NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you have chores you enjoy doing?

5 posters

Go down

Do you have chores you enjoy doing? Empty Do you have chores you enjoy doing?

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:02 am

I just got out a smelly can of Kiwi leather polish and neatened up the scuffs on my boots -- a task I've always enjoyed, maybe because I remember helping my dad do it when I was a kid.

Hate washing dishes, though! Smile Any chores you guys like?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Do you have chores you enjoy doing? Empty Re: Do you have chores you enjoy doing?

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:28 am

when you ask (you guys) are you referring to us (girls) too ?

If so then here goes.

I enjoy housework , hate gardening and hate ironing

Back to top Go down

Do you have chores you enjoy doing? Empty Re: Do you have chores you enjoy doing?

Post by Cass Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:19 am

I love cooking (yes it is a chore)

Also gardening and housework but not while I am doing it but when its done i think wow I did good.

Ironing is against my religion  Smile  - also cleaning out the cat litter or pool filter.

Doing laundry is a bore as is changing the beds/towels.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:34 am

Cass wrote:I love cooking (yes it is a chore)

Also gardening and housework but not while I am doing it but when its done i think wow I did good.

Ironing is against my religion  Smile  - also cleaning out the cat litter or pool filter.

ha ha i agree with the cat litter and pool filter , last summer our then 18 month grandson decided it was funny to put pegs in the pool and we hadn't noticed that the inlet cover had come off so the pegs got sucked into the sand filter .  affraid 

We noticed the difference in sound from the filter and heat pump and caught in time before they both overheated .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:19 pm

...I just like to do the shake and Vac and put the freshness back  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:29 pm

VOD(original) wrote:
Cass wrote:I love cooking (yes it is a chore)

ha ha i agree with the cat litter and pool filter , last summer our then 18 month grandson decided it was funny to put pegs in the pool and we hadn't noticed that the inlet cover had come off so the pegs got sucked into the sand filter .  affraid 

We noticed the difference in sound from the filter and heat pump and caught in time before they both overheated .

yup that would do it....We get all sorts of creepy crawlies - hence why Mr. C is the pool boy (told him to wear gloves but hey his fault and he is insured  ::D:: ) and bloody pine needles from neighbor's tree (which also blocks part of my view dammit).
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:31 pm

Should this thread title be which of your chores do you least hate doing? Who likes doing chores?  Laughing 

I guess the one I least dislike doing is ironing Do you have chores you enjoy doing? Ironin12Therapeutic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:18 pm

feelthelove wrote:Should this thread title be which of your chores do you least hate doing? Who likes doing chores?  Laughing 

I guess the one I least dislike doing is ironing Do you have chores you enjoy doing? Ironin12Therapeutic.

Well, like I said, there are a few chores I do enjoy doing ... or at least I can tolerate when I've got music playing  ::D:: 

Hate the dishes though, I don't know what I'd do without a dishwasher!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:34 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
feelthelove wrote:Should this thread title be which of your chores do you least hate doing? Who likes doing chores?  Laughing 

Well, like I said, there are a few chores I do enjoy doing ... or at least I can tolerate when I've got music playing  ::D:: 

That's very true, I'm far more effective when I'm listening to my iPod although I'm glad my neighbours can't see me dancing around to my own 70's disco while I'm working Do you have chores you enjoy doing? Disco12lol! 

However, I did once drop mine down the loo whilst cleaning.  That was the end of that Do you have chores you enjoy doing? Embarr56

If I didn't have a dishwasher there are a lot of meals I wouldn't bother with, particularly as we both work full time. I know that sounds lazy but it does mean what we eat doesn't take into account the number of pans we need to use to make it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:38 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

That's very true, I'm far more effective when I'm listening to my iPod although I'm glad my neighbours can't see me dancing around to my own 70's disco while I'm working Do you have chores you enjoy doing? Disco12lol! 

However, I did once drop mine down the loo whilst cleaning.  That was the end of that Do you have chores you enjoy doing? Embarr56

If I didn't have a dishwasher there are a lot of meals I wouldn't bother with, particularly as we both work full time. I know that sounds lazy but it does mean what we eat doesn't take into account the number of pans we need to use to make it.

Ah, I'd be so pissed if I dropped my ipod in the toilet!

