NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy birthday Cass!

+6
Cass
Maddog
Original Quill
Syl
Didgee
eddie
10 posters

Go down

Happy birthday Cass!  Empty Happy birthday Cass!

Post by eddie Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:11 am

Have a lovely day, beautiful lady. I hope your day is filled with fun, family and cookies!

Lots of love to you xxx
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Cass likes this post

Back to top Go down

Happy birthday Cass!  Empty Re: Happy birthday Cass!

Post by Didgee Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:56 am

Happy Birthday Me Lady x

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Cass likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:05 pm

Have a great day Cass, I baked you a cake. Happy birthday Cass!  3350646086

Happy birthday Cass!  R9ef9010
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Cass likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:06 pm

Happy birthday Cass!  Cass-3

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Cass likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:07 pm

Happy Birthday!!!
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Cass likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:13 pm

Thanks guys. Means a lot.

So update: it’s been a real strange year hasn’t it? This time last year I was scoffing my second full English breakfast over there. We came home and whammo.

Been very busy at work doing curbside services which is great. Hard work but worth it for the patrons. Had a smashing Summer Reading and lunch program for 48 kids which was amazing. Took myself off a lot of social media sites just for the sake of my mental health. You wouldn’t believe the nastiness that arose in library, music and cooking groups What a Face Plus I was spending so much time on a computer that my eyes went wonky and had to have a quick day surgery on both of them (much easier than the cataract surgeries).

We got junior junior home from England in September and he’s been living at home. He submitted his master’s thesis in December and is now applying for jobs which is both hard and weird during COVID, but it’s nice to have a dishwasher emptier Laughing

Have seen senior junior a few times and the granddaughter ( yes Syl she is 18 months old and full of beans! If I have to watch Rio 2 for the gazillionth time I will go insanse!). Mr. C is restricted on travel because of his work so we don’t do much at home. I’m currently up in Phoenix for the weekend as I brought my grand dog home after senior had ACL surgery last month when I came up for a week to help out, so it’s nice to spend it with them. Mr. C and junior are playing golf all 3 days back at home and living in takeout Rolling Eyes

I’ve applied for a new job as a director of a library so it’s a step up both professionally and money wise and a much shorter commute. Had a interview on Wednesday so hope to hear this week. Interview went very well.

Have done a lot of cooking and some bread baking during our self imposed sort of lockdown. Sourdough is still my bete noire though. I honestly wish we had lockdown like you guys have had because quite frankly it’s out of control here. We’ve both been exposed by his students and my patrons but so far we’ve been negative and luckily it happened last year so we were paid during our 2 quarantine periods.  We had planned on coming back to Scotland in April to sprinkle my FIL’s ashes in his 80th birthday but alas, that will have to wait.

So in a bit we are going for breakfast at a Jewish deli and then sushi for dinner tonight. My first time in a restaurant in almost a year! I feel positively giddy!

Wishing you all a very happy day filled with peace and love. And yes Eddie, there will be cookies I love you
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Original Quill and Syl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:24 pm

Happ birthday!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Cass likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:26 pm

Cass wrote:Thanks guys. Means a lot.

So update: it’s been a real strange year hasn’t it? This time last year I was scoffing my second full English breakfast over there. We came home and whammo.

Been very busy at work doing curbside services which is great. Hard work but worth it for the patrons. Had a smashing Summer Reading and lunch program for 48 kids which was amazing. Took myself off a lot of social media sites just for the sake of my mental health. You wouldn’t believe the nastiness that arose in library, music and cooking groups What a Face Plus I was spending so much time on a computer that my eyes went wonky and had to have a quick day surgery on both of them (much easier than the cataract surgeries).

We got junior junior home from England in September and he’s been living at home. He submitted his master’s thesis in December and is now applying for jobs which is both hard and weird during COVID, but it’s nice to have a dishwasher emptier Laughing

Have seen senior junior a few times and the granddaughter ( yes Syl she is 18 months old and full of beans! If I have to watch Rio 2 for the gazillionth time I will go insanse!). Mr. C is restricted on travel because of his work so we don’t do much at home. I’m currently up in Phoenix for the weekend as I brought my grand dog home after senior had ACL surgery last month when I came up for a week to help out, so it’s nice to spend it with them. Mr. C and junior are playing golf all 3 days back at home and living in takeout Rolling Eyes

I’ve applied for a new job as a director of a library so it’s a step up both professionally and money wise and a much shorter commute. Had a interview on Wednesday so hope to hear this week. Interview went very well.

Have done a lot of cooking and some bread baking during our self imposed sort of lockdown. Sourdough is still my bete noire though. I honestly wish we had lockdown like you guys have had because quite frankly it’s out of control here. We’ve both been exposed by his students and my patrons but so far we’ve been negative and luckily it happened last year so we were paid during our 2 quarantine periods.  We had planned on coming back to Scotland in April to sprinkle my FIL’s ashes in his 80th birthday but alas, that will have to wait.

So in a bit we are going for breakfast at a Jewish deli and then sushi for dinner tonight. My first time in a restaurant in almost a year! I feel positively giddy!

Wishing you all a very happy day filled with peace and love. And yes Eddie, there will be cookies I love you

You have certainly packed a lot into your last year Cass.
Good luck with the new job opportunity, fingers crossed it goes well.
Lucky you seeing your family, especially that gorgeous grand daughter...I think the worst thing about the restrictions here is not being able to hug (or even meet) loved ones, I have seen my grandson twice in almost a year.

Hopefully all this will be over soon, till then you take care of yourself, it's really lovely to hear about all you have fit into the last year. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Cass likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:52 am

Happy belated birthday, Cass!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Cass likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:39 pm

aw, lovely cass. it's great to see you again

thanks for the update on everything and good luck with the job. hope you get good news tomorrow.

also happy belated birthday

xxx

gelico
Forum Detective

Cass likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:11 pm

Cass, happy birthday, a bit late but I hope you had a great day.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Cass likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:37 am

Again thanks all.

Today is 31 years of wedded bliss for me and Mr. C. We got each a pest control visit Laughing (we do it quarterly but had it done today as we both took the day off just to lounge around). Don’t tell me we don’t know how to celebrate! We will have a bottle of something bubbly at the weekend. Mum treated us to takeout from the posh place we like, so I got a beautiful lobster roll and truffle fries and have a fresh creme brûlée with fresh berries waiting.

And here’s the princess I love you Happy birthday Cass!  F6724f10
Happy birthday Cass!  5efb1b10
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Didgee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:18 am

Xlnt party. Beautiful, happy grandchild. Life couldn't be better. Laughing

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Cass likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:35 pm

Oh my...what a beauty, I love you I love you I love you ...and I don't mean the lobster roll.

Happy Anniversary Mr and Mrs Cass. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Cass likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down