NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Men are being squeezed out of top jobs because they can't compete with 'talkative' female rivals, study finds

3 posters

Go down

Men are being squeezed out of top jobs because they can't compete with 'talkative' female rivals, study finds Empty Men are being squeezed out of top jobs because they can't compete with 'talkative' female rivals, study finds

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2019 2:17 am

Men face being squeezed out of the best-paying jobs because they cannot compete with the face-to-face confidence of female rivals, a study has found.

It said women were winning the battle for success because they were better at getting on with colleagues and clients.

The study found that over a 20-year period, a lower share of men were appointed to the highest-paid jobs, even though the number of such jobs increased.

The research published by the UBS International Centre of Economics in Society said: 'The key driver seems to be growing demand for social skills, such as empathy, communication, emotion recognition and verbal expression, in which evidence from psychological research indicates that women have a comparative advantage.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6991023/Men-squeezed-jobs-compete-talkative-female-rivals.html

Back to top Go down

Men are being squeezed out of top jobs because they can't compete with 'talkative' female rivals, study finds Empty Re: Men are being squeezed out of top jobs because they can't compete with 'talkative' female rivals, study finds

Post by eddie Tue May 07, 2019 8:37 pm

We have more female bosses than men where I work. Don’t know why that is.

I find women harder to deal with than men in the workplace. They’re a lot bitchier.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Men are being squeezed out of top jobs because they can't compete with 'talkative' female rivals, study finds Empty Re: Men are being squeezed out of top jobs because they can't compete with 'talkative' female rivals, study finds

Post by Ben Reilly Tue May 07, 2019 8:44 pm

Come to think of it, I've never had a male boss who wasn't a little more blessed in the talking and personality departments than your average Joe. They've all had that leadership charisma.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed May 08, 2019 12:55 am

eddie wrote:We have more female bosses than men where I work. Don’t know why that is.

I find women harder to deal with than men in the workplace. They’re a lot bitchier.

Smile

I've heard the same thing before from people who work in personnel areas or in the employment field...

Female bosses and supervisors are bitchier;
Female-dominated workplaces are both bitchier and less productive/efficient -- especially where the proportion of women rises above 60% or so..

The best balanced and best-run workplaces seem to occur when the proportion of women drops to around 40% or so.

On the other hand, all male workplaces can often become rougher, more bullying, more reckless -- so that introducing a few women into the mix will steady and stabilse many workplaces, and of course, women will often lift the efficiency in certain areas..

Amd don't forget those old 'addages' about "(most) women can't read maps" and "(many) men can't follow directions"...
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed May 08, 2019 11:29 am

There is still bullying in a female environment. It’s just sneakier and underplayed.
I find that a lot worse.

I’ve left jobs due to other females.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed May 08, 2019 1:54 pm

Smile

I've never had a fulltime job in a 'female dominated' workplace, so I've never been directly affected like those in the O/P...

I reckon those kinds of personnel problems would be a lot more common in many office environments, and in many retail,  health, and primary education areas..

Certainly not in agricultural or heavy industry fields, where most of my employment has been.

A bit different in my beekeeping, though, as well --  where 99.9% of a beehive's resident population is female.  In there, the females "rule the roost"..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed May 08, 2019 6:27 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Smile

I've never had a fulltime job in a 'female dominated' workplace, so I've never been directly affected like those in the O/P...

I reckon those kinds of personnel problems would be a lot more common in many office environments, and in many retail,  health, and primary education areas..

Certainly not in agricultural or heavy industry fields, where most of my employment has been.

A bit different in my beekeeping, though, as well --  where 99.9% of a beehive's resident population is female.  In there, the females "rule the roost"..

Ah...the Queen Bee. She who must be obeyed. Cool
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down