NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prince Charles 'deeply hurt' by Prince Harry's claims in The Me You Can't See series with Oprah Winfrey

+4
Syl
Maddog
Ben Reilly
eddie
8 posters

Go down

Prince Charles 'deeply hurt' by Prince Harry's claims in The Me You Can't See series with Oprah Winfrey Empty Prince Charles 'deeply hurt' by Prince Harry's claims in The Me You Can't See series with Oprah Winfrey

Post by eddie Sat May 22, 2021 9:40 pm

Prince Charles is said to be 'deeply hurt' by further claims Prince Harry made on his and Oprah Winfrey's docuseries called The Me You Can't See.

The Apple TV+ documentary featured several celebrities including Lady Gaga and Glenn Close opening up about mental health. Prince Harry also sat down with Oprah Winfrey to discuss his shock and pain following Princess Diana's death.

The Duke of Sussex claimed that the Royal family did nothing to help him because of their own old-fashioned ways and that he only took up therapy four years ago, after meeting his wife Meghan Markle.

He accused his family of not speaking about Diana's death and expecting him to just deal with the resulting press attention and mental distress when he was just a young teen. He also said that Prince Charles told him life as a royal would be difficult as it was for him.

"My father used to say to me when I was younger, he used to say to both William and I, 'Well it was like that for me so it's going to be like that for you'," Harry told Oprah.

"That doesn't make sense. Just because you suffered doesn't mean that your kids have to suffer, in fact quite the opposite.

"If you suffered, do everything you can to make sure that whatever negative experiences you had, that you can make it right for your kids," he added.

Harry objected to the royals encouraging him to "play the game", telling the host: "I've got a hell of a lot of my mum in me.

"The only way to free yourself and break out is to tell the truth."

The claims are said to have left Prince Charles deeply hurt and frustrated that he cannot respond publicly.

A royal source told The Sun that the Prince of Wales' relationship with Prince Harry is at its lowest ever point.

They also claimed that the Duke of Sussex is trying to "villainise" his father.

They said: "Charles is just at a loss about what to do.

"Harry doesn’t seem to take into account that parenting styles have radically changed over recent years, especially the role a father plays.

“It’s just so wounding to him (Charles), he’s a sensitive man and these personal attacks hurt deeply. He can’t understand why Harry is doing this to him."

The source added that, due to Prince Charles being unable to respond, Prince Harry has "carte blanche to say what he likes about his father".

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/uk-world-news/prince-charles-deeply-hurt-prince-5446123
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Prince Charles 'deeply hurt' by Prince Harry's claims in The Me You Can't See series with Oprah Winfrey Empty Re: Prince Charles 'deeply hurt' by Prince Harry's claims in The Me You Can't See series with Oprah Winfrey

Post by eddie Sat May 22, 2021 9:41 pm

Can I just add, as a small aside, that I cannot stand Oprah Winfrey.

There, I feel better now.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Prince Charles 'deeply hurt' by Prince Harry's claims in The Me You Can't See series with Oprah Winfrey Empty Re: Prince Charles 'deeply hurt' by Prince Harry's claims in The Me You Can't See series with Oprah Winfrey

Post by Ben Reilly Sat May 22, 2021 10:33 pm

Why can't Charles say anything publicly?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun May 23, 2021 12:07 am

I think Harry likes to whine.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 23, 2021 12:16 am

I’m not sure what’s going on with him to be honest. He seems to have gone a bit blabby-mouthed since he hooked up with that stupid, sycophantic Oprah.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 23, 2021 1:08 am

I think you have to look at Prince Charles upbringing to understand his parenting style.
He was brought up by nannies, carted off to private schools, and he obviously did go without the sort of parental love and affection Harry is craving for.
Diana gave it because she was naturally warm,  sadly she died when Harry was most in need of it.

Harry only seemed sad and troubled and unable to stop moaning since he hooked up with  his naval grazing  wife.

She herself has come from a very dysfunctional family, yet she doesn't speak about hers, but is very happy to talk ....and encourage him to talk, openly and disparagingly about his.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun May 23, 2021 1:19 am

Syl wrote:I think you have to look at Prince Charles upbringing to understand his parenting style.
He was brought up by nannies, carted off to private schools, and he obviously did go without the sort of parental love and affection Harry is craving for.
Diana gave it because she was naturally warm,  sadly she died when Harry was most in need of it.

