NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If it were up to you...

Go down

If it were up to you... Empty If it were up to you...

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:14 pm

Which MP only from any of the three main parties , who would you elect as PM...and why?

Back to top Go down

If it were up to you... Empty Re: If it were up to you...

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:30 pm

He's too old now bless him, but Dennis Skinner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:52 pm

Sassy wrote:He's too old now bless him, but Dennis Skinner.

Definitely agree, a people's man who knew what poverty was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:11 am

And very intelligence with it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:17 am

I'd agree with that, the truth was never hidden or manipulated with him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:22 am

Nigel Farage.

Nobody from the Conservatives or Labour come close.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:25 am

Anne Widdecomb would have been superb, if only to spoil all those large group photos taken at summits.

John Prescott like a Northern version of Derek Trotter with his jag.

Edwina Currie who is a very beautiful woman in the right light; the darker the better.

Hazel Blears - promoting equality for munchkins around the world.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:28 am

BigAndy9 wrote:Nigel Farage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:59 am

PhilDidge wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:Nigel Farage.

Not allowed unfortunately Andy, UKIP/BNP are not a main party.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:01 am

Joy Division wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

What?

I was being rather polite by ousting Lib Dem - I could have booted out Labour.

Maybe we'll wait until after the Euro's and then re-do this thread eh?

Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:01 am

Croissant wrote:Anne Widdecomb would have been superb, if only to spoil all those large group photos taken at summits.

John Prescott like a Northern version of Derek Trotter with his jag.

Edwina Currie who is a very beautiful woman in the right light; the darker the be

tter.

Hazel Blears - promoting equality for munchkins around the world.

There are definitely worse choices to be made, nice one croissant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:04 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

What?

Twisted Evil 

If you so wish Andy, but as things stand BNP/UKIP are now hews near the three , well two really..main parties .
Hopefully all this BNP UKIP thing will all have been a silly patriotic phase.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:08 am

Joy Division wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

What?

Twisted Evil 

If you so wish Andy, but as things stand BNP/UKIP are now hews near the three , well two really..main parties .

I don't see why you have to dismiss someone who is patriotic as being silly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:37 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Because he's a numpty, runs a numpty party, full of numpties LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:40 am

Sassy wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Being patriotic is fine if there is much logic to go with it in Politics Andy, I think Sassy has given you your answer chief ::D:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:41 am

Joy Division wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

Still cant handle the fact that the party you support (Labour) is the one taking ex BNP members and spending thousands to have them elected as councillors with your co voters supporting them can you JD?

So how do you explain that UKIP which takes the 3rd largest number of votes is not a main party while the Lib Dems which only manage to take the 4th largest number is?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:44 am

My other choice would be Tony Benn (why are they so old lol) and I think we would be in a very different place if John Smith hadn't died.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:45 am

Joy Division wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Being patriotic is fine if there is much logic to go with it in Politics Andy, I think Sassy has given you your answer chief ::D:: 

Incredibly rude to say that to their voters though, just because they are working folk on the lowest rung of the ladder doesn't mean they are voting for numpties and don't have a clue what they are talking about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:50 am

sphinx wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Still cant handle the fact that the party you support (Labour) is the one taking ex BNP members and spending thousands to have them elected as councillors with your co voters supporting them can you JD?

So how do you explain that UKIP which takes the 3rd largest number of votes is not a main party while the Lib Dems which only manage to take the 4th largest number is?

That sort of thing goes on with a tiny minority of MP's Sphinx...and I've never said every single member of BNP was racist...And they certainly won't be racist under the Labour Party.

When Nick Griffin had stuff hurled at him on camera, I never once said that was acceptable, even though he is BNP.

And Labour are not the only party which UKIP/BNP members have moved to.

And how can we seriously say UKIP are the third biggest party really, when they don't have any MP's of yet in the HOC, you said it yourself last week Sphinx.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:03 pm

The Liberal Party were in a far better position that UKIP have ever been, and had MPs, didn't survive though unfortunately.

