NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump's wife scores on him

+3
Maddog
Victorismyhero
Original Quill
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Trump's wife scores on him - Page 2 Empty Trump's wife scores on him

Post by Original Quill Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:11 am

First topic message reminder :

TITLE EDITED

Melania Trump used newfound leverage to redo prenup after election win, new book says

Jane C. Timm and Kristen Welker
June 12, 2020, 7:32 AM PDT

First lady Melania Trump favorably renegotiated her prenuptial agreement after husband Donald Trump won the White House, according to a new book by Washington Post reporter Mary Jordan.

Mrs. Trump stayed in New York for months after the president's inauguration, saying publicly it was because she didn’t want to interrupt son Barron’s school year. Privately, Jordan writes in "The Art of Her Deal: The Untold Story of Melania Trump," she was using the time to cool off and leverage her absence in negotiations — as the president's allies wanted her in Washington to be a calming force for the president.

According to a Post report on the book, Mrs. Trump learned new details about her husband during the scandal-riddled campaign, which was marked by reports of his alleged infidelities and a hot mic tape that captured him describing groping women's genitals and kissing them without consent. Trump has denied the affairs.

Mrs. Trump then used her marriage, the president's longest relationship, and her newfound standing as first lady to rework her initial prenuptial agreement, which the book reports had not been particularly generous.

Mrs. Trump's nearly six month stay in New York as first lady wasn't cheap: Reportedly, her military flights to Washington cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, while guarding her and Barron cost the city millions.

Mrs. Trump referred to the prenup renegotiation as "taking care of Barron," the author writes, according to the Post report, and she sought written assurances that her only child with the president would be treated like his oldest three children when it came to inheritance and financial opportunities.

Jordan’s book, the Post reports, paints a picture of an ambitious Mrs. Trump who embraced and encouraged the president’s political ambitions and is committed to winning a second term for her husband.

In a statement, the first lady's chief of staff, Stephanie Grisham, said: "Yet another book about Mrs. Trump with false information and sources. This book belongs in the fiction genre."

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Trump's wife scores on him - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump's wife scores on him

Post by Syl Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:57 am

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

A lot of people say a lot of things about others on forums, I always think it's best to come to your own conclusions and disregard hearsay. Wink

Unquestionably, have I ever said you are not a RW'er?

Quite the opposite, you said only a few posts back that I was, I am just correcting you.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:55 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Quite the opposite, you said only a few posts back that I was, I am just correcting you.

Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:34 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Pay closer attention to what you read.  What I asked is:

Syl wrote:Unquestionably, have I ever said you are not a RW'er?

You have just confirmed it.  Certainly, you are a RW'er, always have been, always will be.  I am saying there is no question about it.  So, why dwell on the matter?

From there I explained the difference between a RW'er and a LW'er, having to do with self-orientation vs. social-orientation.  This is why I frequently say, Tories/Republicans represent special-interests, while Labour/Democrats represent the public interest.

RW'ers tend to believe that incentive is the motivating force of social/economics, and it always sorts out for the good; while LW'ers tend to not believe in such a "devine hand".  LW'ers tend to believe more in human social engineering.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2