Harry only seemed sad and troubled and unable to stop moaning since he hooked up with  his naval grazing  wife.

She herself has come from a very dysfunctional family, yet she doesn't speak about hers, but is very happy to talk ....and encourage him to talk, openly and disparagingly about his.

Yeah, I don't think Me Again has been real helpful for Harry.

But sometimes auccesful couples have what we would consider an odd dance.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 23, 2021 1:23 am

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:I think you have to look at Prince Charles upbringing to understand his parenting style.

That's true, odd couplings can often thrive, look at you and Quill for eg. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Maddog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun May 23, 2021 1:24 am

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Isn't it past your bedtime?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 23, 2021 1:29 am

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Almost, but i often have a flash of brilliance just before i retire.Cool

Night Oscar. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun May 23, 2021 1:35 am

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Night  Oscar. Razz

Haha!!
That's not brilliance, that's confusion.

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 23, 2021 12:14 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

Night  Oscar. Razz

Haha!!

I was tired, sorry....I meant Felix. Wink
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 23, 2021 12:37 pm

Now, understandably, the Queen is deeply saddened by what Harry is saying.

She has devoted her life to her country, possibly at the expense of her family, but she made her choice when she was a girl and stuck with it...admirably.

What a terrible shame that as she nears the end of her own life, having just lost the support of her husband of 73 years, she is seeing the way her grandchild is dragging the Royal name down.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/05/23/queen-deeply-upset-by-harrys-very-personal-attacks-on-royal-family-14629300/

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun May 23, 2021 1:56 pm

Harry needs to shut up being a whiny little bitch.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun May 23, 2021 2:04 pm

“Controlling behaviour is a range of acts designed to make a person subordinate and/or dependent by isolating them from sources of support, exploiting their resources and capacities for personal gain, depriving them of the means needed for independence, resistance and escape and regulating their everyday behaviour.”

One of the most common red flags of an abusive relationship is isolation, or being cut off from family, friends, and activities. This isolation may form slowly as the relationship develops, and can sometimes be difficult to spot.

Anyone think this sounds like what Meghan is doing to Harry?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 23, 2021 2:28 pm

Possibly, though we are not in the marriage so we only know what we see from the outside looking in.
My opinion is...Harry was obviously deeply distressed by how his mother was treated, it's well publicised that she tried to kill herself more than once. One time she was pregnant....just as Meghan was when she first confided to Harry she was having suicidal thoughts, and just like Diana said, Meghan also said had no one to turn to?

Coincidence or manipuation?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun May 23, 2021 2:35 pm

Manipulation is also a big part of controlling/abusive relationships.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun May 23, 2021 3:32 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Harry needs to shut up being a whiny little bitch.

Now, it seems that lil Chuckie is the whiny little bitch here. Gawd help us when he becomes king.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 23, 2021 4:49 pm

The problem with the royals is, when they close ranks and don't speak out, which was always the norm, they were cold, heartless and almost inhuman....now they do, they are whiny little bitches. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun May 23, 2021 5:20 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Haha!!

I was tired, sorry....I  meant Felix. Wink

You were right.

I would have to be Oscar.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun May 23, 2021 5:22 pm

Syl wrote:The problem with the royals is, when they close ranks and don't speak out, which was always the norm, they were cold, heartless and almost inhuman....now they do, they are whiny little bitches. Rolling Eyes

I like the OG royals.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 23, 2021 5:59 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:The problem with the royals is, when they close ranks and don't speak out, which was always the norm, they were cold, heartless and almost inhuman....now they do, they are whiny little bitches. Rolling Eyes

I like the OG royals.  

Older generation?
Obviously gormless?
Opulently gowned?

Which is it??
scratch
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun May 23, 2021 6:11 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Harry needs to shut up being a whiny little bitch.

Now, it seems that lil Chuckie is the whiny little bitch here.  Gawd help us when he becomes king.

Gawd has no need to help you folk, Quill...you colonial ingrates ditched the Hanoverian George the Turd (sorry, George 111) and laid the grounds for the rise of President Trump, and the prospect of Charlie sending a couple of regiments of Redcoats to take back his colony is somewhat remote.

