NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sentences for killers of Arthur Labinjo-Hughes to be reviewed for leniency

4 posters

Go down

Sentences for killers of Arthur Labinjo-Hughes to be reviewed for leniency Empty Sentences for killers of Arthur Labinjo-Hughes to be reviewed for leniency

Post by eddie Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:10 pm

Attorney general to consider whether jail terms for Emma Tustin and Thomas Hughes are long enough

The jail sentences given to the couple who killed six-year-old Arthur Labinjo-Hughes are to be reviewed to “determine whether they were too low”, the attorney general has announced.

Arthur was left with an unsurvivable brain injury while in the sole care of his stepmother, Emma Tustin, who was jailed for life on Friday after being convicted of murder.

Tustin’s life sentence carries a minimum term of 29 years, while Arthur’s father, Thomas Hughes, was sentenced to 21 years for manslaughter.

A spokesperson for the Attorney General’s Office (AGO) said the sentences have been referred “for review to determine whether they were too low”.

Arthur died in Solihull, Midlands on 16 June 2020 and his body was found to be covered in 130 bruises.

The six-year-old had been poisoned, starved and beaten in the weeks before his death, the trial at Coventry crown court heard.

A crossbench peer who led the inquiry in 2001 into the death of eight-year-old Victoria Climbié has warned that “marked” cuts to social care funding had taken their toll on child protection services that could have saved Arthur.

Herbert Laming said the reduction in funding for social care in the last 10 years meant children like Arthur, whose abuse and death has shocked the nation, were being missed.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/dec/04/sentences-for-killers-of-arthur-labinjo-hughes-to-be-reviewed-for-leniency

This case has saddened the nation. I didn’t put up the original story as it’s all over the news.
I would hope these people rot in prison for the rest of their miserable, stinking lives.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Sentences for killers of Arthur Labinjo-Hughes to be reviewed for leniency Empty Re: Sentences for killers of Arthur Labinjo-Hughes to be reviewed for leniency

Post by gelico Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:18 pm

eddie wrote:Attorney general to consider whether jail terms for Emma Tustin and Thomas Hughes are long enough

The jail sentences given to the couple who killed six-year-old Arthur Labinjo-Hughes are to be reviewed to “determine whether they were too low”, the attorney general has announced.

Arthur was left with an unsurvivable brain injury while in the sole care of his stepmother, Emma Tustin, who was jailed for life on Friday after being convicted of murder.

Tustin’s life sentence carries a minimum term of 29 years, while Arthur’s father, Thomas Hughes, was sentenced to 21 years for manslaughter.

A spokesperson for the Attorney General’s Office (AGO) said the sentences have been referred “for review to determine whether they were too low”.

Arthur died in Solihull, Midlands on 16 June 2020 and his body was found to be covered in 130 bruises.

The six-year-old had been poisoned, starved and beaten in the weeks before his death, the trial at Coventry crown court heard.

A crossbench peer who led the inquiry in 2001 into the death of eight-year-old Victoria Climbié has warned that “marked” cuts to social care funding had taken their toll on child protection services that could have saved Arthur.

Herbert Laming said the reduction in funding for social care in the last 10 years meant children like Arthur, whose abuse and death has shocked the nation, were being missed.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/dec/04/sentences-for-killers-of-arthur-labinjo-hughes-to-be-reviewed-for-leniency

This case has saddened the nation. I didn’t put up the original story as it’s all over the news.
I would hope these people rot in prison for the rest of their miserable, stinking lives.

oh, eddie, I couldn't even read this story. I've seen bits and I get what happened to him. How utterly heartbreaking to try to imagine his pain and despair at the hands of the people who are meant to love and protect him.

Your last line: My sentiments entirely

gelico
Forum Detective

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Sentences for killers of Arthur Labinjo-Hughes to be reviewed for leniency Empty Re: Sentences for killers of Arthur Labinjo-Hughes to be reviewed for leniency

Post by eddie Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:43 pm

I just can’t wrap my head around it.
And I can’t even think about it too much. It’s just heartbreaking.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

gelico likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:16 pm

Can only agree with what's been said. I couldn't read it all either, read so many stories like this.
I just don't understand people like that being cruel for cruelty's sake.
If they didn't want him - give him up.
I can only hope people inside with them will manage to give them some of what they did to that child. Is that cruel to them, I hope so.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:35 pm

Normally I oppose the death penalty and when it is carried out, I want it to be as humane as possible.

Not for this pair. When I think about what they did to that boy, I feel like I could kill them myself, and make them fucking suffer.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:36 pm

I could happily support a death sentence for evil shits like these.
eddie
eddie

Ben Reilly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down