NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starbucks apologizes after six officers say they were asked to leave a store in Arizona

4 posters

Go down

Starbucks apologizes after six officers say they were asked to leave a store in Arizona Empty Starbucks apologizes after six officers say they were asked to leave a store in Arizona

Post by Guest Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:01 pm

(CNN)Starbucks is issuing another public apology more than a year after officers arrested two black men in a Philadelphia store.

This time, though, the coffee giant is apologizing to officers with the Tempe Police Department in Arizona.

In a statement Friday, the Tempe Officers Association said six officers walked into a Starbucks to enjoy some coffee on July Fourth. The group was approached by a barista who told the officers that a customer "did not feel safe" because of their presence.

"The barista asked the officers to move out of the customer's line of sight or to leave," the association said. The officers ultimately left the store "disappointed."

"This treatment of public safety workers could not be more disheartening. While the barista was polite, making such a request at all was offensive," the statement read. "Unfortunately, such treatment has become all too common in 2019."

Hours before releasing that statement, the association released an altered Starbucks graphic with a hand pouring out coffee reading "Dump Starbucks." The graphic also led to the hashtag #DumpStarbucks on social media.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/07/06/us/starbucks-apology-arizona-police-trnd/index.html

Back to top Go down

Starbucks apologizes after six officers say they were asked to leave a store in Arizona Empty Re: Starbucks apologizes after six officers say they were asked to leave a store in Arizona

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:12 pm

Suspect

Who gives a fuck what those Amerikan police associations think and do...

The Minneapolis chapter attempted to do a job on the reputation of the Aussie woman that one of their incompetent members murdered, while openly attempting to whitewash his crimes..

They had to bring in the State Police to make sure that justice was seen to be done.

American police associations will regularly defend the worst scumbags over there,  while making life hell for their victims and their families..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Starbucks apologizes after six officers say they were asked to leave a store in Arizona Empty Re: Starbucks apologizes after six officers say they were asked to leave a store in Arizona

Post by Original Quill Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:15 pm

Trump says the police are 'deep state', and can't be trusted.  He and the AG are investigating the FBI.  Perhaps that's why the customers "did not feel safe".

Arizona is full of Trumpsters.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:21 pm

Original Quill wrote:Trump says the police are 'deep state', and can't be trusted.  He and the AG are investigating the FBI.  Perhaps that's why the customers "did not feel safe".

Arizona is full of Trumpsters.

Starbucks apologizes after six officers say they were asked to leave a store in Arizona Giphy

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:38 am

Funniest story I've read in ages!!! lol!

The staff were right, people would  be convinced there was a raid or summat,  and instead of coming into the cafe, , they'll just walk on by.

Hurriedly!!! Starbucks apologizes after six officers say they were asked to leave a store in Arizona 3986371719 Starbucks apologizes after six officers say they were asked to leave a store in Arizona 3986371719 Starbucks apologizes after six officers say they were asked to leave a store in Arizona 3986371719 lol! 

Sipping a latte is all about relaxation and that's not the sort of vibes a roomful of gun toting cops emit. Laughing

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:14 am

Jules wrote:Funniest story I've read in ages!!! lol!

The staff were right, people would  be convinced there was a raid or summat,  and instead of coming into the cafe, , they'll just walk on by.

Hurriedly!!! Starbucks apologizes after six officers say they were asked to leave a store in Arizona 3986371719 Starbucks apologizes after six officers say they were asked to leave a store in Arizona 3986371719 Starbucks apologizes after six officers say they were asked to leave a store in Arizona 3986371719 lol! 

Sipping a latte is all about relaxation and that's not the sort of vibes a roomful of gun toting cops emit. Laughing

YOu think police walking into a store and ordering coffee, looks like a raid to you

Only one way to describe that stupidity

Starbucks apologizes after six officers say they were asked to leave a store in Arizona Giphy

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:00 am

Well actually I was saying how it might look to the casual observer who was thinking of coming in. 6 cops!

Did that my very light hearted comment fall foul of one of your precious political principles that you wear like armoury?

Why do you always have a nasty insult on the tip of your tongue and why are you so easily triggered? Calm the F down.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:45 pm

Jules wrote:Well actually I was saying how it might look to the casual observer who was thinking of coming in.  6 cops!

Did that my very light hearted comment fall foul of one of your precious political principles that you wear like armoury?

Why do you always have a nasty insult on the tip of your tongue and why are you so easily triggered? Calm the F down.

Starbucks apologizes after six officers say they were asked to leave a store in Arizona 3489511464 You noticed? He is a dear, isn't he? Wink

Actually, I was being clever. Your answer makes more sense.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:59 pm

If customers feel unsafe in the presence of police officers having a a coffee, they're clearly up to no good. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:10 pm

Jules wrote:Well actually I was saying how it might look to the casual observer who was thinking of coming in.  6 cops!

A casual observer that is clearly unhinged.

As the police go into shops all the time and buy food and eat.

They did not have their guns drawn pointed at people or made commands and to be honest your post clearly slanted towards the idiocy of starbucks. Only someone with a distain for the Police through guilt by association woiuld make such an idiotic view point

There is nothing nasty about being critical of your quite idiotic post

If you post it, then own it and be prepared to understand you will be ridiculedd for such a really studpid view

There was nothing light hearted about being the fact how these cops were made to feel and your post simple played to the idiocy of how starbucks acted

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:24 pm

Put your toys back in your pram. I have no ''disdain'' for the police. I respect them. 

With some of the criminal things you have openly admitted to, in the past,  I don't know how you have the nerve to preach about respect for authority, to anyone.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:25 am

Jules wrote:Put your toys back in your pram. I have no ''disdain'' for the police. I respect them. 

With some of the criminal things you have openly admitted to, in the past,  I don't know how you have the nerve to preach about respect for authority, to anyone.

Wow, so you are judging me by my past and holding a view, that this should have any bases for this thread? I also paid the price for that.

Or you clearly never reading what happened. I have complete respect for the law and this happened many years ago.

I think you will find the only toys, that need picking up, are the ones you just chucked on the ground, whilst having your tantrum above

Well, at least now Gelico, can see what everyone has been saying

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down