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:08 pm

Sassy wrote:My other choice would be Tony Benn (why are they so old lol) and I think we would be in a very different place if John Smith hadn't died.

I agree and I am Conservative.  Think he is absolutely brill these days.  Love the road show he does with William Hague

William would be my choice due to Tony's age
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:09 pm

Has Hague hit puberty yet?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:12 pm

Joy Division wrote:
sphinx wrote:

That sort of thing goes on with a tiny minority of MP's Sphinx...and I've never said every single member of BNP was racist...And they certainly won't be racist under the Labour Party.

When Nick Griffin had stuff hurled at him on camera, I never once said that was acceptable, even though he is BNP.

And how can we say UKIP are the third biggest party really, when they don't have any MP's of yet in the HOC, you said it yourself last week Sphinx.

PMSL - so the twisted logic of JD is that when BNP members move to Labour they are not racist but when UKIP refuses them membership they are racist,.

UKIP members do not move to Labour JD - Labour members move to UKIP. This can be demonstrated by looking at membership figures where UKIP is the only party with increasing membership.

I said UKIP has the third largest portion of the vote JD - in last years council elections one of the local towns had more votes that any other party over all - but only took one seat. However unlike the Lib Dems we do not moan about this and demand a change in voting rules to PR or anything like that - we accept first past the post as giving the best way of providing local representation besides which we know we will get MPs.

You might want to consider the time scale for UKIP - the party is only 20 years old. It has only been through 4 General Elections - and is already consistently coming second in by elections, has taken a significant portion of council seats and in opinion polls shows around 25% higher than the Lib dems.

I know the figures are scary JD - I know it is hard to for people used to a political landscape that has remained broadly unchanged for over a century to comprehend the sheer speed of UKIPs rise - but it is happening and ignoring it will not stop that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:13 pm

Maybe because they carry on saying racist things and then they have to be expelled?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:15 pm

How about Giles Brandreth, not sure if he is still an MP but the thought of him wearing a knitted penguin jumper to the G8 summit would be priceless. Any visiting dignitaries would be entertained at his mum's house with with fondant fancies and tea made in a real teapot complete with a knitted warmer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:17 pm

Sassy wrote:The Liberal Party were in a far better position that UKIP have ever been, and had MPs, didn't survive though unfortunately.

How old is the Liberal Party  ://?roflmao?/: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:18 pm

liberal party was just the same old same old from other parties..

UKIP hopefully will sort out the eu problem and the country..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:19 pm

sphinx wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

And how can we say UKIP are the third biggest party really, when they don't have any MP's of yet in the HOC, you said it yourself last week Sphinx.

PMSL - so the twisted logic of JD is that when BNP members move to Labour they are not racist but when UKIP refuses them membership they are racist,.

UKIP members do not move to Labour JD - Labour members move to UKIP.  This can be demonstrated by looking at membership figures where UKIP is the only party with increasing membership.

I said UKIP has the third largest portion of the vote JD - in last years council elections one of the local towns had more votes that any other party over all - but only took one seat.  However unlike the Lib Dems we do not moan about this and demand a change in voting rules to PR or anything like that - we accept first past the post as giving the best way of providing local representation besides which we know we will get MPs.

You might want to consider the time scale for UKIP - the party is only 20 years old.  It has only been through 4 General Elections - and is already consistently coming second in by elections, has taken a significant portion of council seats and in opinion polls shows around 25% higher than the Lib dems.

I know the figures are scary JD - I know it is hard to for people used to a political landscape that has remained broadly unchanged for over a century to comprehend the sheer speed of UKIPs rise - but it is happening and ignoring it will not stop that.

Sphinx, UKIP are not scarey because of that, because that has happened with parties many times. UKIP are scarey because of the nutters it attracts, and it doesn't matter how many times you say they don't, every time you say it another one pops up, saying things so beyond the pale that other people wonder why they are actually not locked up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:21 pm

sphinx wrote:
Sassy wrote:The Liberal Party were in a far better position that UKIP have ever been, and had MPs, didn't survive though unfortunately.

