NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parents FURIOUS over 'Privilege Reflection Survey' Being Administered at NY High School

3 posters

Go down

Parents FURIOUS over 'Privilege Reflection Survey' Being Administered at NY High School Empty Parents FURIOUS over 'Privilege Reflection Survey' Being Administered at NY High School

Post by Guest Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:45 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm8r6INMbbU

Parents FURIOUS over 'Privilege Reflection Survey' Being Administered at NY High School CFF7D6DF53844C4A9537B122B65F95AA

SARATOGA SPRINGS -- A class exercise asking students at Saratoga Springs High School to score their privileged status raised concerns among parents worried about the assignment’s underlying message and the use of offensive words.

Parents said it was harmful to have students score themselves on factors like “attractiveness,” “disability” and race, potentially reinforcing negative feelings, and some argued the assignment and the teacher unfairly singled out white male students as especially privileged.

https://dailygazette.com/article/2019/02/14/privilege-scorecard-stirs-angst-in-saratoga-springs

Holy crap, I have never seen something so ridiculous in all my life. So according to this, Jews are more privileged than any other religion

How antisemitic

Africans are less priviliged than people from the Middle east, which would include Jews

Africans score -400 and people from the Middle east -600. Indigeneous people do not even register on this.

This is the problem with the Far left today, promoting this inequality racist claptrap.

I mean even the homeless do not score lower than some groups on there. How do they even quantify the numbers here?

Back to top Go down

Parents FURIOUS over 'Privilege Reflection Survey' Being Administered at NY High School Empty Re: Parents FURIOUS over 'Privilege Reflection Survey' Being Administered at NY High School

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:34 pm

The whole idea behind privilege is simply that this mean ol' world tends to treat some people better than others, and on the basis of factors like race, gender, sexual preference, religion and nationality. And it varies from place to place, obviously.

People who bemoan the concept of "white privilege" would readily believe it if they were told that white people weren't treated as well as black people in a majority-black country.

Well, in that country they could talk about "black privilege" and have roughly half of the nation call them snowflakes -- which in a majority-black nation would definitely be a racial slur, by the way.

I know this is only tangentially related to your OP and I apologize for going off-track.

As for the survey in your story, yeah, that seems quite bullshit. Sure to do more harm than good.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Parents FURIOUS over 'Privilege Reflection Survey' Being Administered at NY High School Empty Re: Parents FURIOUS over 'Privilege Reflection Survey' Being Administered at NY High School

Post by eddie Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:46 pm

Why don’t people stop being upset over stuff? Isn’t it just what the students think of themselves?

It’s just opinions. What is the big deal? Or am I not seeing it?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:01 pm

And furthermore, isn’t it better to get this sort of thing out in the open in order to deal with it?

Or am I still not getting it?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:15 pm

The biggest potential harm I can see from this is that the students won't look at one another as individuals, but I don't see any of the parents complaining about that possibility, to be fair.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:25 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:The biggest potential harm I can see from this is that the students won't look at one another as individuals, but I don't see any of the parents complaining about that possibility, to be fair.

The fact that they did their own questionnaire by themselves, using their own opinions, shows me that they cannot fail to see each other as individuals.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed May 01, 2019 1:56 am

Parents FURIOUS over 'Privilege Reflection Survey' Being Administered at NY High School 4183205388

That idiotic "survey" isn't simply an indication of some "far left wing insanity",  Didge...

What it is,  is yet another sign that those non-benevolent aliens are systematically sucking those teachers' brains out --  preparing the world for their impending invasion and climate change/terra-forming efforts..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01, 2019 2:02 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Parents FURIOUS over 'Privilege Reflection Survey' Being Administered at NY High School 4183205388

That idiotic "survey" isn't simply an indication of some "far left wing insanity",  Didge...

What it is,  is yet another sign that those non-benevolent aliens are systematically sucking those teachers' brains out --  preparing the world for their impending invasion and climate change/terra-forming efforts..

Yes it is, as its based on the concept of intersectionality. Which is a divisie left wing concept

That seeks to divide people based on oppression points as seen above

Its basing this on identity politics

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01, 2019 2:09 am

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:The whole idea behind privilege is simply that this mean ol' world tends to treat some people better than others, and on the basis of factors like race, gender, sexual preference, religion and nationality. And it varies from place to place, obviously.

People who bemoan the concept of "white privilege" would readily believe it if they were told that white people weren't treated as well as black people in a majority-black country.

Well, in that country they could talk about "black privilege" and have roughly half of the nation call them snowflakes -- which in a majority-black nation would definitely be a racial slur, by the way.

I know this is only tangentially related to your OP and I apologize for going off-track.

As for the survey in your story, yeah, that seems quite bullshit. Sure to do more harm than good.

Well mainly as you are backing a racist concept yourself. Being the fact if white privilige exist, this would mean all white people benefit off this equally, which is of course absolute nonense.

People are not treated well all the time, dependent on who they face in lfe. The very idea that people can be collectivelly advantaged in the 21set century based on their skin colour is quite frankly utterly absurd and racist. Its also holding the view that only white people are in positions of power.

The worst underperforming boys in British schools are now white working class boys. How is skin colour helping them?

The majority of people sleeping on the street are white men in the uk. How is their skin colour helping them?

We are all born into privilige in the west, no matter our group. What you have is some people individually discriminate, just as some people suffer individually discrimination.

The whole idea of privilege based on skin colour is yet again showing the divise nature of the warped left wing mind

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01, 2019 2:13 am

eddie wrote:And furthermore, isn’t it better to get this sort of thing out in the open in order to deal with it?

No you are not getting it, because as seen people are already seen as advantaged or disadvantged simple based on identity politics. So as seen, if someone is Middle Eastern, even though plenty are super rish, they are seen as automatically disadvantaged by such a racist and divisive system. Its basing this off poor and quite frankly divisive sterotypes. As seen the view is that automatically all Middle Eastern people are worse off than all African people. Based on a made up score system. Which has nothing to base how they quantified the numbers.

This is the damaging effect that the waped leftist ideologies is having on children. As seen above Ben falls for this gibberish as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down