NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Researchers Create ‘First-of-its-Kind’ Roadmap for Saving Earth From Climate Change Years Before 2050 Deadline

2 posters

Go down

Researchers Create ‘First-of-its-Kind’ Roadmap for Saving Earth From Climate Change Years Before 2050 Deadline Empty Researchers Create ‘First-of-its-Kind’ Roadmap for Saving Earth From Climate Change Years Before 2050 Deadline

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:01 pm

A Finnish university has published a comprehensive global road map on how the world can reduce its carbon emissions before the 2050 deadline – and the research says that it is quite feasible.

The report breaks down exactly how the world’s different regions can transition to 100% renewable energy as a means of preventing the more catastrophic outcomes of irreversible climate change.

The study is the first of its kind to outline a cost-effective international strategy to keep the planet’s carbon emissions at 1.5 degrees Celsius. Not only that, it is the first study of its kind to suggest a global strategy that does not involve carbon-capture technology.

The report, which is being called the “Global Energy System based on 100% Renewable Energy – Power, Heat, Transport and Desalination Sectors”, was conducted by the Lappeenranta University of Technology (LUT) and the Energy Watch Group (EWG) from Germany.

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/first-of-its-kind-roadmap-to-save-earth-from-climate-change-before-2050/

Back to top Go down

Researchers Create ‘First-of-its-Kind’ Roadmap for Saving Earth From Climate Change Years Before 2050 Deadline Empty Re: Researchers Create ‘First-of-its-Kind’ Roadmap for Saving Earth From Climate Change Years Before 2050 Deadline

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:15 pm

interesting Didge...BUT

unfortunately it requires global cooperation......

nah   cant see that happening can you?

secondly it talks of "legal privileges" for small scale producers

pffft that aint going to happen...I mean the first privilege I woul;d expect is exemption from part P of the electricity regulations , so that I can develop install and maintain my own system LEGALLY rather than to have to pay through the nose for some shit for brains sparky, to do for me what I can do better (and safer) myself....Or alternatively have to pay through the nose EVERY year in order to hold that bit of paper that says I'm a sparky (but in reality means bugger all).

this is one of those reports that will be filed as "interesting but unobtainable"
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Researchers Create ‘First-of-its-Kind’ Roadmap for Saving Earth From Climate Change Years Before 2050 Deadline Empty Re: Researchers Create ‘First-of-its-Kind’ Roadmap for Saving Earth From Climate Change Years Before 2050 Deadline

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:54 pm

Victorismyhero wrote:interesting Didge...BUT

unfortunately it requires global cooperation......

nah   cant see that happening can you?

secondly it talks of "legal privileges" for small scale producers

pffft that aint going to happen...I mean the first privilege I woul;d expect is exemption from part P of the electricity regulations , so that I can develop install and maintain my own system LEGALLY rather than to have to pay through the nose for some shit for brains sparky, to do for me what I can do better (and safer) myself....Or alternatively have to pay through the nose EVERY year in order to hold that bit of paper that says I'm a sparky (but in reality means bugger all).

this is one of those reports that will be filed as "interesting but unobtainable"

Is it feesible at present Victor?

I dont think it is, but it is a roadmap to work from for the future

I agree its going to take world leaders to get on board and hence why I dont think its unobtainable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:13 pm

And you'll have anybody calling it "one-world government" if it looks likely that any agreement will come together.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:29 pm

and 2050 will come and we will all still be here, the planet will still be here and the niave and gullible will keep pushing back their doomsday deadline while demanding we all deindustrialise and go live in caves and eat grass to save the planet by 2067.........2090.........2100..........2120..............2156...........2187.............2200..........................

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:34 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:and 2050 will come and we will all still be here, the planet will still be here and the niave and gullible will keep pushing back their doomsday deadline while demanding we all deindustrialise and go live in caves and eat grass to save the planet by 2067.........2090.........2100..........2120..............2156...........2187.............2200..........................

You won't be here in 2050, aren't you like 100 now?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:52 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:and 2050 will come and we will all still be here, the planet will still be here and the niave and gullible will keep pushing back their doomsday deadline while demanding we all deindustrialise and go live in caves and eat grass to save the planet by 2067.........2090.........2100..........2120..............2156...........2187.............2200..........................

You won't be here in 2050, aren't you like 100 now?

what???

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down