They are defunct and their age isn't the point. The number of times they thought they were going to 'break through' from a far better position that UKIP are in, I dread to think, and they never did.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:22 pm

That's because Paddy always had his pants-down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:35 pm

Sassy wrote:
sphinx wrote:

UKIP members do not move to Labour JD - Labour members move to UKIP.  This can be demonstrated by looking at membership figures where UKIP is the only party with increasing membership.

I said UKIP has the third largest portion of the vote JD - in last years council elections one of the local towns had more votes that any other party over all - but only took one seat.  However unlike the Lib Dems we do not moan about this and demand a change in voting rules to PR or anything like that - we accept first past the post as giving the best way of providing local representation besides which we know we will get MPs.

You might want to consider the time scale for UKIP - the party is only 20 years old.  It has only been through 4 General Elections - and is already consistently coming second in by elections, has taken a significant portion of council seats and in opinion polls shows around 25% higher than the Lib dems.

Sphinx, UKIP are not scarey because of that, because that has happened with parties many times.   UKIP are scarey because of the nutters it attracts, and it doesn't matter how many times you say they don't, every time you say it another one pops up, saying things so beyond the pale that other people wonder why they are actually not locked up.

The problem you have sassy is that even with "nutters" (usually ones who were ignored by the Tory party that become newsworthy the second they cross the floor) UKIP membership and votes are increasing for UKIP.

So not as many people as you think are wondering why they are not locked up and far more people that you want to imagine are agreeing with them.

And you dont like that one iota do you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:39 pm

Sassy wrote:
sphinx wrote:

They are defunct and their age isn't the point.   The number of times they thought they were going to 'break through' from a far better position that UKIP are in, I dread to think, and they never did.

I could have sworn the Liberal party formed governments more than once - in fact aren't they forming part of the government right now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:02 pm

sphinx wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Sphinx, UKIP are not scarey because of that, because that has happened with parties many times.   UKIP are scarey because of the nutters it attracts, and it doesn't matter how many times you say they don't, every time you say it another one pops up, saying things so beyond the pale that other people wonder why they are actually not locked up.

The problem you have sassy is that even with "nutters" (usually ones who were ignored by the Tory party that become newsworthy the second they cross the floor) UKIP membership and votes are increasing for UKIP.

So not as many people as you think are wondering why they are not locked up and far more people that you want to imagine are agreeing with them.

No Sphinx, I think people are a lot more intelligent than that, and they will go the way of all the others.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:11 pm

sphinx wrote:
Sassy wrote:

They are defunct and their age isn't the point.   The number of times they thought they were going to 'break through' from a far better position that UKIP are in, I dread to think, and they never did.

I could have sworn the Liberal party formed governments more than once - in fact aren't they forming part of the government right now?

No Sphinx, the Liberal Party under William Gladstone etc were not the Liberal Party of the 1950s, who got MPs and councillors, but never broke through.   And the Lib Dems are absolutely nothing like them.  After joining with the SDP their Liberal values were lost.

They aren't actually defunct, they are still around:

As of 2014 the Liberal Party held 21 council seats at county and district level and 15 seats at community level.[1] The party has no representation in the UK Parliament, nor Members of the European (MEP) or Scottish Parliaments. At the 2001 UK general election the party's best local result was coming second behind Labour in Liverpool West Derby, pushing the Liberal Democrats into third place. However, they were unable to repeat this at the 2005 general election, finishing third behind the Liberal Democrats in the constituency, but still beating the Conservatives; they repeated this position at the 2010 general election.

As of 2014 the party president was Steve Radford and the party chairman was Fran Oborski. The party anthem is The Land.

The party states that it exists:

"To build a Liberal Society in which every citizen shall possess liberty, property and security and none shall be enslaved by poverty, ignorance or conformity. Its chief care is for the rights and opportunities of the individual, and in all spheres it sets freedom first."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:22 pm

Sassy wrote:
sphinx wrote:

No Sphinx, the Liberal Party under William Gladstone etc were not the Liberal Party of the 1950s, who got MPs and councillors, but never broke through.   And the Lib Dems are absolutely nothing like them.  After joining with the SDP their Liberal values were lost.

As of 2014 the Liberal Party held 21 council seats at county and district level and 15 seats at community level.[1] The party has no representation in the UK Parliament, nor Members of the European (MEP) or Scottish Parliaments. At the 2001 UK general election the party's best local result was coming second behind Labour in Liverpool West Derby, pushing the Liberal Democrats into third place. However, they were unable to repeat this at the 2005 general election, finishing third behind the Liberal Democrats in the constituency, but still beating the Conservatives; they repeated this position at the 2010 general election.

As of 2014 the party president was Steve Radford and the party chairman was Fran Oborski. The party anthem is The Land.

"To build a Liberal Society in which every citizen shall possess liberty, property and security and none shall be enslaved by poverty, ignorance or conformity. Its chief care is for the rights and opportunities of the individual, and in all spheres it sets freedom first."

And who is in power now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:23 pm

Sassy wrote:
sphinx wrote:

No Sphinx, I think people are a lot more intelligent than that, and they will go the way of all the others.

Translation - I believe lots more people think the same way I do and anyone who does not think the same way I do is unintelligent.

You might want to start considering the meaning of people not thinking the same way you do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:44 pm

sphinx wrote:
Sassy wrote:

And who is in power now?

The Liberal Democrats are NOT the Liberal Party.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:49 pm

Sassy wrote:
sphinx wrote:

And who is in power now?

Not what I asked. Who is in power now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:56 pm

sphinx wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Not what I asked.  Who is in power now?

WTF are you on about?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:58 pm

Sassy wrote:
sphinx wrote:

Not what I asked.  Who is in power now?

WTF are you on about?

The parties who are in power forming a government now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:00 pm

Shocked  Has nobody told you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:12 pm

Sassy wrote:Shocked  Has nobody told you?

Keep wiggling Sassy - I know full well who is forming the government at the moment but with statements like
sassy wrote:They are defunct and their age isn't the point. The number of times they thought they were going to 'break through' from a far better position that UKIP are in, I dread to think, and they never did.
it seems you do not.

Or do you not consider forming a government to be a breakthrough maybe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:14 pm

Sphinx I truly don't know WTF you are on about.   The Liberal Democrats in the Coalition are absolutely nothing like the real Liberal Party. If you think they are, you know zilch about the Liberal Party, who were and are far more left wing than Labour.   Are you suggesting the UKIP should merge?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:01 pm

Sassy wrote:Sphinx I truly don't know WTF you are on about.   The Liberal Democrats in the Coalition are absolutely nothing like the real Liberal Party.  If you think they are, you know zilch about the Liberal Party, who were and are far more left wing than Labour.   Are you suggesting the UKIP should merge?

And there was me thinking the Liberal Democrats were formed by the merger of the Liberal Party and the Social Democratic Party.

I was pretty sure that meant the real Liberal Party - or are you talking about the http://www.liberal.org.uk/ who certainly have not managed a far stronger position than UKIP are in - in fact I dont think most people have ever heard of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:02 pm

sphinx wrote:
Sassy wrote:Sphinx I truly don't know WTF you are on about.   The Liberal Democrats in the Coalition are absolutely nothing like the real Liberal Party.  If you think they are, you know zilch about the Liberal Party, who were and are far more left wing than Labour.   Are you suggesting the UKIP should merge?

And there was me thinking the Liberal Democrats were formed by the merger of the Liberal Party and the Social Democratic Party.

I was pretty sure that meant the real Liberal Party - or are you talking about the http://www.liberal.org.uk/ who certainly have not managed a far stronger position than UKIP are in - in fact I dont think most people have ever heard of them.

Nope, that meant the members of the Liberal Party who were prepared to give up on their beliefs went and joined the SDPs, those kept their beliefs stayed as The Liberal Party.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum