NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theresa May

+4
nicko
eddie
Ben Reilly
Andy
8 posters

Go down

Theresa May Empty Theresa May

Post by Andy Fri May 24, 2019 8:00 pm

No may about it, she finally, at long, long last resigned.
The most woefully incompetent, unskilled and unempathetic PM we have had in a generation.
Her legacy leaves much to be desired.
Windrush, Brexit, food banks, welfare cuts austerity, child poverty, privatization of the NHS, and so much more.
And to think, she was idolized by a few on here, and by the majority on the now almost defunct and ghost town Turkish forum.
She inherited a poisoned chalice from Cameron, as will Alexander Boris De Pfeffel Johnson. Which is what he deserves as he is a clown and a buffoon. And what a name. Could be the love child of Rees-Mogg .
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Theresa May Empty Re: Theresa May

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 24, 2019 8:24 pm

Yeah, Brexit was the chalice she inherited from Cameron, who I would still say holds most of the blame for Brexit. Don't dare the public to do something and have no plan when they take you up on the dare.

I think May was in an impossible situation. Not that I'm fond of her at all, but she had the most difficult job in the world there for a while.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 24, 2019 8:28 pm

I’m no fan of the Tories but she’s a human and she inherited a really tough job. I feel sorry for her.
Nobody knows what it’s like to do that job, especially one that comes with the like of shit that Cameron left behind.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri May 24, 2019 8:40 pm

And oh boy, those tears.

Nearly as many as the Windrush victims separated and wrongly deported with her name on the Home Office deportation notice.
Just how humane was THAT?

Last edited by Andy on Fri May 24, 2019 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 24, 2019 8:44 pm

Andy wrote:And oh boy, those tears.

Nearly as many as the Windrush victims separated and wrongly deported with her name on the Home Office deportation notice.

Your complete love of politics completely blinds you to human beings.
I’m so glad I’m nothing like that.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri May 24, 2019 8:45 pm

+1
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri May 24, 2019 8:52 pm

This year, May ends in June !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 24, 2019 8:54 pm

And apparently we have some slithery little gasbag looking in on this thread and sending abuse reports.

Some waste of space, breathing up oxygen more deserved by the snails in my back garden. Some snide little shit with no life and endless free time, because he's of no use to anyone.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri May 24, 2019 8:57 pm

Name and shame, Ben.

Eds, I see humanity in most folk, but I'm afraid May was callous in illegally separating Windrush mums, dad's, sons, daughters and grandparents, some of whom sadly died without ever reuniting with their family.
Her apology was insincere and way too late.
The damage done could never be undone.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 24, 2019 9:02 pm

Andy wrote:Name and shame, Ben.

Eds, I see humanity in most folk, but I'm afraid May was callous in illegally separating Windrush mums, dad's, sons, daughters and grandparents, some of whom sadly died without ever reuniting with their family.

That’s a fair enough comment Andy, but she’s still a human and took on an almost impossible task. She tried her best, probably. I don’t know of course, as I’m not privy to Westminster dealings.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 24, 2019 9:10 pm

Andy wrote:Name and shame, Ben.

I'd name him if he had the balls to identify himself. But we all know who it is anyway. Anyway, that's not what this thread is about and I don't want to waste another breath on that utter pissant.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2019 9:28 pm

She had one major task to complete and failed to do this as she looked more at her own destiny as a saviour of Britain and failed dramatically. All she did is end up further dividing this nation and play into the hands of the Far right and left.

When a person tries to juggle too many people, never once defining what they stand for. They create far worse chaos and I have simple have no sympathy for her. She failed to listen and when people do that. They think what they think is best. Means they disregard everyone around them. That means they are a poor leader.

What people are fed up with. Is the reality. That all parties are not committed to finding a viable solution to this problem. They only care about their political ambitions. I think this whole episode has proven to people. How politically corrupt the political system is in the UK and how hardly any of the politicians actually care for the majority of the populace. This is proven by how May, has continually poorly clung to power. It has made us the laughing stock of the world and will end up allowing for extreme elements to garner more votes and power.

Those that have sympathy for May. Have no concept of actual history in the past. Where people like her. Were in reality neither strong or able to unite a country behind a goal. Thier own self worth mattered more

The sad reality is this. The UK, like the US is heading for a future more divisive

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri May 24, 2019 9:31 pm

Pretty fair summing up Didge.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2019 9:35 pm

Andy wrote:Pretty fair summing up Didge.

Thanks mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 24, 2019 10:18 pm

I haven't really followed Brexit in great detail, so I can't comment on her handling of it in detail. I will say though that a lot of politicians and MPs have shamed this country, but she's not one of them. She took on a very difficult task, and she was impeded by many buffoons in parliament who tried to bully her. She stood up to them and always stayed calm and cool.

Is she even looking for sympathy? She's probably had enough of the whole thing.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 24, 2019 10:22 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I haven't really followed Brexit in great detail, so I can't comment on her handling of it in detail. I will say though that a lot of politicians and MPs have shamed this country, but she's not one of them. She took on a very difficult task, and she was impeded by many buffoons in parliament who tried to bully her. She stood up to them and always stayed calm and cool.

I quite agree with you despite the fact that I am not a Tory nor a fan of Theresa May.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2019 10:50 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I haven't really followed Brexit in great detail, so I can't comment on her handling of it in detail. I will say though that a lot of politicians and MPs have shamed this country, but she's not one of them. She took on a very difficult task, and she was impeded by many buffoons in parliament who tried to bully her. She stood up to them and always stayed calm and cool.

If she had of had enough of the whole thing, why had she then agreed to a second referendum. Simple to get her deal? Why then not resign, if she had of had enough. She has continually clung to power instead

You need to understand Rags, this is more about here making a statement on history to her

She has had so many knock backs and wants to bow down to what she originally did not agree with. The point plans with Labour

They are now dictating to her

Labour are looking to gain power and she is seeking their support for her plan and they are using her

I agree that none of the politicians care about this

I think most are still in shock the public voted against them in the main

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat May 25, 2019 6:08 am

May was always a remainer, the EU walked all over her. "No deal is better than a bad deal", she lied !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat May 25, 2019 6:19 am

Meh. If you or I did not do the job we were hired to do, we would get sacked.

I agree she inherited a poisoned chalice and she was subjected to some right old Machiavellian tactics but that’s the nature of the beast in politics. She wasn’t a personality and that seems to be what most people want nowadays.

On a human level I kind of feel sorry for her, I do think she tried her best but as I can’t say I’m that sorry to see her go but fear it will only lead to someone worse.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat May 25, 2019 9:09 am

Question

Boris Johnson as Britain's next PM  ???

If so, he would be joining the likes of other nutbag leaders rising to power in recent years :

Trump,   Putin,   Kim Jong Un, et al..

All of our collective nightmares are coming true.

Theresa May 1191311443
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat May 25, 2019 9:52 am

Cass wrote:Meh. If you or I did not do the job we were hired to do, we would get sacked.

I agree she inherited a poisoned chalice and she was subjected to some right old Machiavellian tactics but that’s the nature of the beast in politics. She wasn’t a personality and that seems to be what most people want nowadays.

On a human level I kind of feel sorry for her, I do think she tried her best but as I can’t say I’m that sorry to see her go but fear it will only lead to someone worse.

I wish that she had held on until she had absolutely no choice but to go, but maybe she just had enough and needs some time out.

The idea that someone else is going to take charge and miraculously sort everything out is not realistic. There are too many factions, and whoever takes over is going to come up against the same problems IMO.

There will eventually have to be a general election and then we're going to have Corbyn telling everyone that only he can sort the country out, but he won't get my vote.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat May 25, 2019 10:03 am

I too dislike Corbyn, but if he wins, he wins.
The Tories have had nearly 10 years, and the country is in a worse mess than ever.
They tried and have failed.
Time for a. General Election.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat May 25, 2019 11:06 pm

Theresa May A6f4d410

I don’t blame her.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun May 26, 2019 8:24 am

That's one of the more flattering photos of May.
The RW press are really going to town photoshopping her most gurning pictures.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun May 26, 2019 1:14 pm

I'm glad she's gone... her whole handling of Brexit has been duplicitous... she has always been a remainer and tried to force us in to a deal with the EU whereby we never really leave at all...!

We need a leaver in charge, and we need to leave under wto terms if the EU wont offer us a sensible deal...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun May 26, 2019 4:13 pm

+1
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun May 26, 2019 4:54 pm

It won't matter who is in charge - he/she will still not have a working majority, until the end of the parliament or until a General Election.
People will moan about Corbyn, but the opposition's job is to question and challenge the government and to try to get themselves elected.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun May 26, 2019 5:13 pm

The British people have made the decision to leave the EU... and no deal is better than a bad deal!!!

And it is also the law that we leave without a deal if a deal cant be agreed!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down