NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oooops.

+2
Maddog
Syl
6 posters

Go down

Oooops. Empty Oooops.

Post by Syl Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:55 am

Embarassed

"A devastating video of a young man proposing to his girlfriend has gone viral on TikTok after she brutally rejected his hand in marriage in front of a busy shopping mall.

The video depicts a woman walking away from a man donning a bright green Ben 10 coat (yes, from the kids’ TV show), on one knee in the Menlo Park Mall food court in New Jersey.

The girl, who had reportedly been with the man for three years promptly rejects him and walks away much to the shock of all the onlookers.

The man, who Daily Dot reports is a YouTuber going by the name of Matt10, is visibly distraught at what happened to him is consoled by a few people who saw the incident.

The video, which was originally shared on TikTok, has garnered over 7.7 million views and has since been shared on Twitter."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/news/devastating-video-shows-man-s-marriage-proposal-brutally-rejected-in-front-of-a-busy-shopping-mall/ar-BB1f1EUl?ocid=msedgntp
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Oooops. Empty Re: Oooops.

Post by Syl Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:07 pm

I watched the video a couple of times and it does seem like the lad is genuine.

I found it pretty sad tbh....everything is done for the camera nowadays, but what should have been a really happy video to look back on with fond memories, turned out to be a nightmare for that poor lad.

My OH did the down on one knee gesture in public too...it takes some nerve. Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:34 pm

Maybe the next time I propose I will get lucky like this guy. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:16 pm

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:57 pm

Maddog wrote:Maybe the next time I propose I will get lucky like this guy. Cool

Hahaha...actually he was lucky.

Anyone who can humiliate someone like that cant be a very nice person. Hopefully he will pick his next girlfriend with more care.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Maddog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:15 am

Perhaps he didn’t see the warning signs that she really wasn’t interested in him enough or she wasn’t ready for marriage?

Seems to me, either she was a brilliant liar and led him on or he was too dense to see the writing on the wall.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:02 pm

eddie wrote:Perhaps he didn’t see the warning signs that she really wasn’t interested in him enough or she wasn’t ready for marriage?

Seems to me, either she was a brilliant liar and led him on or he was too dense to see the writing on the wall.

Probably both.
She had been accepting presents from him, spending his money for him, and no doubt leading him on.
He obviously has a lot of growing up to do, hopefully he will be a bit more savvy by the time he next gets into a relationship.

I cant help feeling how sad I would be if that was my son or grandson. Crying or Very sad
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:44 pm

Syl wrote:She had been accepting presents from him, spending his money for him, and no doubt leading him on.

People make assumptions, without thinking about it. I remember when a wealthy client asked me to meet him in this expensive cocktail lounge, after work, to sign some documents. He was the type who liked to surround himself with 'costly' women, and other hangers-on.

At one point, he got up to take a phone call. One of the women looked at me and said, "I'm going to order another drink." I knew she assumed that the 'man at the table' would pay for it.

I shrugged and said, Do what you want, it’s not my party. I don't know what she did after the client came back, but she didn't order another while I was there. I left when business was done.

I don't know why that exchange sticks in my mind. But it is indicative of the assumptions that people make. At least she asked.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:28 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:She had been accepting presents from him, spending his money for him, and no doubt leading him on.

People make assumptions, without thinking about it.  I remember when a wealthy client asked me to meet him in this expensive cocktail lounge, after work, to sign some documents.  He was the type who liked to surround himself with 'costly' women, and other hangers-on.

At one point, he got up to take a phone call.  One of the women looked at me and said, "I'm going to order another drink."  I knew she assumed that the 'man at the table' would pay for it.

I shrugged and said, Do what you want, it’s not my party.  I don't know what she did after the client came back, but she didn't order another while I was there.  I left when business was done.

I don't know why that exchange sticks in my mind.   But it is indicative of the assumptions that people make.  At least she asked.

That's interesting, and I know that has always happened,  for some reason SOME women automatically expect a man to pay for the things she wants.

When I dated in the 70's, it was always the norm for men (a real date, not some random man sat at the same table as you were) to pay for drinks, meals etc, and to be honest I was never comfortable with that. I always offered to pay my share, I never wanted to be one of the women who sort of scrounged off men just because I could.
Nowadays I think it's more accepted amongst younger ones that male and female go halves.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:35 pm

What galled me was, she knew I wasn't there socially.  It was obvious when I brought out the file, and handed my client the papers.  But, for her, IT WAS ANY MAN AT THE TABLE.  Christ...she would have made the waiter pay before she brought out her purse.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:46 pm

Original Quill wrote:What galled me was, she knew I wasn't there socially.  It was obvious when I brought out the file, and handed my client the papers.  But, for her, IT WAS ANY MAN AT THE TABLE.  Christ...she would have made the waiter pay before she brought out her purse.

Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:09 pm

Another Oooops moment.

Beauty Queen has her crown forcibly removed from her head and given to the runner up after the present holder announces she is divorced, and divorced women are not entitled to the crown.

It was later said she was not divorced at all. Her crown has been reinstated.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/mrs-sri-lanka-beauty-queen-injured-after-crown-snatched-from-head-over-divorce-claims/ar-BB1fnMtI?ocid=msedgdhp
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:39 pm

Syl wrote:Another Oooops moment.

Beauty Queen has her crown forcibly removed from her head and given to the runner up after the present holder announces she is divorced, and divorced women are not entitled to the crown.

It was later said she was not divorced at all.  Her crown has been reinstated.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/mrs-sri-lanka-beauty-queen-injured-after-crown-snatched-from-head-over-divorce-claims/ar-BB1fnMtI?ocid=msedgdhp

Apparently she was reinstated. I'd have crowned that bitch with my crown!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:01 am

Smacks of jealousy to me.....Mrs Sri Lanka World 2020 has now been interviewed by the police, seems she is also being sued by this years winner.....good.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum