What is politics...?

Go down

What is politics...? Empty What is politics...?

Post by eddie on Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:44 pm

What is politics...? 8a092d10

eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

What is politics...? Empty Re: What is politics...?

Post by gelico on Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:07 pm

hahahahahaha, out of the mouths of the babes

i love every one of those answers.

so, so true

gelico

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:16 pm

Indeed Gels. Sometimes children can make something that is seemingly complicated, into something simply simple.

eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:07 pm

Hey, you stole that from me...………………….. Wink

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:08 pm

And, I think Hayley has it figured out.

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico on Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:19 pm

I think they all have it figured out

as yet no real education or life experience yet they are perceptive and wise in many ways. they are commenting on what they see after all

gelico

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:54 pm

Maddog wrote:And, I think Hayley has it figured out.

Hayley knows Republicans, anyway. They talk about peace, and give you Iraq.

"What's your's is mine, and what's mine is mine." ― Old Republican proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...  Putin tells him what to think.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero on Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:46 am

politics is the cess pool of the human condition..................and politicians are the maggots that feed and grow fat therin

DONT VOTE...........it only encourages them

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:59 am

Victorismyhero wrote:politics is the cess pool of the human condition..................and politicians are the maggots that feed and grow fat therin

Haha...a Marxist, eh? He didn't like politics either, and developed a system whereby it would go away.

Unfortunately, the Bolsheviks wouldn't let go.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...  Putin tells him what to think.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel on Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:11 am

Original Quill wrote:
Victorismyhero wrote:politics is the cess pool of the human condition..................and politicians are the maggots that feed and grow fat therin

Haha...a Marxist, eh?  He didn't like politics either, and developed a system whereby it would go away.

Probably the biggest crime against Marx is how conflated his ideology became with the Bolsheviks Neutral

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:35 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Haha...a Marxist, eh?  He didn't like politics either, and developed a system whereby it would go away.

Probably the biggest crime against Marx is how conflated his ideology became with the Bolsheviks Neutral

Absolutely.  People who vilify Marx, don't understand the difference.  Marx was the farthest thing from wanting a compulsory system...indeed he wanted to do away with all forms of government compulsion.

The problem came about when Russia embraced the Marxist-Leninist theory.  Never was a people more ill-prepared and ill-suited to implement such a sophisticated system.  First, eastern Europe was considered the ass-end of the continent in terms of economic development.  Second, the fact that Russia had for centuries been ruled by an authoritarian government meant it was easy pickings for the domineering Bolsheviks.  Marx even said so himself, albeit from the comfort of the British Library.

Marx's theory was a three-stage process: from a capitalist (1) system would come a (2) highly controlled, transition system, evolving into (3) a system of plenty, with no government at all.  The problem with the Russians is they were too inclined toward the second, or authoritarian system.  Bolshevism was the same as the Czars.  Like a broken record, the Bolsheviks took control and never gave it up (assuming Marxism had any chance of working at all).

We never have had a fair test of Marxism.

Original Quill
Original Quill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum