NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arab world in seven charts: Are Arabs turning their backs on religion?

2 posters

Go down

The Arab world in seven charts: Are Arabs turning their backs on religion? Empty The Arab world in seven charts: Are Arabs turning their backs on religion?

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:01 am

Arabs are increasingly saying they are no longer religious, according to the largest and most in-depth survey undertaken of the Middle East and North Africa.

The finding is one of a number on how Arabs feel about a wide range of issues, from women's rights and migration to security and sexuality.

More than 25,000 people were interviewed for the survey - for BBC News Arabic by the Arab Barometer research network - across 10 countries and the Palestinian territories between late 2018 and spring 2019.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-48703377?fbclid=IwAR1hnkdYDYllO5QT7tBdfi6bH7GknV-FF_QKV0Hmq1s7I3v76wJwtC8Kams

Back to top Go down

The Arab world in seven charts: Are Arabs turning their backs on religion? Empty Re: The Arab world in seven charts: Are Arabs turning their backs on religion?

Post by Eilzel Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:26 am

Definitely a positive development!

The more the world moves away from organised religion the quicker we can work toward making it a better place for everyone Smile

Last edited by Eilzel on Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

The Arab world in seven charts: Are Arabs turning their backs on religion? Empty Re: The Arab world in seven charts: Are Arabs turning their backs on religion?

Post by Original Quill Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:03 pm

Eilzel wrote:Definitely a positive development!

The more the world moves away from organisation, the quicker we can work toward making it a better place for everyone Smile

What is wrong with organization?  Seems to me the way to greater peace and prosperity is through organization.

Perhaps you mean religious organization.  I would agree to that.  Many types of organization are harmful...organized crime being a classic example.  I would also be in favor of minimizing capitalism...put people back in front of profit.

But organization is just a method.  The issue is with the content.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:29 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Definitely a positive development!

The more the world moves away from organisation, the quicker we can work toward making it a better place for everyone Smile

What is wrong with organization?  Seems to me the way to greater peace and prosperity is through organization.

Perhaps you mean religious organization.  I would agree to that.  Many types of organization are harmful...organized crime being a classic example.  I would also be in favor of minimizing capitalism...put people back in front of profit.

But organization is just a method.  The issue is with the content.

PMSL

Yes, meant to type organised religion and must've blended them typing too fast - will ammend Laughing
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:01 pm

Laughing

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down