NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woman offered £7,000 to break up with fiancé - and she took it

+2
Cass
eddie
6 posters

Go down

Woman offered £7,000 to break up with fiancé - and she took it Empty Woman offered £7,000 to break up with fiancé - and she took it

Post by eddie Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:00 pm

A woman has revealed how she was offered a bribe to leave her partner of five years - by his own parents

The unnamed woman revealed all in a post on Reddit, describing how her fiancé's parents came to her and offered her a lot of money on the condition that she break off things with their son.

And it seems the woman had no problem accepting the cash and getting the hell out of there - but she had pretty good reason to do so.

She begins by explaining that she met her partner in college and they dated for several years before he popped the question.

The woman knew his wealthy mum and dad didn't think she was good enough for their son, but she says it never bothered her as she "loved him and thought [they] could get through this".

However after they got engaged, she began to notice that he was changing, and becoming increasingly like his parents.

She said: "He became extremely controlling. He wanted to know where I was almost every moment of the day, at one point he even said after we are married he wants to schedule out my day so he knows where I am at all times. Along with this I found out he is an alcoholic who can become very belligerent when drunk. These red flags were enough for me and I've been thinking of stepping back for a while now. The real tipping point was when he told me that he feels like he has to 'settle' for me and that he can do better."

The woman decided then to start distancing herself emotionally from her partner and was getting ready to leave him.

So when his mother called and offered her $10,000 to break up with her son, she knew it was too perfect of an opportunity to pass up.

"We made an agreement to never tell my ex or anyone else about our 'exchange'. And so that night I went home, packed my bag and broke up with him," she continued.

"I moved out that next week and haven't seen him since. He's called me multiple times but I've ignored him. Mutual friends say he's a wreck and that he 'still loves me'. His parents contacted me once since then thanking me and wishing me luck in life.

"I was planning on breaking up with him anyway, that was never going to change. The money though, did help. Was I wrong to take it? His family mistreated me so at the time I just saw it as a way of repaying me for that."

People who read the post were quick to tell her she did the right thing.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/woman-offered-7000-break-up-14445476

If you want to break up with someone why wait until you’re offered money? She sounds horrible and so do his parents.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Woman offered £7,000 to break up with fiancé - and she took it Empty Re: Woman offered £7,000 to break up with fiancé - and she took it

Post by Cass Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:45 pm

This is as bad as the whole cheap engagement ring story.

Plus why go shout you’re a bitch on social media? Are you expecting sympathy and/or congratulations for “being clever”? scratch
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Woman offered £7,000 to break up with fiancé - and she took it Empty Re: Woman offered £7,000 to break up with fiancé - and she took it

Post by Original Quill Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:56 pm

She was probably thinking about it, anyway. The inducement just pushed her over the edge.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:04 pm

Cass wrote:This is as bad as the whole cheap engagement ring story.

Plus why go shout you’re a bitch on social media? Are you expecting sympathy and/or congratulations for “being clever”? scratch

Yeah, exactly what I thought. Not that I’d ever consider doing what she did, but if I did, I’d certainly not shout about it proudly.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:05 pm

Original Quill wrote:She was probably thinking about it, anyway.  The inducement just pushed her over the edge.

Yes she probably was considering it but why take money? It’s just unseemly.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:26 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:She was probably thinking about it, anyway.  The inducement just pushed her over the edge.

Sounds like something I would do if they'd pissed me off enough, to be fair.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:43 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
eddie wrote:

Yeah that’s because you’re a little shit. Cool
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:08 am

eddie wrote:

Cool

She probably considers it to be "just compensation" for their treatment of her over the years...

At $20/hr,  that's only 500 hours wages;  at $5/hr it would be 2,000 hours  --  how many years did she have to tolerate their attitude.. Maybe she should have hung around a few more weeks, and seen if dear ol' mum doubled her offer ?
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:32 am

eddie wrote:
Cass wrote:This is as bad as the whole cheap engagement ring story.

Yeah, exactly what I thought. Not that I’d ever consider doing what she did,  but if I did, I’d certainly not shout about it proudly.

She’s just plain old tacky.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:05 pm

eddie wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
eddie wrote:

Yeah that’s because you’re a little shit. Cool

Well, you married a little shit.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:13 am

Take the Money, and after a few months get back together !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down