NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

voting intentions - should we change our system

+2
eddie
gelico
6 posters

Go down

voting intentions - should we change our system Empty voting intentions - should we change our system

Post by gelico Mon May 13, 2019 7:24 pm

European Election Voting Intention:

BXP: 34% (+4)
LAB: 16% (-5)
LDM: 15% (+5)
GRN: 11% (+2)
CON: 10% (-3)
CHUK: 5% (-4)

should we go for proportional representation? or would that just cause more chaos

brexit party will dominate with only a third of the votes

i may well vote for the greens, not sure yet

what are your predictions for how people may vote in general elections, based on this

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

voting intentions - should we change our system Empty Re: voting intentions - should we change our system

Post by eddie Mon May 13, 2019 8:03 pm

I think that the Tories and Labour will suffer this time around. Not sure who will pick up their floating voters.
I’ll probably vote Green this time, as I’ve done before.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

voting intentions - should we change our system Empty Re: voting intentions - should we change our system

Post by Andy Mon May 13, 2019 8:19 pm

I will vote Green at the Euros, if only as a tactical vote., simply to thwart Farage.
PR has too many problems that need ironng out - it would be simple for a radical and unpleasant party to suddenly acquire a lot of power.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon May 13, 2019 8:19 pm

Gelico... the EU MEP elections are already done by a system of PR...!

And don't you think there has already been enough of a stitch up going on over Brexit and democracy here in UK...!?

We first joined the EEC in 1973 without any referendum or public consent... at which time it was supposed to be just a simple trade arrangement on coal and steel between only several other European countries...

Then the referendum was held in 1975 on us staying in this arrangement... with it clearly stated that it was only a simple trade arrangement on coal and steel between these few European countries... and clearly stated that it would never mean any loss of sovereignty or that it would ever morph into anything other than this... and would never result in the any creation of any form of European governing organisation whereby the UK and other countries would ever become some sort of subservient rule taker...

This referendum result of staying in was only won by a narrow margin...

Thatcher was all praise for this new trading opportunity... initially that is... when it was only what it originally said it was... but then changed her mind to be totally against it when she realised what this EEC/EU organisation really had planned... which was to set itself up as an EU government that would be controlling all other countries governments, run by an elected group called the commission, and with EU parliament being unable to put forward or create any legislation but only able to rubber stamp the stuff that the commission created and allowed to be considered... and all of which would then be legally binding on all other European countries to adhere to... overriding and controlling laws and rules and regulations in all nations...

Look up her famous "no, no, no" speech...

She was quickly ousted by the treacherous pro EU parliamentarians after this...

Since then... we have had treaty after treaty signed up by successive governments... all signing away more power and control to the EU... and all without any permission by the British people...

Then came the EU constitution... the Lisbon treaty by other name... which was promised a referendum on by all main partys... but then rushed through into UK law without any referendum being allowed...

The French and Dutch and Irish had a say on it... and all said NO!!!

But it still just rolled on into play...

Then UKIP made significant gains in all elections here in UK... and it put so much pressure on the uk govt at the time to call a referendum and finally give the British people a say...!!!

AND WE VOTED TO LEAVE THE EU!!!

3 YEARS LATER... WE STILL HAVENT LEFT THD EU!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 13, 2019 8:31 pm

I don't even get a vote, despite the fact that I pay shit-tons of VAT to Tescos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon May 13, 2019 9:11 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I don't even get a vote, despite the fact that I pay shit-tons of VAT to Tescos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was going to be the only reason I would get citizenship for but to me it wasn’t worth the money and hassle. I may do if we ever plan to come back but even then I’m not sure.

I voted in the USA elections through the embassy. Contact them to find out how.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon May 13, 2019 9:35 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I don't even get a vote, despite the fact that I pay shit-tons of VAT to Tescos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And there's me thinking condoms were VAT free!😃
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon May 13, 2019 9:37 pm

I did read that Melania Trump was going to do a party political broadcast naked,.
The Donald told her he wanted a general erection.🤣
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 13, 2019 10:48 pm

Andy wrote:
And there's me thinking condoms were VAT free!😃

HAHAHAHAHA

Went there today and bought food and whiskey for £27.50. The food came to £7.50 and the whiskey was £20!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 13, 2019 11:00 pm

Cass wrote:

That was going to be the only reason I would get citizenship for but to me it wasn’t worth the money and hassle. I may do if we ever plan to come back but even then I’m not sure.

Wait, are you English or American? I always was under the impression you were English and immigrated to America, not the other way around. All this time I may have been a fool, a fool!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon May 13, 2019 11:49 pm

gelico wrote:

should we go for proportional representation?  or would that just cause more chaos

what are your predictions for how people may vote in general elections, based on this

And don't you think there has already been enough of a stitch up going on over Brexit and democracy here in UK...!?

We first joined the EEC in 1973 without any referendum or public consent... at which time it was supposed to be just a simple trade arrangement on coal and steel between only several other European countries...

Then the referendum was held in 1975 on us staying in this arrangement... with it clearly stated that it was only a simple trade arrangement on coal and steel between these few European countries... and clearly stated that it would never mean any loss of sovereignty or that it would ever morph into anything other than this... and would never result in the any creation of any form of European governing organisation whereby the UK and other countries would ever become some sort of subservient rule taker...

Thatcher was all praise for this new trading opportunity... initially that is... when it was only what it originally said it was... but then changed her mind to be totally against it when she realised what this EEC/EU organisation really had planned... which was to set itself up as an EU government that would be controlling all other countries governments, run by an elected group called the commission, and with EU parliament being unable to put forward or create any legislation but only able to rubber stamp the stuff that the commission created and allowed to be considered... and all of which would then be legally binding on all other European countries to adhere to... overriding and controlling laws and rules and regulations in all nations...

Since then... we have had treaty after treaty signed up by successive governments... all signing away more power and control to the EU... and all without any permission by the British people...

Then came the EU constitution... the Lisbon treaty by other name... which was promised a referendum on by all main partys... but then rushed through into UK law without any referendum being allowed...

Then UKIP made significant gains in all elections here in UK... and it put so much pressure on the uk govt at the time to call a referendum and finally give the British people a say...!!!

3 YEARS LATER... WE STILL HAVENT LEFT THE EU!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Mon May 13, 2019 11:56 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
gelico wrote:

should we go for proportional representation?  or would that just cause more chaos

3 YEARS LATER... WE STILL HAVENT LEFT THE EU!!!

yeah, i understand all that,, tommy. my dad has said the same thing for years and years.

but it is what it is and we are where we are, regardless of what was promised

i'm just saying that for the future,,,,,,

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue May 14, 2019 12:36 am

"...it is what it is and we are where we are, regardless of what was promised..."

Fuck that!!!

Our democracy and national sovereignty has never been something that any politician has ever had the right to give away!!!

It is something that belongs to the British people!

And the British people have never given permission for any of it!!!

So... the hand over of power and control over our nation to the EU by our treacherous political servants... is completely illegal and unjustified... and should therefore mean that all/any EU subservience should be ignored!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue May 14, 2019 1:37 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
Cass wrote:

Wait, are you English or American? I always was under the impression you were English and immigrated to America, not the other way around. All this time I may have been a fool, a fool!

Yes you damn fool Laughing Eds give him a smack upside his head from me.

I left the US at 16 for the U.K. and returned in 2008. Mr. C and the boys and my mum are all duals. I am not. Mostly because I couldn’t be bothered. But I consider myself to be half and half inside if not actually legally.

I have a right to remain indefinitely so have an NHS number, tax number, P45/46 etc... and qualify for the basic state pension.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 14, 2019 6:56 am

eddie wrote:I think that the Tories and Labour will suffer this time around. Not sure who will pick up their floating voters.
I’ll probably vote Green this time, as I’ve done before.  

You will vote greens??

Wow I never would have thought that

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue May 14, 2019 8:18 am

Smelly, who will you vote for now that Hitler is dead?
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 14, 2019 10:50 am

Andy wrote:Smelly, who will you vote for now that Hitler is dead?

Corbyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down