NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Centre-Left in Denmark rewarded with election victory for anti-immigrant stance

3 posters

Go down

Centre-Left in Denmark rewarded with election victory for anti-immigrant stance  Empty Centre-Left in Denmark rewarded with election victory for anti-immigrant stance

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:30 pm

Social Democrat leader Mette Frederiksen is set to become Denmark's youngest ever prime minister after dragging her party sharply to the Right on immigration, a move that will be watched closely by other centre-Left parties in Europe.

"This evening we have won a historic victory for the red parties," the 41-year-old career politician said as she came on stage at the party's election vigil in the Danish parliament's Christiansborg Palace.

"Welfare, immigration, climate, the future: we have generated hope that we can improve Denmark."

Under her leadership, the party has adopted the rhetoric and policies of of the anti-immigration Danish People's Party, winning back many of its traditional working class voters, and inflicting crushing losses on the populist party, which saw its share of the vote plummet from 21.1 percent to 8.7 percent.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/06/06/centre-left-denmark-rewarded-election-victory-anti-immigrant/

I think this goes to prove, that its simple not right wing people that are concerned with immigration levels

Back to top Go down

Centre-Left in Denmark rewarded with election victory for anti-immigrant stance  Empty Re: Centre-Left in Denmark rewarded with election victory for anti-immigrant stance

Post by eddie Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:53 pm

Wow. That’s a little surprising. Never thought Denmark would go that way. Not that I know a great deal about Denmark...
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Centre-Left in Denmark rewarded with election victory for anti-immigrant stance  Empty Re: Centre-Left in Denmark rewarded with election victory for anti-immigrant stance

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:55 pm

eddie wrote:Wow. That’s a little surprising. Never thought Denmark would go that way. Not that I know a great deal about Denmark...

I think the point is even people on the left who hold many liberal values, are concerned with immigration levels Eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:57 pm

phildidge wrote:
eddie wrote:Wow. That’s a little surprising. Never thought Denmark would go that way. Not that I know a great deal about Denmark...

I think the point is even people on the left who hold many liberal values, are concerned with immigration levels Eddie

Yes I see that. It’s still a bit of a kick in the teeth for the left I’m guessing?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:00 pm

eddie wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Yes I see that. It’s still a bit of a kick in the teeth for the left I’m guessing?

That depends I guess on their reasons. There is many labour supporters also that are against high levels of immigration. They are not against immigration per say, but controlled to a sensible level. It is though at a cross roads, where people can use this to the far right advantage, with their hateful views on immigration

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:04 pm

Yeah the far right have a definite nastiness in regards to immigration. I work with lots of Eastern European’s (I think I’ve said this before) and I really like them. They’re hard-working and really warm - particularly the Romanians. Oh and their baked goods are delicious!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:05 pm

Yeah, it's time to start looking at immigration as a more complicated issue, I think. Spending time over here, I've met a number of people who voted Leave who don't strike me as particularly far-right or racist.

The problem isn't that people who want to slow immigration are racist; the problem is that people who are racist want to slow immigration, and that camp is usually the most outspoken, so they get more attention.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:07 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Yeah, it's time to start looking at immigration as a more complicated issue, I think. Spending time over here, I've met a number of people who voted Leave who don't strike me as particularly far-right or racist.

The problem isn't that people who want to slow immigration are racist; the problem is that people who are racist want to slow immigration, and that camp is usually the most outspoken, so they get more attention.

I do think the far right fuel the problem, but the left dont help themselves by not listening to people and placing those with geuine concerns into the same camp as racists. So when people are not listened too and wrongly cast as racist, what happens? They lean further right. Hence what the party did here, was actually listen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:08 pm

phildidge wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:Yeah, it's time to start looking at immigration as a more complicated issue, I think. Spending time over here, I've met a number of people who voted Leave who don't strike me as particularly far-right or racist.

I do think the far right fuel the problem, but the left dont help themselves by not listening to people and placing those with geuine concerns into the same camp as racists. So when people are not listened too and wrongly cast as racist, what happens? They lean further right. Hence what the party did here, was actually listen

Unfortunately, it can be hard to hear people with calm, sensible positions over the rantings of extremists.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:13 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Unfortunately, it can be hard to hear people with calm, sensible positions over the rantings of extremists.

But does that not mean, we should listen to everyone and either counter hateful views and understsand they are, compared to genuine concerns? In other words, be open to discusions?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:15 pm

phildidge wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
phildidge wrote:

But does that not mean, we should listen to everyone and either counter hateful views and understsand they are, compared to genuine concerns? In other words, be open to discusions?

Yes I think so. We should always be open to discussions. I strongly believe that.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:36 pm

75% of British people want a huge reduction in immigration.

Every day people...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:39 pm

75% of British people want a huge reduction in immigration.

Every day people...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:44 pm

phildidge wrote:

The 'problem' is mass immigration... and also, the 'problem' is that any suggestion of being against mass immigration is constantly misrepresented/portrayed as being somehow 'racist/xenophobic/far-right/nazi' etc...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:55 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
phildidge wrote:

The 'problem' is mass immigration... and also, the 'problem' is that any suggestion of being against mass immigration is constantly misrepresented/portrayed as being somehow 'racist/xenophobic/far-right/nazi' etc...!

I don’t think that. But then, I’m not into labels, groups or parties...nor am I narrow-minded.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down