NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kids say the funniest things.

Go down

Kids say the funniest things. Empty Kids say the funniest things.

Post by Syl on Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:11 pm

Following on from the funny vids that Didge sometimes posts, where kids innocently say funny things, do you have any anecdotes from the kids in your own family?

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 20992
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Kids say the funniest things. Empty Re: Kids say the funniest things.

Post by Syl on Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:17 pm

I will start...

My grandson from being tiny always loved fruit. I always have a full fruit bowl, and as soon as he toddled in he would head for it and pick a piece of fruit to eat.
One day I looked in the bowl and there was a pear with a bite taken out and he was eating another one....so I held the discarded one up and said to him "What's this then?"
From then on he always called a pear a 'whatsthisthen' fruit.

Also, same grandson, couldn't say grandad when he was little, it was always grandang......he still refers to him as that, even writes it on the cards he sends, and he is now 23. Laughing

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 20992
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Kids say the funniest things. Empty Re: Kids say the funniest things.

Post by Didgee on Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:52 pm

Syl wrote:I will start...

My grandson from being tiny always loved fruit. I always have a full fruit bowl, and as soon as he toddled  in he would head for it and pick a piece of fruit to eat.
One day I looked in the bowl and there was a pear with a bite taken out and he was eating another one....so I held the discarded one up and said to him "What's this then?"
From then on he always called a pear a 'whatsthisthen' fruit.

Also, same grandson, couldn't say grandad when he was little, it was always grandang......he still refers to him as that, even writes it on the cards he sends, and he is now 23. Laughing

+1

Lovely story Syl

Didgee

Posts : 513
Join date : 2020-06-09

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Kids say the funniest things. Empty Re: Kids say the funniest things.

Post by Syl on Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:19 pm

Didgee wrote:
Syl wrote:I will start...

My grandson from being tiny always loved fruit. I always have a full fruit bowl, and as soon as he toddled  in he would head for it and pick a piece of fruit to eat.
One day I looked in the bowl and there was a pear with a bite taken out and he was eating another one....so I held the discarded one up and said to him "What's this then?"
From then on he always called a pear a 'whatsthisthen' fruit.

Also, same grandson, couldn't say grandad when he was little, it was always grandang......he still refers to him as that, even writes it on the cards he sends, and he is now 23. Laughing

+1

Lovely story Syl

Thank you....hopefully others will have some good ones too, we could all do with a laugh right now, x

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 20992
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Kids say the funniest things. Empty Re: Kids say the funniest things.

Post by Original Quill on Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:21 pm

My grandson approached me and asked, Why are peas so holy around Christmas time?

I responded, I didn't know that they were...where did you get that idea?

He said, Well, the song says we hafta "sleep in heavenly peas".

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"What's yours is mine, and what's mine is mine." ― Old Republican proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars (1993).

Original Quill

Posts : 34437
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 55
Location : Northern California

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Kids say the funniest things. Empty Re: Kids say the funniest things.

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:54 pm

When my stepdaughter had to write her letter of support for my visa application, she sat down with her pen and paper, looked at me and said, "My brain is just a loading screen right now. Just a little circle spinning round and round."

_________________
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.”

– George Bernard Shaw
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Posts : 29507
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 45
Location : London metropolitan area

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Kids say the funniest things. Empty Re: Kids say the funniest things.

Post by eddie on Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:04 pm

I record in my notebook, funny things my kids say.

Here’s one I’ll share with you, my daughter was about six years old:

Jas: There’s a boy called Fred in my class and he’s really ugly. I’m serious.

Me: You know, it’s not really nice to call people ugly.

Jas: Well he is! I’m not lying! He looks like an old man with a crooked nose and that’s ugly fam.

I shoot her a look.

Jas: He should work in Santa’s grotto as an elf....

I shoot her a second look and this one is loaded with menace.

Jas: Well, anyway, I wouldn’t marry him if he was the last man on the planet!

Me: Fred may well grow up to be the most handsome man you’ve ever seen.

Jas: Well I still wouldn’t marry him....know why? He sounds like a girl when he talks and if I wanted to marry a man with a woman’s voice I’d just marry a woman!

_________________
”Do I contradict myself? Very well; I contradict myself. I am vast, I contain multitudes”
~ Walt Whitman
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 41608
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 21
Location : England

Maddog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Kids say the funniest things. Empty Re: Kids say the funniest things.

Post by Syl on Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:25 pm

eddie wrote:I record in my notebook, funny things my kids say.

Here’s one I’ll share with you, my daughter was about six years old:

Jas: There’s a boy called Fred in my class and he’s really ugly. I’m serious.

Me: You know, it’s not really nice to call people ugly.

Jas: Well he is! I’m not lying! He looks like an old man with a crooked nose and that’s ugly fam.

I shoot her a look.

Jas: He should work in Santa’s grotto as an elf....

I shoot her a second look and this one is loaded with menace.

Jas: Well, anyway, I wouldn’t marry him if he was the last man on the planet!

Me: Fred may well grow up to be the most handsome man you’ve ever seen.

Jas: Well I still wouldn’t marry him....know why? He sounds like a girl when he talks and if I wanted to marry a man with a woman’s voice I’d just marry a woman!
lol!

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 20992
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Kids say the funniest things. Empty Re: Kids say the funniest things.

Post by Didgee on Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:34 am

Years ago my best friends daughter Charlotte, could not pronounce the name Phil and it came out as Fool when she was 2 years old

It was so funny and it stuck for many years, that she came to believe this was my name

Nobody had the heart to correct her, but she was not wrong  Laughing Laughing

Didgee

Posts : 513
Join date : 2020-06-09

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Kids say the funniest things. Empty Re: Kids say the funniest things.

Post by Eilzel on Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:40 am

eddie wrote:I record in my notebook, funny things my kids say.

Here’s one I’ll share with you, my daughter was about six years old:

Jas: There’s a boy called Fred in my class and he’s really ugly. I’m serious.

Me: You know, it’s not really nice to call people ugly.

Jas: Well he is! I’m not lying! He looks like an old man with a crooked nose and that’s ugly fam.

I shoot her a look.

Jas: He should work in Santa’s grotto as an elf....

I shoot her a second look and this one is loaded with menace.

Jas: Well, anyway, I wouldn’t marry him if he was the last man on the planet!

Me: Fred may well grow up to be the most handsome man you’ve ever seen.

Jas: Well I still wouldn’t marry him....know why? He sounds like a girl when he talks and if I wanted to marry a man with a woman’s voice I’d just marry a woman!

That girl is literally a mini-you Laughing I love you

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 8707
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 35
Location : Lan Na

Back to top Go down

Kids say the funniest things. Empty Re: Kids say the funniest things.

Post by Syl on Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:25 pm

Didgee wrote:Years ago my best friends daughter Charlotte, could not pronounce the name Phil and it came out as Fool when she was 2 years old

It was so funny and it stuck for many years, that she came to believe this was my name

Nobody had the heart to correct her, but she was not wrong  Laughing Laughing

She will make a good poster one day. Razz

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 20992
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Kids say the funniest things. Empty Re: Kids say the funniest things.

Post by Fred Moletrousers on Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:50 pm

My late wife once found the entire bathroom floor covered in a totally unrolled roll of lavatory paper and asked her angrily why she had done it.

"Because its holy poo paper," my grand daughter replied innocently.

"Holy? How to you know it's holy?" my wife asked her, puzzled.

"Well I've just checked and every one has Jesus' name written on it."

(Just in case no-one here is old enough to remember, every sheet of Jeyes rather harsh and uncomfortable bog paper once had the company logo printed on it.)
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Posts : 3082
Join date : 2014-01-23

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Kids say the funniest things. Empty Re: Kids say the funniest things.

Post by Victorismyhero on Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:44 pm

Ah, Moley......SAS paper...took shit off nobody......

_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 11425
Join date : 2015-11-06

Back to top Go down

Kids say the funniest things. Empty Re: Kids say the funniest things.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum