NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was Dimbleby told to go easy on Labour guest on Question Time? Leaked note reveals presenter was urged to ask more questions to Tory Lord Heseltine

4 posters

Go down

Was Dimbleby told to go easy on Labour guest on Question Time? Leaked note reveals presenter was urged to ask more questions to Tory Lord Heseltine Empty Was Dimbleby told to go easy on Labour guest on Question Time? Leaked note reveals presenter was urged to ask more questions to Tory Lord Heseltine

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:41 pm

The BBC’s Question Time has been accused of giving its Labour guests an easier ride than Coalition politicians. A leaked briefing note for host David Dimbleby revealed he was urged to ask many more questions of former Deputy Prime Minister, Lord Heseltine, than the Labour work and pensions spokesman Rachel Reeves. The note suggested Tory grandee Lord Heseltine be probed on trade sanctions against Russia, the Commons vote on Syria, David Cameron’s remarks in Opposition about Russian shoppers in Selfridges and Home Office minister James Brokenshire’s outburst on cheap migrant labour.

In contrast, Miss Reeves was simply to be asked two soft questions: whether her party supported a financial bail-out for Ukraine and whether Labour agreed with the Government’s handling of the crisis.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2579619/Was-Dimbleby-told-easy-Labour-guest-Question-Time-Leaked-note-reveals-presenter-urged-ask-questions-Tory-Lord-Heseltine.html

The BBC biased? Never!

Back to top Go down

Was Dimbleby told to go easy on Labour guest on Question Time? Leaked note reveals presenter was urged to ask more questions to Tory Lord Heseltine Empty Re: Was Dimbleby told to go easy on Labour guest on Question Time? Leaked note reveals presenter was urged to ask more questions to Tory Lord Heseltine

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:42 pm

Everybody knows it, the BBC and it's employees have admitted it.

Back to top Go down

Was Dimbleby told to go easy on Labour guest on Question Time? Leaked note reveals presenter was urged to ask more questions to Tory Lord Heseltine Empty Re: Was Dimbleby told to go easy on Labour guest on Question Time? Leaked note reveals presenter was urged to ask more questions to Tory Lord Heseltine

Post by Irn Bru Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:15 pm

Tess. wrote:The BBC’s Question Time has been accused of giving its Labour guests an easier ride than Coalition politicians.  A leaked briefing note for host David Dimbleby revealed he was urged to ask many more questions of former Deputy Prime Minister, Lord Heseltine, than the Labour work and pensions spokesman Rachel Reeves.  The note suggested Tory grandee Lord Heseltine be probed on trade sanctions against Russia, the Commons vote on Syria, David Cameron’s remarks in Opposition about Russian shoppers in Selfridges and Home Office minister James Brokenshire’s outburst on cheap migrant labour.

In contrast, Miss Reeves was simply to be asked two soft questions: whether her party supported a financial bail-out for Ukraine and whether Labour agreed with the Government’s handling of the crisis.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2579619/Was-Dimbleby-told-easy-Labour-guest-Question-Time-Leaked-note-reveals-presenter-urged-ask-questions-Tory-Lord-Heseltine.html

The BBC biased?  Never!

This programme is also produced for the BBC by a private independent company and I would suggest that the questions reflected are those that were put by the audience during the application process when applying to join the show.
If you really are interested in what get asked then don't moan about and put in your own request and your own question which you can do on the mentormedia website.

Here's the link...

http://www.mentorn.tv/news.aspx

Third one down is last weeks programme - the one that is causing all the fuss on here.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:26 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Tess. wrote:The BBC’s Question Time has been accused of giving its Labour guests an easier ride than Coalition politicians.  A leaked briefing note for host David Dimbleby revealed he was urged to ask many more questions of former Deputy Prime Minister, Lord Heseltine, than the Labour work and pensions spokesman Rachel Reeves.  The note suggested Tory grandee Lord Heseltine be probed on trade sanctions against Russia, the Commons vote on Syria, David Cameron’s remarks in Opposition about Russian shoppers in Selfridges and Home Office minister James Brokenshire’s outburst on cheap migrant labour.

The BBC biased?  Never!

This programme is also produced for the BBC by a private independent company and I would suggest that the questions reflected are those that were put by the audience during the application process when applying to join the show.
If you really are interested in what get asked then don't moan about and put in your own request and your own question which you can do on the mentormedia website.

Here's the link...

Third one down is last weeks programme - the one that is causing all the fuss on here.

A very valid point but is has ben known since the days of bliar in the last Century, the BBC have had bias........... Tey got funding and preferential tit bits form No 10 during the presidential campaign....

They are hoping to attract the same attention.

Good one for the BBC licence not to be a criminal offence but a civil one.... So who will now pay their licences......

By by BBC...brought on by yourselves
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:34 pm

gerber wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

The BBC biased?  Never!

Here's the link...

A very valid point but is has ben known since the days of bliar in the last Century, the BBC have had bias...........  Tey got funding and preferential tit bits form No 10 during the presidential campaign....

Good one for the BBC licence not to be a criminal offence but a civil one....  So who will now pay their licences......

Gerber, a recent academic study carried out by a respected authority on the subject found that bias in the BBC had more recently swung to the right suggesting that the BBC generally does tend to swing towards whoever is in power.

There's a thread on here about - probably just a few pages back.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:42 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
gerber wrote:

A very valid point but is has ben known since the days of bliar in the last Century, the BBC have had bias...........  Tey got funding and preferential tit bits form No 10 during the presidential campaign....

Good one for the BBC licence not to be a criminal offence but a civil one....  So who will now pay their licences......

Gerber, a recent academic study carried out by a respected authority on the subject found that bias in the BBC had more recently swung to the right suggesting that the BBC generally does tend to swing towards whoever is in power.

good evening

And yes they have to a point but now we are in GE and more importantly Euro election mode, they are reverting back to be pro EU and Milli and co getting air time......

The change to the licence fee status re non payment will hit them hard..........
may be the undoing of them.

Today I was watching the trial of Oscar on the South African news channel................. The stalwarts of the fee and the left leaning backers of the BBC insist the World service is too great a thing to be lost.

I used to have the same opinion but now most major countries provide an English speaking news service including Russia, China and India.

The Dimblebleys' have cost the BBC

gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:54 pm

gerber wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
gerber wrote:

good evening

And yes they have to a point but now we are in GE and more importantly Euro election mode, they are reverting back to be pro EU and Milli and co getting air time......

The change to the licence fee status re non payment will hit them hard..........

Today I was watching the trial of Oscar on the South African news channel................. The stalwarts of the fee and the left leaning backers of the BBC insist the World service is too great a thing to be lost.

I used to have the same opinion but now most major countries provide an English speaking news service including Russia, China and India.

Gerber, I really can't see why the change would result in a drop in people paying the licence fee because other than not being classed as a criminal the penalties remain the same and people will still be blacklisted and put on a bad debt list.

I certainly don't see any bias by the BBC towards a pro European stance and if you listen to Norman Smith who is the BBC political correspondent he's hardly giving Labour an easy ride,
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:01 pm

Tories are paranoid, desparate, and are clutching at straws and begging the DM to dig the dirt on Labour, the BBC and the Unions.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:03 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
gerber wrote:

good evening

Gerber, I really can't see why the change would result in a drop in people paying the licence fee because other than not being classed as a criminal the penalties remain the same and people will still be blacklisted and put on a bad debt list.

I certainly don't see any bias by the BBC towards a pro European stance and if you listen to Norman Smith who is the BBC political correspondent he's hardly giving Labour an easy ride,

maybe but if enough don't pay and I think it will be a huge number, blacklisting will not save the BBC. And I do think they give liebour a much more comfortable time when being questioned and longer to explain the answer before jumping in with opinion posed as another question.

The Euro results in May might finally settle the conundrum
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:09 pm

gerber wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

maybe but if enough don't pay and I think it will be a huge number, blacklisting will not save the BBC.  And I do think they give liebour a much more comfortable time when being questioned and longer to explain the answer before jumping in with opinion posed as another question.

The last poll that i saw about the Euro elections suggested that Labour will win!  cheers 

I look forward to the coming polls!  study 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:12 pm

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/european-elections

::D:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:13 pm

Catman wrote:
gerber wrote:

maybe but if enough don't pay and I think it will be a huge number, blacklisting will not save the BBC.  And I do think they give liebour a much more comfortable time when being questioned and longer to explain the answer before jumping in with opinion posed as another question.

The last poll that i saw about the Euro elections suggested that Labour will win!  cheers 

Do you think Labour will win even if it keeps on saying it doesn't like the people having a say on Europe? Is that sustainable. Even many Labour MPs are against Milliband on this.

Fred
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:16 pm

gerber wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

The only way the BBC will stop its institutional bias is to remove the licence fee. It is such an out of date funding model in any case. It is a state monopoly of the airwaves funded by enforced subscription. To use a TV to watch SKY you are forced to pay for the lefty BBC. Not really fair.

Fred
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:17 pm

Catman wrote:
gerber wrote:

So do I. Me thinks libour will win the wooden spoon.  Smile 
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:17 pm

Alright said Fred wrote:
Catman wrote:

Do you think Labour will win even if it keeps on saying it doesn't like the people having a say on Europe? Is that sustainable. Even many Labour MPs are against Milliband on this.

Just studying the recent polls!  ::D:: 

There are more important things to think about then the EU IMO, and most voters will treat the EU election as a verdict on the parties, they won't even be thinking about the EU!

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:28 pm

Catman wrote:
Alright said Fred wrote:

Just studying the recent polls!  ::D:: 

There are more important things to think about then the EU IMO, and most voters will treat the EU election as a verdict on the parties, they won't even be thinking about the EU!

I give you that one. I am of the same thinking. Wouldn't like to be cloggy.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down