NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just a suggestion...

5 posters

Go down

Just a suggestion... Empty Just a suggestion...

Post by Syl Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:38 pm

This forum has gotten really interesting again lately, like most place it has it's quiet times and busier times, it's great it's busy again with some enthusiastic debates.

But.....would some of us really talk to people face to face the way some talk to other posters? If they do...I imagine they don't have the standard 32 adult teeth anymore. Razz

So, my suggestion is....you don't have to like or agree with others to remain cool calm and collected when discussing stuff online, but it surely makes for a better debate. x

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

inmyopinion likes this post

Back to top Go down

Just a suggestion... Empty Re: Just a suggestion...

Post by inmyopinion Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:00 pm

Syl wrote:This forum has gotten really interesting again lately, like most place it has it's quiet times and busier times, it's great it's busy again with some enthusiastic debates.

But.....would some of us really talk to people face to face the way some talk to other posters? If they do...I imagine they don't have the standard 32 adult teeth anymore.  Razz

So, my suggestion is....you don't have to like or agree with others to remain cool calm and collected when discussing stuff online, but it surely makes for a better debate. x

Very well said, I don't like people saying things like you are stupid , uneducated and the like if they have no reasoning against your opinion or point.
There is no way we will all agree on a single point, if we agreed on everything it would be very boring but let's be adult about our debate.
By the way Syl I think you're a pillock.lol
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:02 pm

inmyopinion wrote:
Syl wrote:This forum has gotten really interesting again lately, like most place it has it's quiet times and busier times, it's great it's busy again with some enthusiastic debates.

But.....would some of us really talk to people face to face the way some talk to other posters? If they do...I imagine they don't have the standard 32 adult teeth anymore.  Razz

Very well said, I don't like people saying things like you are stupid , uneducated and the like if they have no reasoning against your opinion or point.
There is no way we will all agree on a single point, if we agreed on everything it would be very boring but let's be adult about our debate.
By the way Syl I think you're FABULOUS .lol

Thank you IMO....I agree. Just a suggestion... 4214183177
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:19 pm

Syl wrote:
inmyopinion wrote:

By the way Syl I think you're FABULOUS .lol

Thank you IMO....I agree. Just a suggestion... 4214183177

lol a lovely and subtle adjustment/////// Smile Laughing Laughing lol! Just a suggestion... 1716015268
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:23 pm

Well said, Syl. I think some people run out of ideas to argue, and switch from rational debate to downright insult and abuse. I try to point it out when it occurs, but they seem so wrapped up in their anger that they don't calm down. In extreme cases, I try 'like kind' retorts, and that sometimes works. Then, they can see what they look like.

But it's always the people who run out of ideas on the topic, and have nothing to say ‘on message’. They then resort to the abuse of the messenger.

I don't like to say "you are stupid , uneducated and the like", but nor am I their teacher. These days I just point out they are being irrational, and move on. I recommend that to others.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:16 pm

The more the merrier!

Laughing

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Syl and inmyopinion like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:48 pm

If would talk to anyone the way I talk to them here. I promise you that.

Just like in real life, I get along with 98% of the people here.

But just like in real life, there are a tiny percentage of people that I would tell to fuck off. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:39 pm

Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:53 pm

Syl wrote:Rolling Eyes

Well, honesty is one of my faults. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Syl and inmyopinion like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:02 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:Rolling Eyes

Were you ever on Dallas Digest forum Maddog? It was set up in your neck of the woods, quite a lot of the members were from those parts and knew each other in real life too.
Anyway, it was  run on the premise that if it was your own front room, you would treat the other members with the respect you would show if you had invited them into your home.

It worked in the main.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:04 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Were you ever on Dallas Digest forum Maddog? It was set up in your neck of the woods, quite a lot of the members were from those parts and knew each other in real life too.
Anyway, it was  run on the premise that if it was your own front room, you would treat the other members with the respect you would show if you had invited them into your home.

It worked in the main.

I wouldn't invite Quill into my home. This isn't my home.

Are there people that you know in real life, that you don't respect and wouldn't want in your home?

And no, I wasn't a member there.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:10 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

It worked in the main.

Are there people that you know in real life, that you don't respect and wouldn't want in your home?

Of course there are people i wouldn't invite into my home, I would ignore them, and I certainly wouldn't let them rile me every day.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:52 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Of course there are people i wouldn't invite into my home, I would ignore them, and I certainly wouldn't let them rile me every day.

I'm not riled. I simply choose to call out a liar that hangs around my online neighborhood.

Everyone else gets treated with respect because they deserve it.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:43 am

I agree that everyone should get treated with respect till they prove they don't deserve it, that applies in real life and on forums....so in that case better ignored imo

I think on forums most of us have let someone get under our skin at one time or another.
When I first joined here I really detested a poster who seemed intent on following me around contradicting everything I said....obviously I retaliated, and what should have been a nice new forum to post on became a battle....it got boring and definitely brought out the worst in me, as in I was logging in just to argue with this poster.
In the end I put him in ignore for a few weeks the only time I have ever done that.

Now he doesn't bother me, in fact we get on most of the time. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:41 pm

Syl wrote:I agree that everyone should get treated with respect till they prove they don't deserve it, that applies in real life and on forums....so in that case better ignored imo

I think on forums most of us have let someone get under our skin at one time or another.
When I first joined here I really detested a poster who seemed intent on following me around contradicting everything I said....obviously I retaliated, and what should have been a nice new forum to post on became a battle....it got boring and definitely brought out the worst in me, as in I was logging in just to argue with this poster.
In the end I put him in ignore for a few weeks the only time I have ever done that.

He's not under my skin. He's a liar and I simply highlight when he does it. Oh and sometimes he tries to get a little insulting with me. That's child's play for me. I can ignore that most of the time. His stereotyping of southern is a lame, hardly clever insult that doesnt bother me. It's the interjection of falsehoods into the debate and ruining it that does.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:55 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:I agree that everyone should get treated with respect till they prove they don't deserve it, that applies in real life and on forums....so in that case better ignored imo

He's not under my skin.  He's a liar and I simply highlight when he does it.  Oh and sometimes he tries to get a little insulting with me. That's child's play for me. I can ignore that most of the time. His stereotyping of southern is a lame, hardly clever insult that doesnt bother me. It's the interjection of falsehoods into the debate and ruining it that does.  

Well as an onlooker I just think you both bring out the worst in each other. tongue
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:03 pm

Maddog wrote:

He's not under my skin.  He's a liar and I simply highlight when he does it.

Everyone is a liar since he found out about his wife. Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:08 pm

Getting personal, and I know Maddog has done so about your family too, is just plain schoolyard.
You both need to grow up imo. snobby
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:47 pm

Syl wrote:Getting personal, and I know Maddog has done so about your family too, is just plain schoolyard.

I don't have a wife so I'm not concerned about his feeble attempts at being clever. Gotta a couple of ex wives though.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:37 pm

Syl wrote:Getting personal, and I know Maddog has done so about your family too, is just plain schoolyard.

That's exactly what I said before.  Red always resorts to schoolyard tactics.

When unschooled people run out of answers, and indeed, all ideas, they tend to get angry.  Then they start in with the insults and assaults.  It never fails. Forget the message, shoot the messenger.

I mean, leave if you're left speechless.  You don't have to turn it into a schoolyard brawl and prove you’re an idiot.

But the trolls never learn.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:06 pm

Original Quill wrote:

When unschooled people run out of answers, and indeed, all ideas, they tend to get angry.  Then they start in with the insults and assaults.  It never fails.  Forget the message, shoot the messenger.

I mean, leave if you're left speechless.  You don't have to turn it into a schoolyard brawl and prove you’re an idiot.

Quill, you insulted him with a personal barb about his wife....and he doesn't even have one. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:47 am

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

When unschooled people run out of answers, and indeed, all ideas, they tend to get angry.  Then they start in with the insults and assaults.  It never fails.  Forget the message, shoot the messenger.

Quill, you insulted him with a personal barb about his wife....and he doesn't even have one. Rolling Eyes

Haha...you crack me up.  He doesn't have a wife, no doubt, because his former wife got tired of his constant bickering and 'gotcha' games.  The guy can't put two thoughts together--as exhibited on the libertarian thread--but he is all about trying to make enemies.

I can see, his wife got tired of living with the enemy.  How many times did he call her a "liar", or re-cast episodes in their life to rekindle an argument?  She just got tired, and went looking for someone better.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:05 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Haha...you crack me up.  He doesn't have a wife, no doubt, because his former wife got tired of his constant bickering and 'gotcha' games.  The guy can't put two thoughts together--as exhibited on the libertarian thread--but he is all about trying to make enemies.

I can see, his wife got tired of living with the enemy.  How many times did he call her a "liar", or re-cast episodes in their life to rekindle an argument?  She just got tired, and went looking for someone better.

You have as much idea about what his wife did and does as he has about yours...and unless someone openly talks about their family members and invites comments it's not right to get personal....no matter how much another poster may rile you. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:13 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

This is exactly what mythomaniacs do.

He doesnt know anything about my ex, but it won't stop him from fabricating a story.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:58 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

He doesnt know anything about my ex, but it won't stop him from fabricating a story.  

Ya gotta bigger mouth then you know, cowboy.  I'm saying very little, except what one would expect about your wife.  It's you that is obvious.  You presume a lot, you're nasty, dishonest, make up accusations, and you can't stay on topic.  That would be infuriating to a mate.

And lo, here we find she took off with a better man.  Just a suggestion... 2190311264

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:34 pm

This thread can be closed if anyone can be bothered.
It's certainly not serving a purpose. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:13 pm

Syl wrote:This thread can be closed if anyone can be bothered.

Most of them don't.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:16 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Ya gotta bigger mouth then you know, cowboy.  I'm saying very little, except what one would expect about your wife.  It's you that is obvious.  You presume a lot, you're nasty, dishonest, make up accusations, and you can't stay on topic.  That would be infuriating to a mate.

And lo, here we find she took off with a better man.  Just a suggestion... 2190311264

So now you know about her current husband, or are you talking about the one before him?

Or are you just fabricating more stories?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:35 pm

Syl wrote:This thread can be closed if anyone can be bothered.

I agree.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down