Here, back in dear old Blighty, there is a growing groundswell of public opinion that the survival of the monarchy could well depend on Charles (already an old man) and Camilla (who has never really attracted loyalty and affection in spite of playing a commendably straight bat) standing aside from the succession and retiring to Balmoral (Wee Bernie, President of the Democratic People’s Republic of Scotland permitting) to open fetes and watch big hairy Scotsmen in kilts tossing their cabers and hurling iron balls all over the place.

William had the good sense to marry “a commoner” instead of some obscure grand duchess from an irrelevant European nobility, and he and the utterly delightful Kate could well put an end to the aspirations of Britain’s vociferous republicans.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun May 23, 2021 6:20 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I like the OG royals.  

Older generation?
Obviously gormless?
Opulently gowned?

Which is it??
scratch

https://www.cyberdefinitions.com/definitions/OG.html
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 23, 2021 6:24 pm

I think the public would have loved Camilla if only she hadn't been the one who made Diana's life so unbearable....though obviously that was down to Charles too, but he has always seemed so weak.
Pity Anne couldn't have been the first born, she would have made a brilliant successor to the queen, so allowing the queen to have had a peaceful well earned retirement.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 23, 2021 6:26 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

Older generation?
Obviously gormless?
Opulently gowned?

Which is it??
scratch

Ahhh....you preferred the head choppers then?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun May 23, 2021 6:29 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

A little before my time.

But I'm thinking there was less whining back then too. Cool

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun May 23, 2021 6:36 pm

Syl wrote:I think the public would have loved Camilla if only she hadn't been the one who made Diana's life so unbearable....though obviously that was down to Charles too, but he has always  seemed so weak.
Pity Anne couldn't have been the first born, she would have made a brilliant successor to the queen, so allowing the queen to have had a peaceful well earned retirement.

I agree, the end of primogeniture was introduced a few years too late. Anne 1st would have made a superb Queen in my humble opinion.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun May 23, 2021 7:07 pm

eddie wrote:Can I just add, as a small aside, that I cannot stand Oprah Winfrey.

She's been a twat to some folks.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun May 23, 2021 7:32 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Syl wrote:I think the public would have loved Camilla if only she hadn't been the one who made Diana's life so unbearable....though obviously that was down to Charles too, but he has always  seemed so weak.

I agree, the end of primogeniture was introduced a few years too late. Anne 1st would have made a superb Queen in my humble opinion.

The old law was to the effect that the male off-spring must be exhausted before a daughter takes the throne. Now, as a result of the Succession to the Crown Act 2013, the sons and daughters of any future UK monarch will have equal right to the throne. https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2013/20/pdfs/ukpga_20130020_en.pdf

Under the Succession to the Crown Act 2013, Will and Kate's daughter Princess Charlotte will be the first to have her rank changed...of course, that will be after that of Prince George, the first born. Charlotte will rank above her younger brother, Louis.

This alters Salic Law, which under orthodox interpretation, allowed only sons to inherit the crown...as it was in France. Had the Succession to the Crown Act 2013 been the law in bygone years:

* Margaret Tudor would have succeeded Henry VII in 1509, denying the throne to her younger brother, who became Henry VIII. That raises the prospect that Henry VIII would not have been responsible for the greatest example of Euroscepticism: the break with Rome in 1533.

* Elizabeth Stuart, the Winter Queen of Bohemia, would have succeeded her father James I in 1625 instead of Charles I. The civil war, in which Charles was executed, might have been avoided.

* Queen Victoria's daughter, Princess Victoria, would have succeeded in January 1901, rather than Edward VII. The new queen would have died less than seven months later, handing the throne to Kaiser Wilhelm II. Britain would have been ruled by the German emperor during the first world war.

Of course, it must be pointed out that the crown has been in German hands since George Louis I, anyway. The first German monarch to marry an English consort was George VI, father of Elizabeth II, and he would not even have inherited the throne absent the abdication of his brother, Edward VIII.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 23, 2021 7:35 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

A little before my time.

