NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mum threatened to kill son after finding out he was dating a white woman

+2
Maddog
eddie
6 posters

Go down

Mum threatened to kill son after finding out he was dating a white woman Empty Mum threatened to kill son after finding out he was dating a white woman

Post by eddie Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:00 pm

Naveed Raza, 52, pleaded guilty to stalking and using threatening behaviour against her son Mohsin Raza, 27, when she found out he was dating Caralyn Downie.

Mum threatened to kill son after finding out he was dating a white woman 2e230310

A businesswoman who threatened to kill her youngest son as he brought "shame on the family" by dating a "white girl" has been spared jail.

Naveed Raza, the director of an Edinburgh property company, pleaded guilty to stalking her son Mohsin Raza, a 27-year-old pharmacist.

She held a knife at her own throat and told him this would be the "only way" for him to carry on seeing his girlfriend, dispensary assistant Caralyn Downie.

She then bombarded him with texts and subjected him to "emotional blackmail", Falkirk Sheriff Court heard.

Prosecutor Katie Cunningham said: "The family hold Muslim faith and the accompanying cultural traditions.

"Mohsin began a relationship with Miss Downie in March 2019, and this was to be kept secret from his family."

At the time, Mohsin was still living with his parents - Naveed Raza, 52, and 55-year-old Shahid Raza - in Livingston, West Lothian.

Miss Cunningham said that Mohsin realised they had become suspicious around July 2019 after his mother rang his football coach asking what time he had attended training and when it had ended.

He normally met Miss Downie after training.

Miss Cunningham said: "Mohsin discussed this with Miss Downie, and both were even more careful not to be caught."

However on Sunday July 14, 2019, Mohsin returned home having been with Miss Downey.

Miss Cunningham said: "He could see his mother at the window, waiting for him.

"She confronted him and told him the relationship could not continue, and he was 'bringing shame on the family'."

Mohsin refused to end his relationship with Caralyn, whereupon his mother fetched "a large black-handled knife" from the kitchen.

Miss Cunningham said: "She stood in front of Mohsin and held the knife close to her chest pointing towards her chin.

"She told him he should use the knife on her as this was the only way he'd be allowed to continue the relationship.

"She went on to say she could not live with the shame of him being in a relationship with a white girl.

"Mohsin was terrified and was praying that his mother would put down the knife.

"He stood up and placed his hands on her shoulders and pleaded with her not to do anything with the knife."

She put the knife down, and a "visibly upset and frightened" Mohsin went outside and was driven off by Caralyn, who was waiting for him, the court was told.

He then received "a constant bombardment" of texts and messages from his mother, and "various efforts at making him feel guilty through emotional blackmail".

She referred to Miss Downie as a "gori [white] bitch", asking "why disappear with her?"

She added: "Allah kasam, if you don't get back tonight I'll find you and I'll kill you, I'm not joking”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mum-held-knife-throat-threatened-24331722
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Mum threatened to kill son after finding out he was dating a white woman Empty Re: Mum threatened to kill son after finding out he was dating a white woman

Post by Maddog Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:03 pm

I wonder if she will be invited to the wedding? Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Mum threatened to kill son after finding out he was dating a white woman Empty Re: Mum threatened to kill son after finding out he was dating a white woman

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:06 pm

One cannot but help wonder what would have been the reaction had the situation been reversed….
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:11 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:One cannot but help wonder what would have been the reaction had the situation been reversed….

There would have been some time in jail, no doubt.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:14 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:One cannot but help wonder what would have been the reaction had the situation been reversed….

Hand-wringing? Talk of slavery? Talk of racism? A hash-tag group? Much criticism of the NastyWhites?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:33 pm

eddie wrote:

Hand-wringing? Talk of slavery? Talk of racism? A hash-tag group? Much criticism of the NastyWhites?

This “reverse” racism is not new. Twenty years ago my PA - the best I ever worked with - was a highly educated and cultured young woman from St Kitts in the Caribbean and was engaged to a white, high-flying young architect, a match that I would have thought more than acceptable to both families.

And so it was with the young guy’s family who absolutely adored their son’s fiancée. Her family, on the other hand, ostracised her, and her younger brother and his mates harassed her in the street by yelling “whore” and “whitey’s meat” at her.

I lost count of the number of times she came into my office in tears because of the insults.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:40 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
eddie wrote:

This “reverse” racism is not new. Twenty years ago my PA - the best I ever worked with - was a highly educated and cultured young woman from St Kitts in the Caribbean and was engaged to a white, high-flying young architect, a match that I would have thought more than acceptable to both families.

And so it was with the young guy’s family who absolutely adored their son’s fiancée. Her family, on the other hand, ostracised her, and her younger brother and his mates harassed her in the street by yelling “whore” and “whitey’s meat” at her.

I lost count of the number of times she came into my office in tears because of the insults.

I come from London, raised there in the 70’s and 80’s.....believe me, I know.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:43 pm

A member of any race can be racist against any other race -- I'm surprised at how many people don't seem to know that.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:46 pm

eddie wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Eddie, m’dear, you cannot POSSIBLY have been around in the 70’s and 80’s….
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:51 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:A member of any race can be racist against any other race -- I'm surprised at how many people don't seem to know that.

Depends who you ask.

I just listened to a friend — who happens to be a Black man — say that, “if you see a Black person being racist to a White person, you need to speak up.”

And I’m like, “Whoa. Wait. What?”

Black people can’t be racist.

Don’t get me wrong — Black people can be many things:
Black people can be prejudiced. Black people can be discriminatory. Black people can be mean. Black people can be cruel. Black people can be ignorant. Black people can be stupid. But Black people cannot be racist.

I can almost hear the counter-arguments:

“But what if a Black person denies a job to a White person just because they’re White? Or if a Black doctor doesn’t treat their patients of colour with fairness?” I mean that’s wrong. That’s flat out wrong. That’s discrimination. That’s prejudice. But it’s not racism.

All things being considered equal (which they aren’t), anyone can (i.e. has the ability to) be racist in theory.

What I’m saying, however, is that Black people can’t — as a matter of principle and practice — be racist. When I say “can’t”, it’s an intellectual, logical or theoretical appeal as opposed to referring to inherent ability or capacity.

https://simonesamuels.medium.com/no-black-people-cant-be-racist-eb6fddd18603
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:38 am

I know a young asian man who prefers to date white women, his dad refers to them all as prostitutes, for the simple reason that they are white.

Racism comes in all colours.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:21 am

Syl wrote:I know a young asian man who prefers to date white women, his dad refers to them all as prostitutes, for the simple reason that they are white.

Agreed. Asians and Muslims are high on their no-otherism druthers. Muslims are particularly disparaging...look and the treatment of white women, whom they consider morally beneath them. Case in point is the OP...no surprise, that.

And I can tell from experience about Asians...San Francisco is one of the largest populations of Asians in North America. I went to school with them...they are highly insular.

The issue isn't always who won't mix, but why. Frankly, Asians and Muslims tend to look down on white westerners as culturally inferior. African-Americans wish only to blend in - the melting pot thesis - as other European immigrants have done.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:52 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
eddie wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Eddie, m’dear, you cannot POSSIBLY have been around in the 70’s and 80’s….

Of course not! I’m only 22 years old. Cool
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:53 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:I know a young asian man who prefers to date white women, his dad refers to them all as prostitutes, for the simple reason that they are white.

Agreed.  Asians and Muslims are high on their no-otherism druthers.  Muslims are particularly disparaging...look and the treatment of white women, whom they consider morally beneath them.  Case in point is the OP...no surprise, that.

And I can tell from experience about Asians...San Francisco is one of the largest populations of Asians in North America.  I went to school with them...they are highly insular.

The issue isn't always who won't mix, but why.  Frankly, Asians and Muslims tend to look down on white westerners as culturally inferior.  African-Americans wish only to blend in - the melting pot thesis - as other European immigrants have done.

In my experience in Texas, speaking quite generally, whites and blacks get along pretty well and tend to regard one another as "original" Americans. East Asian groups are quite insular, but more out of a cultural shyness -- most of them originated in Vietnam and learned to distrust the corrupt regimes and police, so they keep their heads down -- but now they're becoming more open, running for public office, etc.

Muslims are still fairly insular in Texas, but I've met some very open, warm and friendly Muslims there. Mexicans are probably my favorite minority group as a whole, because in general they don't really give a shit -- they still do their thing, but are also more than happy to mix with anybody.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:59 pm

In the UK, most minority groups of all ages mix pretty well, apart from the Jewish community. They tend to stick to those in their own Jewish community.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:14 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Agreed.  Asians and Muslims are high on their no-otherism druthers.  Muslims are particularly disparaging...look and the treatment of white women, whom they consider morally beneath them.  Case in point is the OP...no surprise, that.

And I can tell from experience about Asians...San Francisco is one of the largest populations of Asians in North America.  I went to school with them...they are highly insular.

The issue isn't always who won't mix, but why.  Frankly, Asians and Muslims tend to look down on white westerners as culturally inferior.  African-Americans wish only to blend in - the melting pot thesis - as other European immigrants have done.

In my experience in Texas, speaking quite generally, whites and blacks get along pretty well and tend to regard one another as "original" Americans. East Asian groups are quite insular, but more out of a cultural shyness -- most of them originated in Vietnam and learned to distrust the corrupt regimes and police, so they keep their heads down -- but now they're becoming more open, running for public office, etc.

Muslims are still fairly insular in Texas, but I've met some very open, warm and friendly Muslims there. Mexicans are probably my favorite minority group as a whole, because in general they don't really give a shit -- they still do their thing, but are also more than happy to mix with anybody.

Muslims differ by ethnicity and nationality.

I've dated a Muslim Albanian and you would never know she was Muslim. She identified more as an Albanian.

I agree with you in terms of Hispanics. They are the most outgoing and friendly people around regardless of ethnicity. They still have a little problem with machismo now and then but I just ignore it. It's just part of their culture and their women know how to deal with that nonsense.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:44 pm

eddie wrote:In the UK, most minority groups of all ages mix pretty well, apart from the Jewish community. They tend to stick to those in their own Jewish community.

It's interesting how different people in different areas experience, well...differences. Cool

I have found, since the 70's when Jewish people did seem to stick , and definitely to marry their own, they now mix well with everyone.
Even when they didn't mix as much they always seemed to have a friendly attitude and certainly no distrust to others. My mum worked for Jews back in the 50's and 60's, they were brilliant to her and us. She was invited to their kids bar mitzvahs etc.

My own experience with Muslims, and I live amongst some of them, is, they don't like to mix, they don't want their children to mix, and they are aloof and unfriendly to other none Muslims.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down