NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why did Trump ask Putin for instructions on dealing with North Korea?

5 posters

Go down

Why did Trump ask Putin for instructions on dealing with North Korea?  Empty Why did Trump ask Putin for instructions on dealing with North Korea?

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:50 am

We can't know why, now, because Trump deemed the transcript of that phone call "highly classified."
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Why did Trump ask Putin for instructions on dealing with North Korea?  Empty Re: Why did Trump ask Putin for instructions on dealing with North Korea?

Post by nicko Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:15 am

He asked Putin if it was ok to nuke the fat fuck, what else would he ask him ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Why did Trump ask Putin for instructions on dealing with North Korea?  Empty Re: Why did Trump ask Putin for instructions on dealing with North Korea?

Post by Fred Moletrousers Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:20 am

I obviously don't know anything about either the commentator or the TV station, but it does appear to me to be simply a monologue comprising a massive amount of pretty one-sided hearsay and speculation. Long on allegations and accusations; desperately short on substance, in fact.

I'm not saying that any of it is untrue; I'm simply saying that I would be very, very circumspect in trying to reach a conclusion.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:54 pm

I know you Brits are used to your PMs taking their marching orders from our presidents, but we Americans don't like our presidents taking our marching orders from foreign leaders.

In fact, Trump implicitly promised that we were going to stop caring what the rest of the world thinks with him in office.

The American people have the right to know what he's doing on our behalf. We pay his salary and he serves us at our pleasure.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:46 pm

did he get instructions, or more sensibly, ask another major world leader their opinion and seek advice, in what is a volatile matter?
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:41 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:I obviously don't know anything about either the commentator or the TV station, but it does appear to me to be simply a monologue comprising a massive amount of pretty one-sided hearsay and speculation. Long on allegations and accusations; desperately short on substance, in fact.

I'm not saying that any of it is untrue; I'm simply saying that I would be very, very circumspect in trying to reach a conclusion.

She's like Sean Hannity, but on the left. Neither she (nor he) are journalists.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:06 am

Maddog wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:I obviously don't know anything about either the commentator or the TV station, but it does appear to me to be simply a monologue comprising a massive amount of pretty one-sided hearsay and speculation. Long on allegations and accusations; desperately short on substance, in fact.

Not exactly -- I've watched enough of both of them to know that he's not above flat-out making shit up. She doesn't do that, though she is very opinionated.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:22 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Not exactly -- I've watched enough of both of them to know that he's not above flat-out making shit up. She doesn't do that, though she is very opinionated.

In my opinion they are both full of shit.

But you are far more partisan on this issue than me, so I can see how your bias would keep you from seeing it.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:23 am

Maddog wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:

In my opinion they are both full of shit.

But you are far more partisan on this issue than me, so I can see how your bias would keep you from seeing it.

Not bias, just that I see her citing a lot more journalism on her show than he does on his.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:25 am

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/rachel-maddow/statements/by/

She gets shit wrong all the time. I won't say she is making it up. Use the term of your choice.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:26 am

Maddog wrote:https://www.politifact.com/personalities/rachel-maddow/statements/by/

She gets shit wrong all the time. I won't say she is making it up. Use the term of your choice.  

Okay, but in this case she's just quoting the Washington Post, so if what she said is wrong, it's because they got it wrong, no?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:29 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:https://www.politifact.com/personalities/rachel-maddow/statements/by/

Okay, but in this case she's just quoting the Washington Post, so if what she said is wrong, it's because they got it wrong, no?

She takes a story and makes it more appealing to her audience. Same as Hannity.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down