But I'm thinking there was less whining back then too.   Cool  

Hard to whine if your head is missing. What a Face
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Maddog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun May 23, 2021 7:36 pm

Syl wrote:Possibly, though we are not in the marriage so we only know what we see from the outside looking in.
My opinion is...Harry was obviously deeply distressed by how his mother was treated, it's well publicised that she tried to kill herself more than once. One time she was pregnant....just as Meghan was when she first confided to Harry she was having suicidal thoughts, and just like Diana said, Meghan also  said had no one to turn to?

Coincidence or manipuation?

Manipulation. Everything she does is calculating and self serving. Why do I think that? Because the minutiae of her behaviour says so.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 23, 2021 7:39 pm

To manipulate him using the sad memories he has of his mother is pretty unforgivable...if indeed that IS what she is doing.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun May 23, 2021 7:51 pm

Syl wrote:To manipulate him using the sad memories he has of his mother is pretty unforgivable...if indeed that IS what she is doing.

We'll never know, will we? Unless something comes out of the woodwork regarding her past. She's mad crazy on pulling the race card when she wants to...conveniently forgetting the white half of her as though it doesn't exist. She ditched the white part of her family too. In today's 'woke' BLM herd mentality I guess it's so much more expedient for her to go full black.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 23, 2021 8:04 pm

She certainly seems obsessed with colour.

The silly part is though, when she first appeared on the scene here she was well liked....and she was the same colour then as she is now.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun May 23, 2021 9:29 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

The old law was to the effect that the male off-spring must be exhausted before a daughter takes the throne.  Now, as a result of the Succession to the Crown Act 2013, the sons and daughters of any future UK monarch will have equal right to the throne.  https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2013/20/pdfs/ukpga_20130020_en.pdf

Under the Succession to the Crown Act 2013, Will and Kate's daughter Princess Charlotte will be the first to have her rank changed...of course, that will be after that of Prince George, the first born.  Charlotte will rank above her younger brother, Louis.

This alters Salic Law, which under orthodox interpretation, allowed only sons to inherit the crown...as it was in France.  Had the Succession to the Crown Act 2013 been the law in bygone years:

* Margaret Tudor would have succeeded Henry VII in 1509, denying the throne to her younger brother, who became Henry VIII. That raises the prospect that Henry VIII would not have been responsible for the greatest example of Euroscepticism: the break with Rome in 1533.

* Elizabeth Stuart, the Winter Queen of Bohemia, would have succeeded her father James I in 1625 instead of Charles I. The civil war, in which Charles was executed, might have been avoided.

* Queen Victoria's daughter, Princess Victoria, would have succeeded in January 1901, rather than Edward VII. The new queen would have died less than seven months later, handing the throne to Kaiser Wilhelm II. Britain would have been ruled by the German emperor during the first world war.

Of course, it must be pointed out that the crown has been in German hands since George Louis I, anyway.  The first German monarch to marry an English consort was George VI, father of Elizabeth II, and he would not even have inherited the throne absent the abdication of his brother, Edward VIII.

My new great grand daughter is a descendant of the brother of Richard, Duke of Normandy and a kinsman of William the Conqueror. Just think, had things been different I could have been great grandpa to a future Queen of England!
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon May 24, 2021 4:14 am

But it wouldn't have changed history. Sorry, Fred. Wink

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Mon May 24, 2021 12:31 pm

Original Quill wrote:But it wouldn't have changed history.  Sorry, Fred.  Wink

Maybe not, but I could have dined out on it for years! 😂
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 28, 2021 10:39 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
eddie wrote:Can I just add, as a small aside, that I cannot stand Oprah Winfrey.

She’s sycophantic. She’s a kiss-ass. I really don’t like her at all, and I don’t really say that about many people.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun May 30, 2021 10:14 pm

eddie wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

She’s sycophantic. She’s a kiss-ass. I really don’t like her at all, and I don’t really say that about many people.

I'll bet she's tight as a crab's arse with her money too
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun May 30, 2021 10:17 pm

Back on the subject of Haz. He's managing to alienate both sides of the pond now.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon May 31, 2021 12:41 am

HoratioTarr wrote:Back on the subject of Haz.    He's managing to alienate both sides of the pond now.

This is why it would have been better if the Canadians took those two refugees.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down