NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tough anti-gay laws passed in Uganda

+2
Ben Reilly
Beekeeper
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tough anti-gay laws passed in Uganda Empty Tough anti-gay laws passed in Uganda

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:38 pm

at least he is is own man..

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/24/uganda-president-signs-anti-gay-laws

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Tough anti-gay laws passed in Uganda Empty Re: Tough anti-gay laws passed in Uganda

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:48 pm

Beekeeper wrote:Rolling Eyes 

AH,  UGANDA...

The birthplace and home of Idi Amin..

Some people, and some countries, never seem to learn - do they ?

P.S. Why do you have such an apparent overwhelming fear and dislike of "gays", Mr, 'father, that flavours so many of your boring posts on this forum..

Us regular heterosexuals out here in the real world, who are already more secure and comfortable in our own sexualities, never do feel that constant need (or urge even ?) that the more insecure nutters like you, Drinky, 'kevin, Molesy, Puerile and Alakaka have, for blindly attacking the gay community, and trying to connect them to more criminal elements in our societies  ~ and that you clods have consistently displayed as a core part of each of your characters on here.

Did your sister turn out to be a lesbian ?
Or are you maybe still wondering about yourself, heavenly !   Arrow 

Every time they start going on about that stuff, I get this song running through my head:

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Tough anti-gay laws passed in Uganda Empty Re: Tough anti-gay laws passed in Uganda

Post by Eilzel Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:38 pm

It is amazing how much the Christian Right complain about the developing world- when their attitudes on things like gays and women and religion are actually so much like those in Africa and the Middle-East  Rolling Eyes 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:41 pm

Eilzel wrote:It is amazing how much the Christian Right complain about the developing world- when their attitudes on things like gays and women and religion are actually so much like those in Africa and the Middle-East  Rolling Eyes 

Are you saying Africans and Middle-Eastern countries and their people are stupid and backward, Eli?

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:49 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Eilzel wrote:It is amazing how much the Christian Right complain about the developing world- when their attitudes on things like gays and women and religion are actually so much like those in Africa and the Middle-East  Rolling Eyes 

Are you saying Africans and Middle-Eastern countries and their people are stupid and backward, Eli?

No. I happen to have a number of African friends who are very liberal and project completely the opposite impressions of their countries (Nigeria, Cameroon and Kenya) than their governments and the news stories we hear about do- though in fairness they have all lived in either Europe or the USA for a number of years. They are all smart guys and very progressive thinkers.

What I would say is that the societies within some African and Middle-Eastern countries are held back by a mixture of old laws which are throwbacks to the colonial era (anti-homosexuality laws, for instance, didn't exist pre-colonial era and when we left they simply 'appropriated' many of our laws) AND a deep devout religious culture (be it Christian or Islam) which preaches those prejudiced dogmas (often helped in Africa by pastors who, having failed to hold back the liberal tide in the USA, have moved to more fertile ground).

Africans are not stupid; but much of the culture is steeped in an angry conservatism the likes of which have held back many a European country throughout history. But every culture catches up eventually  Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:53 pm

Eilzel wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

No. I happen to have a number of African friends who are very liberal and project completely the opposite impressions of their countries (Nigeria, Cameroon and Kenya) than their governments and the news stories we hear about do- though in fairness they have all lived in either Europe or the USA for a number of years. They are all smart guys and very progressive thinkers.

What I would say is that the societies within some African and Middle-Eastern countries are held back by a mixture of old laws which are throwbacks to the colonial era (anti-homosexuality laws, for instance, didn't exist pre-colonial era and when we left they simply 'appropriated' many of our laws) AND a deep devout religious culture (be it Christian or Islam) which preaches those prejudiced dogmas (often helped in Africa by pastors who, having failed to hold back the liberal tide in the USA, have moved to more fertile ground).

Africans are not stupid; but much of the culture is steeped in an angry conservatism the likes of which have held back many a European country throughout history. But every culture catches up eventually  Smile

That was just babble which didn't say anything, I'm afraid.

"Well well well no.......bluh bluh they are lovely people just exactly what you said BigA bluh bluh but it's all our fault you see."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:00 pm

they stated the european influence on their youngsters had to stop, so he is protecting his people..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:05 pm

heaveniy father wrote:they stated the european influence on their youngsters had to stop, so he is protecting his people..

I think the clearest example of the European injection into Africa can be seen in South Africa, where European settlers go about their daily work while the indigenous people go about spreading AIDS, hacking each others heads off and curing AIDS... with RAPE!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:09 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

"Well well well no.......bluh bluh they are lovely people just exactly what you said BigA bluh bluh but it's all our fault you see."

Or maybe it's an actual explanation based on both facts and experience rather than just 'blacks are stupid'; but I understand RWers need things simple so they can understand the world easier (must be something to with certain peoples brains) http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/27/intelligence-study-links-prejudice_n_1237796.html  Smile 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:16 pm

oh dear why is everyone who doesn't agree with gays either a closet gay or too thick too realise being gay is ok... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:21 pm

Eilzel wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Or maybe it's an actual explanation based on both facts and experience rather than just 'blacks are stupid'; but I understand RWers need things simple so they can understand the world easier (must be something to with certain peoples brains) http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/27/intelligence-study-links-prejudice_n_1237796.html  Smile 

You're jumping to conclusions, unfortunately.

Nowhere did I say "blacks are stupid" - I know some very intelligent black people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:21 pm

I don't subscribe to the first HF but the second is about right. There is nothing wrong with being gay, it is about love and hurts no one- anyone who thinks that isn't ok is stupid where morals are concerned Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:28 pm

Eilzel wrote:I don't subscribe to the first HF but the second is about right. There is nothing wrong with being gay, it is about love and hurts no one- anyone who thinks that isn't ok is stupid where morals are concerned Smile

Did you ever read my post about a lesbian in the army Eli - she was chatting to a guy about another girl who had turned lesbian for whatever reason and said "she's really trying to get in to it - she's reading football mags and stuff".

What do you make of that - is the girl a lesbian, or is she trying to be one?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:34 pm

Beekeeper wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

I think the clearest example of the European injection into Africa can be seen in South Africa, where European settlers go about their daily work while the indigenous people go about spreading AIDS, hacking each others heads off and curing AIDS... with RAPE!

Suspect 

NO, that really is one totally idiotic and irrational statement there, 'Andy !!!

YOU continue to excel yourself this week..

Hi Bee.

You're not too good at the debating thing are you?

If you call somebody an idiot or say someone has made an idiotic statement you are supposed to explain why you think that, otherwise you look a t1t.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:36 pm

i think bee is used to it, probably has to wear a hat to cover up the nipple on top of his head. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:39 pm

heaveniy father wrote:i think bee is used to it, probably has to wear a hat to cover up the nipple on top of his head. Smile

lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:48 pm

Andy, the girl sounds confused imo, she may be bi or bi curious- but being gay isn't about conforming to certain stereotypes; and she shouldn't have to try she will either attracted to girls or she wont be. As I said she sounds confused.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:38 pm

Eilzel wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

so let me get this right

you know some blacks who have lived in the west for years and don't live up to the stereotype of "black African"

im thoroughly confused as to what could possibly be the cause for them not living up that that stereotype??

did i hear you right when you said they lived in the west for many years??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:42 pm

heaveniy father wrote:oh dear why is everyone who doesn't agree with gays either a closet gay or too thick too realise being gay is ok... Smile 

or a homophobe

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:53 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

so let me get this right

you know some blacks who have lived in the west for years and don't live up to the stereotype of "black African"

im thoroughly confused as to what could possibly be the cause for them not living up that that stereotype??

They were all adults when they left Africa; although I have met one of my friends families and they are also very open minded, especially the younger ones. But generally yes I think it is a problem within those countries- as opposed to the people themselves. The problem with the countries being their more conservative Christianity or Islam (depending on the country).
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:55 pm

Eilzel wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

so let me get this right

They were all adults when they left Africa; although I have met one of my friends families and they are also very open minded, especially the younger ones. But generally yes I think it is a problem within those countries- as opposed to the people themselves. The problem with the countries being their more conservative Christianity or Islam (depending on the country).

It's the people who make a country what it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:57 pm

Eilzel wrote:Andy, the girl sounds confused imo, she may be bi or bi curious- but being gay isn't about conforming to certain stereotypes; and she shouldn't have to try she will either attracted to girls or she wont be. As I said she sounds confused.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:54 pm

Eilzel wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

so let me get this right

its the PEOPLE who make the country darling

a country is just a patch of land surrounded by invisible man made lines on a map.

and lets face it, black people living in black countries generally tend to fit their stereotype for a reason

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:56 pm

Ooooo darling, now that sounded very camp lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:59 pm

Sassy wrote:Ooooo darling, now that sounded very camp lol

ooooooo sassy

east shit and die

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:01 pm

ooooooo sassy

east shit and die

is east shit different to west shit?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:04 pm

Sassy wrote:ooooooo sassy

east shit and die

is east shit different to west shit?

not sure

are you different to the sewerage of Pakistan??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:12 pm

Well daaaaaaaaaaaaarrrling, I know my sewerage is much more refined than your sewerage lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:15 pm

Sassy wrote:Well daaaaaaaaaaaaarrrling, I know my sewerage is much more refined than your sewerage lol

Sleep 

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:26 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Sassy wrote:Well daaaaaaaaaaaaarrrling, I know my sewerage is much more refined than your sewerage lol

Sleep 

That's kind of the result when you turn every thread you post in into an attempt to drag everything into a test to see how much of a nasty prat you can be  Rolling Eyes 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:29 am

Incredibly sad, that a commonwealth nation has been bounced by religion to push this anti homosexual agenda forward.

It will back fire on them as such backward looking policies do.
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:12 am

Well it was going well for a while, then it descended into the usual

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:35 am

Beekeeper wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:

Well it was going well for a while, then it descended into  the usual

farao   WELL ~ we do have half-a-dozen stirring troublemakers on here these days ~ BigAndy, heavenly father, smelly-bandit, 56kevins, fuzzy zacks; and even Drinky has been returning occasionally as a "guest" specifically to slag off Catman, sassy or me at various times...

WHO seem to have the common cause of creating as much disruption between them as possible..
AND all the merrier if they start a few fights along the way.    ::lightsab::

What an amazing stroke of luck for you though Bee - all the people you took an instant dislike to and continuously slag off for no reason other than you took an instant disliking to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:39 pm

scrat wrote:Incredibly sad, that a commonwealth nation has been bounced by religion to push this anti homosexual agenda forward.

It will back fire on them as such backward looking policies do.
its quoted that he wants to protect the young people from european homosexuality.. Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:38 pm

Eilzel wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

Sleep 

That's kind of the result when you turn every thread you post in into an attempt to drag everything into a test to see how much of a nasty prat you can be  Rolling Eyes 

tell that piece of shit sassy to wind her neck in and there wont be any of it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:39 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

tell that piece of shit sassy to wind her neck in and there wont be any of it

lol! lol! 

Back to top Go down

Tough anti-gay laws passed in Uganda Empty UK confirms no aid will go to Ugandan Government in wake of anti-gay law

Post by Guest Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:46 pm

PinkNews Exclusive.
Following the introduction of a Ugandan law which makes homosexuality punishable with life jail sentences, the British Government has confirmed that no aid goes directly to the Ugandan Government.

President Yoweri Museveni signed the draconian Anti-Homosexuality Bill in front of politicians and reporters on Monday at State House, his official residence in Entebbe.

The law calls for repeat offenders to be sentenced to 14 years in prison and makes it a criminal offence not to report someone for being gay.

The Department for International Development confirmed to PinkNews that the only aid money spent by Britain in Uganda goes to multilateral aid agencies and non-governmental organisations, rather than the Ugandan Government.

This means the aid money is spent on helping the people of Uganda without funding the country’s legal and political system.

A DfID spokesman: “We ended all budget support payments to the Ugandan government last year. The UK strongly opposes all discrimination on any grounds and Justine Greening has been clear that governments receiving UK aid need to meet a specific set of principles, including human rights.”

DfID confirmed that aid was cut to Uganda’s Government last year due to a corruption scandal, but reiterated that the human rights concerns raised by the Anti-Homosexuality Act would most likely deem it ineligible to receive aid.

Norway, Denmark and the Netherlands today became the first three countries to cut their aid to Uganda following the decision to sign the bill by Museveni.

The US Secretary of State John Kerry today said his country is now reviewing its relations with Uganda, following President Yoweri Museveni’s decision to sign anti-gay legislation.

Sweden has also said it will review its aid spending.

Members of the European Parliament (MEPs) have called for an end to a political agreement with Uganda over the law.

EU foreign policy chief Baroness Ashton described the move as “draconian”.

Britain’s Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg said it was “an abhorrent backwards step for human rights”.

UK Foreign Secretary William Hague said he was “deeply saddened and disappointed”.

A tabloid newspaper in Uganda today published a list of the “200 top” gay people.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/02/25/uk-government-confirms-aid-will-go-ugandan-government-wake-anti-gay-law/

cheers cheers cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:51 pm

its good to know countries can make their own decisions... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSchool Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:45 am

Did the age demographic on Newsfix plummet while I was gone?
DrSchool
DrSchool
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:57 am

DrSchool wrote:Did the age demographic on Newsfix plummet while I was gone?

apparently these are all older people  Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect  I put it down to them being English and all  Razz Razz Razz Razz 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:59 am

DrSchool wrote:Did the age demographic on Newsfix plummet while I was gone?

Hi Dr.

Why do you ask that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:09 am

Beekeeper wrote:
heavenly father wrote:
its good to know countries can make their own decisions... Smile 

scratch 

THE senile old git 'heavenly father' obviously left his brain parked under his bed this morning...

Beekeeper, please stop posting messages like that after every bloody post by a certain few on here.

If you don't agree with somebody point out why and then debate, don't just call them stupid or an idiot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:00 pm

Changed the headline, by the way, to make it a bit more informative and nicer-looking.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:03 pm

good it seems to work...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next