NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gravesend heroine who rescued child from busy Valley Drive road breaks silence

Go down

Gravesend heroine who rescued child from busy Valley Drive road breaks silence Empty Gravesend heroine who rescued child from busy Valley Drive road breaks silence

Post by Guest Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:58 pm

A 'humble heroine' who saved a young boy running towards a busy road has broke her silence after the dramatic rescue.

The mother, who wishes to remain anonymous, recalled the heart-stopping moment she raced down a Gravesend road to grab a young child who was sprinting towards traffic.

The rescue happened between Valley Drive and Hillside Avenue just before 8pm last Friday.

Speaking exclusively to KentOnline, the heroine said: "I did what anyone else would've done and just got out of the car as quickly as possible to grab the little boy.

"I waited with him and his brothers until police came and his mother was found. It was all just a shock at the time and the adrenaline took over me.

"After it was all over I went home and cried about everything that happened. It was a blur."

The Good Samaritan has said she will only come forward if the child's family do as well, adding that she doesn't want them to get any sort of abuse.

She said: "It was a total accident, we've all done it. The boys brothers were so upset, so I waited with them.

"If the family comes forward then so will I. I'd like to be reunited with them if they wanted to.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/gravesend/news/woman-who-pulled-child-from-busy-road-breaks-silence-206989/

Video on the link. Holy crap, my heart was in my throat watching that. Well done to that lady.

"Not all heroes wear capes."

Back to top Go down