Sounds like you're still quite a bit less lazy than me when it comes to chores, though -- I don't even wear anything you have to iron, and I rarely eat anything you have to do more than heat  Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:40 pm

Love my dishwasher.
Hate the iron but love my dryer.
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:42 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Sounds like you're still quite a bit less lazy than me when it comes to chores, though -- I don't even wear anything you have to iron, and I rarely eat anything you have to do more than heat  Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed 

I was heartbroken Ben Sad 

I misread your comment at first, I though you said you don't wear anything to iron  Shocked Do you have chores you enjoy doing? Rofl63

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:44 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

I misread your comment at first, I though you said you don't wear anything to iron  Shocked Do you have chores you enjoy doing? Rofl63
HAHAHAHA welcome back FTL!  Wishful thinking  elephant  elephant  lol!
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:46 pm

Hate all chores! Who wants to do chores????

I love cooking though.

I refuse to do certain chores and they are left to my OH; any form of gardening, polishing shoes and any DIY
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:03 pm

David wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Do you have chores you enjoy doing? Girl-m16 It pure concern for his dangly bits Lovely David, ouch!!! Do you have chores you enjoy doing? Elepha16 lol!

Do you have chores you enjoy doing? Thank_37 for the welcome back  I love you xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:11 pm

I have to have 'relations' with her that must be endured on Saturday evenings.
She calls it a chore..I enjoy it.
Last week she said it was good practice for her horse riding on Sunday mornings.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:15 pm

Handy Andy wrote:I have to have 'relations' with her that must be endured on Saturday evenings.
She calls it a chore..I enjoy it.
Last week she said it was good practice for her horse riding on Sunday mornings.

Horse riding Andy???!!!  Do you have chores you enjoy doing? Horse13

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:02 pm

feelthelove wrote:
David wrote:

Do you have chores you enjoy doing? Girl-m16 It pure concern for his dangly bits Lovely David, ouch!!! Do you have chores you enjoy doing? Elepha16 lol!

Do you have chores you enjoy doing? Thank_37 for the welcome back  I love you xxx

I missed that yesterday HAHAHA elephant elephant elephant 
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:56 pm

David wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

I missed that yesterday HAHAHA elephant elephant elephant 

Do you have chores you enjoy doing? Heart_34
It's my caring nature Lovely David x

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:05 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

I don't have Sphinx's courage  Embarassed 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:11 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

I always get really hot when I'm ironing Ben and not in a good way Do you have chores you enjoy doing? Angel_88 lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:32 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

I always get really hot when I'm ironing Ben and not in a good way Do you have chores you enjoy doing? Angel_88 lol!

cherry cherry cherry cherry cherry 

Really, my dream would be to have all my chores automated. I want the "web of things" to allow me to pre-heat my oven while I'm driving back from an assignment and a personal robot to put my food into it  king 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:39 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Really, my dream would be to have all my chores automated. I want the "web of things" to allow me to pre-heat my oven while I'm driving back from an assignment and a personal robot to put my food into it  king 

I thought you only heated things up Ben and even that presents a challenge??!!  Shocked Do you have chores you enjoy doing? Giggl180

As far as chores go I operate under a work to reward system. Say one hour of chores equates to half an hour of doing something I enjoy.  It's amazing how much you can get done Do you have chores you enjoy doing? Dance_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:52 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

I thought you only heated things up Ben and even that presents a challenge??!!  Shocked Do you have chores you enjoy doing? Giggl180

As far as chores go I operate under a work to reward system. Say one hour of chores equates to half an hour of doing something I enjoy.  It's amazing how much you can get done Do you have chores you enjoy doing? Dance_21

The reward system is pretty much the only way I get anything done!

Yeah, I would have my oven preheated and my robot putting something that just needed to get hot into it; otherwise I'd be afraid I'd give myself food poisoning ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:02 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Yeah, I would have my oven preheated and my robot putting something that just needed to get hot into it; otherwise I'd be afraid I'd give myself food poisoning ...

OK, I'm worried about you now Do you have chores you enjoy doing? Worrie10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:12 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

No worries!

Do you have chores you enjoy doing? Zorro1
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:10 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

No worries!

Do you have chores you enjoy doing? Zorro1

Do you have chores you enjoy doing? Giggl181 Aww I love a hug! Now behave, take care of yourself and eat properly  Laughing x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down