NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faster than sound, with no visible engines: Pentagon's top-secret Congress briefing on UFOs sighted 'almost daily' by Navy pilots

5 posters

Go down

Faster than sound, with no visible engines: Pentagon's top-secret Congress briefing on UFOs sighted 'almost daily' by Navy pilots Empty Faster than sound, with no visible engines: Pentagon's top-secret Congress briefing on UFOs sighted 'almost daily' by Navy pilots

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:55 pm

The Pentagon has provided a classified briefing to members of Congress about reported encounters by US navy pilots and unidentified aircraft, some of which were said to have no visible engines and could reach hypersonic speeds.

Earlier this year, a number of pilots reported seeing the objects on an almost daily basis from the summer of 2014 to March 2015, while flying navy jets off the East Coast. Some of the encounters were even captured on video, leading the navy to announce it had updated the way pilots were to formally reports the incidents.

Now, the military has provided a classified briefings on the encounters to a group of senators, after the president said last week he had been updated on the issue.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/ufo-sightings-pentagon-us-navy-congress-senators-oceana-a8968256.html

I believe in this case, the phrase "Holy fucking shit!" is quite the understatement.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Faster than sound, with no visible engines: Pentagon's top-secret Congress briefing on UFOs sighted 'almost daily' by Navy pilots Empty Re: Faster than sound, with no visible engines: Pentagon's top-secret Congress briefing on UFOs sighted 'almost daily' by Navy pilots

Post by eddie Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:56 pm

Of course there’s other life out there. Don’t need The Pentagon to tell us now...after they’ve known it for decades.

But yeah, holy fucking shit.
At last.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Faster than sound, with no visible engines: Pentagon's top-secret Congress briefing on UFOs sighted 'almost daily' by Navy pilots Empty Re: Faster than sound, with no visible engines: Pentagon's top-secret Congress briefing on UFOs sighted 'almost daily' by Navy pilots

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:59 pm

eddie wrote:Of course there’s other life out there. Don’t need The Pentagon to tell us now...after they’ve known it for decades.

But yeah, holy fucking shit.
At last.

Han gone, these might not be from out of this world -- it could be some super-high-tech vehicle invented right here on Earth!

But yeah, probably not swamp gas, weather balloons or the planet Venus Laughing
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:37 pm

All those planets? Got to be life of some sort out there.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:41 pm

eddie wrote:All those planets? Got to be life of some sort out there.

I agree on that, at least. If you believe the universe is infinite, it would make sense that there are infinite opportunities for life to evolve.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:06 am

Life on this planet is pretty opportunist and enduring in some incredible and inhospitable circumstances so I can't believe its not just as opportunist and enduring elsewhere. Maybe not always carbon based and very different to anything we know but I can't see there being innumerable planets with nothing going on. There must be some planets with similar components as earth where similar life forms could have or will develop.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:22 am

Vintage wrote:Life on this planet is pretty opportunist and enduring in some incredible and inhospitable circumstances so I can't believe its not just as opportunist and enduring elsewhere. Maybe not always carbon based and very different to anything we know but I can't see there being innumerable planets with nothing going on. There must be some planets with similar components as earth where similar life forms could have or will develop.

As the phrase from Battlestar Galactica goes, "there are some who believe that life here began out there." It's certainly possible that the building blocks of life on Earth originated somewhere else in space.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:58 am

eddie wrote:

Faster than sound, with no visible engines: Pentagon's top-secret Congress briefing on UFOs sighted 'almost daily' by Navy pilots 2708656666
No doubt...

With millions of galaxies and billions of planets out there, no doubt there is some life starting , growing and eventually ending, on many 'somewheres' out there..

That is pretty well a mathematical and statistical 'certainty'.

However, one overriding question remains :

Why the hell would any advanced sentient alien race want to visit this messed-up planet, as we certainly don't have anything to offer them  ?

Unless, of course, they are the galactic pest controllers, and simply wanted to exterminate mankind in retribution for all of the damage it has done to this planet over millenia..
beam me up
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:26 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
eddie wrote:

Faster than sound, with no visible engines: Pentagon's top-secret Congress briefing on UFOs sighted 'almost daily' by Navy pilots 2708656666
No doubt...

With millions of galaxies and billions of planets out there, no doubt there is some life starting , growing and eventually ending, on many 'somewheres' out there..

Why the hell would any advanced sentient alien race want to visit this messed-up planet, as we certainly don't have anything to offer them  ?

Unless, of course, they are the galactic pest controllers, and simply wanted to exterminate mankind in retribution for all of the damage it has done to this planet over millenia..
beam me up

Or they need natural resources and/or slave labor, then we'd be quite the prize Cool
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:33 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
eddie wrote:

No doubt...

beam me up

Or they need natural resources and/or slave labor, then we'd be quite the prize Cool

Or they like our denim jeans. They may well be jealous of them.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:11 am

Our denim jeans are quite in fashion style, come to think of it. But honestly, if they invade to take our denim jeans, I'm not going to fight them.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:20 am

Ben Reilly wrote:Our denim jeans are quite in fashion style, come to think of it. But honestly, if they invade to take  our denim jeans, I'm not going to fight them.

They ain’t taking my favourite, faded, tiny denim jacket! No way.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:03 am

eddie wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:Our denim jeans are quite in fashion style, come to think of it. But honestly, if they invade to take  our denim jeans, I'm not going to fight them.

Okay, I would fight them for that.

But only half-heartedly, I'm only being honest.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:32 pm

eddie wrote:

I favour the same trucker jacket, only in that ole, 'natural' or 'off-white' color. I think they call it ecru now. Used to be at Nordstrom's but they are sold out.

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/treasure-bond-trim-fit-ecru-denim-trucker-jacket/5168842?siteid=tZkYzve9Cvk-

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down