NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harlem Church Pastor James David Manning Defends Sign Saying 'Jesus Would Stone Homos' (VIDEO)

4 posters

Go down

Harlem Church Pastor James David Manning Defends Sign Saying 'Jesus Would Stone Homos' (VIDEO) Empty Harlem Church Pastor James David Manning Defends Sign Saying 'Jesus Would Stone Homos' (VIDEO)

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:51 am

NEW YORK -- The pastor of a controversial Church in Harlem that was recently condemned for hanging a sign outside that stated "Jesus would stone homos" has come out in defence of the billboard, suggesting he was only repeating was is said in the Bible.
James David Manning, who runs the ATLAH Worldwide Missionary on 123rd Street, uploaded a recent video to YouTube (below), offering some rationalisation for his inflammatory message, which read: "Jesus would stone homos... Stoning is the law."
Harlem Church Pastor James David Manning Defends Sign Saying 'Jesus Would Stone Homos' (VIDEO) O-ATLAH-WORLDWIDE-MISSIONARY-570
The sign outside the ATLAH Worldwide Missionary in Harlem

In the video (below) Manning said: "I never said that I would stone homos. I never said that I would ask anyone else to stone homos. I never said that. What I did say is what the Bible says, and I gave several verses within the Word of God that demonstrates why I believe that Jesus would stone homos."
"The homosexual activists are flat-out lying about what Jesus would do regarding the detestable, abominable, diseased practice and act of homosexuality. They have been lying and saying that Jesus would simply love," he added.
The film, which runs for nine scripture filled minutes, concludes by Manning reflecting: "I'm not a hater… I'm a preacher of the Word of God."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/03/25/harlem-church-pastor-defends-sign-saying-jesus-would-stone-homos_n_5028921.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Of course though what does the bible say when Jesus confronted a stoning?

8 1 but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives.

2 At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. 3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” 6 They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”

11 “No one, sir,” she said.

“Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”

Back to top Go down

Harlem Church Pastor James David Manning Defends Sign Saying 'Jesus Would Stone Homos' (VIDEO) Empty Re: Harlem Church Pastor James David Manning Defends Sign Saying 'Jesus Would Stone Homos' (VIDEO)

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:02 am

As someone who tried to be a good Christian for 30 years, I find that a lot of Christians really don't seem to get it at all. For me it was about being able to truly leave judgement out of how I treated others and just be loving, and that's a hard thing to do.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Harlem Church Pastor James David Manning Defends Sign Saying 'Jesus Would Stone Homos' (VIDEO) Empty Re: Harlem Church Pastor James David Manning Defends Sign Saying 'Jesus Would Stone Homos' (VIDEO)

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:15 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:As someone who tried to be a good Christian for 30 years, I find that a lot of Christians really don't seem to get it at all. For me it was about being able to truly leave judgement out of how I treated others and just be loving, and that's a hard thing to do.

lol................lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:19 am

Probably a fake picture for starters - these are very common on the internet.

Just checked on Google Earth (I know they can change these signs every day if they so wish):

Harlem Church Pastor James David Manning Defends Sign Saying 'Jesus Would Stone Homos' (VIDEO) Untitl13

The sign puts me to shame - I wish I did all those great things every day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:39 am

BigAndy9 wrote:Probably a fake picture for starters - these are very common on the internet.

Just checked on Google Earth (I know they can change these signs every day if they so wish):

Harlem Church Pastor James David Manning Defends Sign Saying 'Jesus Would Stone Homos' (VIDEO) Untitl13

The sign puts me to shame - I wish I did all those great things every day.

That whole "the photo was faked" notion would maybe hold water if the preacher hadn't defended it, as noted in the OP.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:40 am

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:As someone who tried to be a good Christian for 30 years, I find that a lot of Christians really don't seem to get it at all. For me it was about being able to truly leave judgement out of how I treated others and just be loving, and that's a hard thing to do.

lol................lol

What's so funny?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:07 am

@Ben
Well  :::grouch:: 
GIG knows Christianity has nothing to do with kindness and Love, Christians Not Judge  Shocked  your fucking hilarious Ben, what did you think 'throwing stones' was a metaphor for how to treat people? Wink  Wink  Wink  Wink 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:49 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Godisgoodallthetime wrote:

lol................lol

What's so funny?

That he never grasped what Jesus taught?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:52 am

I also find it amusing that Godisalwayscrap tries to bemoan about when Muslims are anti homosexual and yet never condemns Christians when they are, when both are wrong to do so, it shows what a real hypocrite he is

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:05 am

It does seem these days that Christiabity is really just a stick with which bigots attack homosexuality, stripped of most of the other Biblical context and meaning. There are I think 6 lines in the Bible of homosexuality, 4 in the apparently defunct OT, yet those few lines of a massive book are apparently given highest importance today. WTF???
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:08 am

Eilzel wrote:It does seem these days that Christiabity is really just a stick with which bigots attack homosexuality, stripped of most of the other Biblical context and meaning. There are I think 6 lines in the Bible of homosexuality, 4 in the apparently defunct OT, yet those few lines of a massive book are apparently given highest importance today. WTF???

Indeed and yet in the same chapters, do they also believe you should execute your own children for disobedience?
I mean how many go around advocating these passages, saying you should kill your child if they answer you back?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:51 am

morning Lez, I love you Jesus loves you and i don't care that your homosexual who can judge another anyway , life is good life is for living however way you or I choose .

John 8:7
King James Version (KJV)
7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:43 am

VOD(original) wrote:morning Lez, I love you Jesus loves you and i don't care that your homosexual who can judge another anyway , life is good life is for living however way you or I choose .

King James Version (KJV)
7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

And Jesus Proceeded to..... Not throw a stone

So the Moral is Jesus would not stone a homosexual and anyone that does, or suggest to, is saying that they have less sin than Jesus which is Blasphemous thus they are still sinners and should not be throwing stones and will burn forever in an enteral pit of hell fire  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:03 am

veya_victaous wrote:
VOD(original) wrote:morning Lez, I love you Jesus loves you and i don't care that your homosexual who can judge another anyway , life is good life is for living however way you or I choose .

King James Version (KJV)

So the Moral is Jesus would not stone a homosexual and anyone that does, or suggest to, is saying that they have less sin than Jesus which is Blasphemous thus they are still sinners and should not be throwing stones and will burn forever in an enteral pit of hell fire  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil 

nobody should be stoning anyone its barbaric and the Pastor of this church should be ashamed and shouldn't be leading a congregation with views like that , everyone of us sin everyday . This Pastor is using OT scripture , Jesus came to fulfill the law that is where grace steps in . God knew when the 10 commandments were made that we would never be able to keep them it is impossible and anyone who says they keep them are liars .

Nobody will burn in hell if they repent that's the choice given yes it is harsh but according to the word of God those are the conditions he made , yes very harsh but given the choice i know where i want to go .

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:51 pm

King James Version (KJV)

Nice post! Could you ask your husband to explain what he meant by laughing at me? Thanks.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:56 pm

To think people in trusted and respected position like this Pastor jab.e the stupidity and immaturity to hang signs for public view like that...

That would only out me off going to church , so much for the ' loving' men of God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:59 pm

VOD(original) wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

nobody should be stoning anyone its barbaric and the Pastor of this church should be ashamed and shouldn't be leading a congregation with views like that , everyone of us sin everyday . This Pastor is using OT scripture , Jesus came to fulfill the law that is where grace steps in . God knew when the 10 commandments were made that we would never be able to keep them it is impossible and anyone who says they keep them are liars .

Nobody will burn in hell if they repent that's the choice given yes it is harsh but according to the word of God those are the conditions he made , yes very harsh but given the choice i know where i want to go .

..nice one VOD Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down