NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are TikTok in the wrong?

2 posters

Go down

Are TikTok in the wrong?  Empty Are TikTok in the wrong?

Post by eddie Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:10 pm

TikTok have refused to take down a video that shows two dead bodies wrapped in plastic. It’s worth watching the short video on the link, which contains no harsh material.

Jessie and Austin: The Bodies in the Suitcase

In June, three teenagers were out making TikTok videos when they found a pair of suitcases washed up on a Seattle beach.
Inside were the bodies of Jessica Lewis, 35, and Austin ‘Cash’ Wenner, 27. They had been shot.
The video of their discovery went viral.

Gina Jaschke, Jessica's aunt, has repeatedly asked TikTok to remove the video, which has had 29 million views - but TikTok refuses, saying it doesn't breach their guidelines.

Video on the link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/stories-53785364
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Are TikTok in the wrong?  Empty Re: Are TikTok in the wrong?

Post by Maddog Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:56 pm

It doesnt show the bodies.  While distressing no doubt, its publicity which could lead to arrests of the sick bastards that did this.  

Reminds me of the shooting of Daniel Shaver. I doubt his widow wants to see it again, but keeping it in the public sphere helps remind people of the injustice.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:28 pm

Maddog wrote:It doesnt show the bodies.  While distressing no doubt, its publicity which could lead to arrests of the sick bastards that did this.  

Reminds me of the shooting of Daniel Shaver. I doubt his widow wants to see it again, but keeping it in the public sphere helps remind people of the injustice.

I’m not sure that allowing this video is going to help. Did you see the original video, not just the one on the clip?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:52 pm

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:It doesnt show the bodies.  While distressing no doubt, its publicity which could lead to arrests of the sick bastards that did this.  

I’m not sure that allowing this video is going to help. Did you see the original video, not just the one on the clip?

I think I did.

Is the case solved?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:00 pm

The video on the clip isn’t the original, it’s been edited to protect the family’s feelings. No the case hasn’t been solved.
eddie
eddie

Maddog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down