NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Countries With The Most Critical Care Beds Per Capita

3 posters

Go down

The Countries With The Most Critical Care Beds Per Capita Empty The Countries With The Most Critical Care Beds Per Capita

Post by Maddog Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:03 pm

In order to show where that pressure could be highest, the following infographic pulls together data from three different sources to show the number of critical care beds per 100,000 inhabitants in different countries. According to a paper published in the Intensive Care Medicine journal utilizing 2012 data, Italy had 12.5 ICU beds per 100,000 of its population that year while Germany had 29.2 ICU beds per 100,000 inhabitants. A different paper published by the National Center for Biotechnology Information in 2015 states that capacity in the United States is even higher at 34.2 ICU beds per 100,000 people.

The Countries With The Most Critical Care Beds Per Capita Icu10

The US has the most expensive healthcare on the planet.

That's not a bad thing when the shit hits the fan.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2020/03/12/the-countries-with-the-most-critical-care-beds-per-capita-infographic/?fbclid=IwAR3RDFqyKwdV2OQos8wA8BAJXgnvye3kzvrLZ4W2exqNjcOI9yCdmSOk4rA#6768c2db7f86
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

The Countries With The Most Critical Care Beds Per Capita Empty Re: The Countries With The Most Critical Care Beds Per Capita

Post by Original Quill Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:30 pm

It looks pretty in the garage. Too bad nobody can afford to take it out for a spin.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The Countries With The Most Critical Care Beds Per Capita Empty Re: The Countries With The Most Critical Care Beds Per Capita

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:47 am

Maddog wrote:In order to show where that pressure could be highest, the following infographic pulls together data from three different sources to show the number of critical care beds per 100,000 inhabitants in different countries. According to a paper published in the Intensive Care Medicine journal utilizing 2012 data, Italy had 12.5 ICU beds per 100,000 of its population that year while Germany had 29.2 ICU beds per 100,000 inhabitants. A different paper published by the National Center for Biotechnology Information in 2015 states that capacity in the United States is even higher at 34.2 ICU beds per 100,000 people.

The Countries With The Most Critical Care Beds Per Capita Icu10

The US has the most expensive healthcare on the planet.

That's not a bad thing when the shit hits the fan.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2020/03/12/the-countries-with-the-most-critical-care-beds-per-capita-infographic/?fbclid=IwAR3RDFqyKwdV2OQos8wA8BAJXgnvye3kzvrLZ4W2exqNjcOI9yCdmSOk4rA#6768c2db7f86
The Countries With The Most Critical Care Beds Per Capita 1399249160

It is "a bad thing" for the bottom half of the population...

Those who can't afford the worlds "most expensive healthcare"..

Interesting to see how many countries aren't on that list  --  Oz, NZ and company don't even make that meaningless and idiotic list.

Looks to me that it was created basically to help the Amerikun Repug's feel better about their own inactions and inadequacies..

Those lists also don't tell us how many of those "ICU beds" are actually currently available for immediate emergency use --  nor how many of those in the USA are under the control of private enterprises, and only available to people who can pay their extortionate bills ?
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:22 am

For those who have never been in an American emergency room.

No one in the emergency room knows about your financial situation when they admit you.

Last time I went they didn't know I had insurance until the way out.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:10 am

Maddog wrote:Last time I went they didn't know I had insurance until the way out.

Bet they had your wallet, innit?  Laughing

The Emergency Medical Treatment & Labor Act (EMTALA) covers you for emergency visits, if you don't pay, dummy.  The hospital is not worried.  They bill you once, and if you don't pay or don't have insurance, they follow up and bill the Feds.

https://www.cms.gov/Regulations-and-Guidance/Legislation/EMTALA

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:05 pm

https://fortune.com/2020/03/17/coronavirus-ventilator-shortage/

I've reached my maximum free views on this site, so I cant read or copy excerpts from this article anymore, but I posted this article yesterday on my home page.  

It breaks down where the ventilators are on this planet.  Not to be an alarmist, but the UK is in terrible shape in this department.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down