NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indian lawmaker says Mother Teresa should be stripped of civilian honour over baby-trafficking scandal

3 posters

Go down

Indian lawmaker says Mother Teresa should be stripped of civilian honour over baby-trafficking scandal Empty Indian lawmaker says Mother Teresa should be stripped of civilian honour over baby-trafficking scandal

Post by Guest Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:53 pm

It’s been nearly 40 years since Mother Teresa was conferred India‘s highest civilian honour, the Bharat Ratna (Jewel of India), but there are growing calls for the accolade to be rescinded. Last week, Indian authorities said they busted a baby-trafficking racket in a shelter run by the Missionaries of Charity, the religious order set up by the late Albanian-Indian missionary in 1950.

Child welfare authorities said a nun and one other person linked to the charity were selling babies to childless couples for between $550 and $1,450.

It’s the latest in a litany of scandals that have largely simmered beneath the surface for decades, but now threaten to explode in full view, with high-profile figures linked to India’s ruling Hindu nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leading the charge to revisit Mother Teresa’s legacy.

On Thursday, Subramanian Swamy, a senior BJP MP, said Mother Teresa’s Bharat Ratna award should be rescinded if the Missionaries of Charity group is found guilty.

“I 100-per-cent support it,” Swamy told India Today when asked if he was in favour of rescinding the honour posthumously if the allegations are proven true.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4331469/mother-teresa-bharat-ratna-missionaries-of-charity-trafficking/?fbclid=IwAR1GYLk3OYM4vPnBiNJW0iD11op6mca_3EznMxdo3jlxS2Z5NKdPcJe1doE

Christopher Hitchens investigates whether Mother Teresa of Calcutta deserves her saintly image. He probes her campaigns against contraception and abortion and her questionable relationships with right-wing political leaders.

Back to top Go down

Indian lawmaker says Mother Teresa should be stripped of civilian honour over baby-trafficking scandal Empty Re: Indian lawmaker says Mother Teresa should be stripped of civilian honour over baby-trafficking scandal

Post by nicko Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:36 pm

I did read that thousands of Dollars that she received every month for her [charity] can't be found ! I also read that she wouldn't give pain relief to Women in Labour, saying The Lord would help with the pain !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Indian lawmaker says Mother Teresa should be stripped of civilian honour over baby-trafficking scandal Empty Re: Indian lawmaker says Mother Teresa should be stripped of civilian honour over baby-trafficking scandal

Post by Guest Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:30 pm

nicko wrote:I did read that thousands of Dollars that she received every month for her [charity] can't be found ! I also read that she wouldn't give pain relief to Women in Labour, saying The Lord would help with the pain !

I read the same mate

I expect many things to be uncovered about her mate. Its clear the church is able to control what is being leaked at present as she had many supporters

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:00 pm

nicko wrote:I did read that thousands of Dollars that she received every month for her [charity] can't be found ! I also read that she wouldn't give pain relief to Women in Labour, saying The Lord would help with the pain !

Pain relief? Are you talking about drugs? You can't shut down a mother's body during childbirth.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:18 pm

Of cause you can, a Spinal Epidural is one that's used a lot !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:45 pm

Original Quill wrote:

Pain relief?  Are you talking about drugs?  You can't shut down a mother's body during childbirth.

Well I had lots of pain relief with my son and it was a long and difficult birth (39 hours) because I couldn’t read my own body’s signals properly. With my daughter, I did hypno-birthing - where you self-hypnotise - no drugs and she came out easily.
He was a whiny baby and she was a relaxed, laid-back baby.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:12 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Pain relief?  Are you talking about drugs?  You can't shut down a mother's body during childbirth.

Well I had lots of pain relief with my son and it was a long and difficult birth (39 hours) because I couldn’t read my own body’s signals properly. With my daughter, I did hypno-birthing - where you self-hypnotise - no drugs and she came out easily.

But you rejected being 'put out' during the process. You don't have knock-out drugs for birth...you've got to be awake and aware, because the body is doing the work.

I've heard of amnesiacs being given to women, but that's not knocking the mother out; it's causing amnesia after-the-fact.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:17 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

But you rejected being 'put out' during the process.  You don't have knock-out drugs for birth...you've got to be awake and aware, because the body is doing the work.

I've heard of amnesiacs being given to women, but that's not knocking the mother out; it's causing amnesia after-the-fact.

Oh no! One should be wide awake. That is just the natural way of things.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down