NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ministry of Justice Has Refused My Request

Go down

The Ministry of Justice Has Refused My Request Empty The Ministry of Justice Has Refused My Request

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:46 pm

1st March 2014

Dear Ministry of Justice,

Under the Freedom of Information Act
2000, I would like a list of all the names of convicted killers
(murder and manslaughter) in England since the year 2000.

Yours faithfully,

BigAndy9

Dear BigAndy9,

Thank you for your email of 8 February 2014, in which you asked for the following

information from the Ministry of Justice (MoJ):

A list of all the names of convicted killers (murder and manslaughter) in

England since the year 2000.

Your request has been handled under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA).

I can confirm that the department holds information that you have asked for, but in

this case we will not be providing it to you as it is exempt from disclosure.

We are not obliged, under section 40(2) of the Act, to provide information that is

the personal information of another person if releasing would contravene any of the

provisions in the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) for example, if disclosure is unfair.

The terms of this exemption in the Freedom of Information Act mean that we do not

have to consider whether or not it would be in the public interest for you to have the

information.

You can find out more about Section 40(2) by reading the extract from the Act and

some guidance points we consider when applying the exemption, attached at the end

of this letter.

Back to top Go down

The Ministry of Justice Has Refused My Request Empty Re: The Ministry of Justice Has Refused My Request

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:49 pm

It would have been a lot easier to ask simply how many were foreign born per year Andy, names would get you nowhere, so I suggest you write back with my suggestion

Back to top Go down

The Ministry of Justice Has Refused My Request Empty Re: The Ministry of Justice Has Refused My Request

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:56 pm

What could they possibly be trying to hide?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:59 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:What could they possibly be trying to hide?

the fact they are practically all foreigners at a guess.. Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:00 pm

Nothing, as the information you requested would have obtained you nothing in regards to foreign convicted killers, going by names only.

Hence go by "foreign born"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:04 pm

PhilDidge wrote:

Nothing, as the information you requested would have obtained you nothing in regards to foreign convicted killers, going by names only.

lol so you keep saying didge.

I'll keep reporting the killings, we'll have to make our own minds up didge.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:07 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

lol so you keep saying didge.

I'll keep reporting the killings, we'll have to make our own minds up didge.

Yes please do, but your methodology going by names to claims as if they are foreign, is absurd,
It is a good thing the Royal family do not go by the name of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha anymore as you would depict them all as foreigners.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down