 if you wern't shagging anything remotely human, female and warm like a demented tom cat people wondered why

and at 16 you were expected to no longer address people whom you respected as MR whatever, and use their first names instead....at 16 you were, regardless of any law to the contrary, accepted as an adult and expected to behave as one...in your communtity.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:05 am

gerber wrote:
Catman wrote:

The rainbow flag is the emblem of  movement, not a country.............  hence my objection.

Why shouldn't a movement not be celebrated?

You like having the vote don't you?

If there was a flag for the suffragettes, at the time, do you think that, such a flag should have been flown to celebrate that fact?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:07 am

mine wasnt even an objection...merely a comment on the selective idiocy of local govt when it comes to this sort of thing....

Back to top Go down

Post by groomsy Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:15 am

this is all i can think of when you mention druids

groomsy
groomsy
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:18 am

victorisnotamused wrote:erm...we had cohesive communities...I can remember them, streets worked together and looked after their own...

villages the same...it was our job as kids to check every old persons house on the way to the school bus to make sure the milk and papers had been taken in...it was EVEN a valid reason to be late for school if you had to get an adult to find out why not , or call from the phone box and wait for the bobby....
at 11, you were expected to be able to speak at village meetings (if you were involved in things)
at 11 (if you were physically capable) you were allowed to learn to drive tractors in and around the farm areas under supervision
at 12 you were allowed to drive tractors unsupervised in the fields
at 13 you were expected to be able to handle livestock
at 14 you could hold a driving licence for a tractor and trailer..

at 14 you could hold a licence for, and use unsupervised, a shot gun

at 15 if you wern't shagging anything remotely human, female and warm like a demented tom cat people wondered why

and at 16 you were expected to no longer address people whom you respected as MR whatever, and use their first names instead....at 16 you were, regardless of any law to the contrary, accepted as an adult and expected to behave as one...in your communtity.

Agreed, and some of that is because children were getting killed on tractors etc, and some of that is because of the way we live has changed, do you really want kids in cities to be able to hold a licence for a shot gun?

I happen to think that Mums should be able to stay at home to be there if the kids need them and supervise them, even after school age, but that is never going to happen again unless you are rich and that has led to less supervision of children.   We are never going to have those communities again because of the way people have to work in towns, and I agree, that really sad.   But we can still have communities, different ones.   Wherever I have lived, here or abroad, you are always part of a community, just a different community to what we used to have.

I remember gangs of Teddy boys and all sorts, I think sometimes we see the past through rose colour specs, it had it's bad points as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:25 am

groomsy wrote:this is all i can think of when you mention druids

Doug was taken to Stonehenge with his school, he relays to me that all the kids found it as boring as fuck...Why did they take us to see a load of boring stones!  lol! 

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:03 am

victorisnotamused wrote:strange maybe....but not a queer as you...

back off.....

Does not mean because you dislike someone you use anti homosexual slurs against them

His thread is also stupid with his attempts to slur you thus both being wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:45 am

Catman wrote:
gerber wrote:

Why shouldn't a movement not be celebrated?

You like having the vote don't you?

If there was a flag for the suffragettes, at the time, do you think that, such a flag should have been flown to celebrate that fact?
No not in Westmister.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:56 am

So Victor is a druid and Catman is mocking him for that?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:46 am

Catman wrote:

....They are a bit strange...Yes?

://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: 

I lost interest in the first minute boring but each to their own i say  ::D:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:05 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:So Victor is a druid and Catman is mocking him for that?

Yes, all rather tit for tat and somehting to do with swastikas.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:13 pm

Catman wrote:Druids BritDruidSM

"Swastika" is a Sanscrit word meaning "that which is good". The Swastika symbol is considered as sacred and represents luck and prosperity in Hinduism. Just because it was hijacked by the Nazis doesn't mean it was always a sign of evil.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:23 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Catman wrote:
Are druids related to the Klu Klux Clan?

cyclops 

THE original White Honkey racist and bigot's club and knitting circle, by the looks of it...

(Is that Victor on the far-right of your original photo' on here, Phil ?).    clown 

Could be!  lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:25 pm

Catman wrote:
Lone Wolf wrote:
 cyclops 

THE original White Honkey racist and bigot's club and knitting circle, by the looks of it...

(Is that Victor on the far-right of your original photo' on here, Phil ?).    clown 

Could be!  lol! 

You do not want people to discriminate against your sexuality, and you claim to stand against discrimination and yet are discriminating against his beliefs?

That is poor and very hypocritical

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:29 pm

This post was made by Didge who is currently on your ignore list. See the message.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:30 pm

You can still read it when offline, so enjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next