NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EU 'will charge Britain £1billion a month' over any Brexit delay if Theresa May is forced to ask for an extension this week

5 posters

Go down

EU 'will charge Britain £1billion a month' over any Brexit delay if Theresa May is forced to ask for an extension this week Empty EU 'will charge Britain £1billion a month' over any Brexit delay if Theresa May is forced to ask for an extension this week

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:53 am

Brussels will demand another £13.5billion in Brexit divorce payments if Theresa May seeks an extension to Article 50, it is claimed.

EU states are said to be 'hardening' their stance against a longer Brexit process and could force Britain to stay in a customs union as the price of agreeing a delay.

MPs could vote on a postponement this week if, as expected, Theresa May's deal is defeated again in the House of Commons tomorrow.

The PM has suggested a three-month delay but EU diplomats will demand more money if the extension is longer than a few weeks, the Daily Telegraph reported.

An EU source told the newspaper: 'Lines are hardening against extension... Anything more than a few weeks will come with legal and financial conditions attached.'

Brussels could ask Britain to pay an extra £13.5billion a year - £1bn a month - on top of the current £39bn divorce deal, it is reported.

The EU could also push for Britain to stay in a customs union, a move opposed by many Brexiteers who want the UK to strike new trade deals instead.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6793499/EU-charge-Britain-1billion-month-Brexit-delay.html

Yet more blackmail and to be honest I am sick to death of the stance of the EU

We should tell them to take a running jump and go for a "No Deal"

Back to top Go down

EU 'will charge Britain £1billion a month' over any Brexit delay if Theresa May is forced to ask for an extension this week Empty Re: EU 'will charge Britain £1billion a month' over any Brexit delay if Theresa May is forced to ask for an extension this week

Post by nicko Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:23 am

Your not the only one whose sick of it. How dare they "demand" we pay them more ? I thought we had more Spine than that " This Government is the worst I have ever known, Traitors most of them. Britain ,bending the knee to bullies, I'm ashamed !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

EU 'will charge Britain £1billion a month' over any Brexit delay if Theresa May is forced to ask for an extension this week Empty Re: EU 'will charge Britain £1billion a month' over any Brexit delay if Theresa May is forced to ask for an extension this week

Post by nicko Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:25 am

PS, the Queen signed article 50, Time she let her feelings be known publicly !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:12 am

The deal on offer is bad... and just prolongs the the whole thing...

The best thing to do is to go for the WTO rules brexit... and put an end to all the fukking about!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:28 pm

The EU law, and our law, is that if a mutually agreeable deal cannot be reached in 2 years of the triggering of article 50... then we leave on WTO terms...!

So let's get on with it!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:39 pm

What a bloody mess the whole thing is. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:48 pm

It is remainers and the EU trying to make it into a mess for us...!

But the law is clear... if there isn't a deal reached in two years... then we leave on WTO rules... and that is what we should do...!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:54 pm

I have given up on reading about all the cockups.....no one seems to know what they are doing.
I do think if someone who actually believed in Brexit was in charge that would help, but May was a remainer, and even though she stuck it out she has been stabbed in the back by the EU, her own party and obviously Corbyn and his mob at every turn.

Result = chaos.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:20 pm

The remoaners are causing the problems... the law is quite clear... we have had 2years to try to find a mutually acceptable agreement... and since we have not managed to do so... the law is clear that we revert to WTO rules...

I'm happy with this... and so should everyone else be...!

Quite simple really...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:20 pm

One example why the toffs want to remain. Hesaltine gets £90.0000 a year from the EU NOT to plat crops, there are others who do the same or other fiddles !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:18 pm

I'm heartily sick of it all, there was no need of all this, it could have been amicable as befits civilised countries. I'm also fed up of the scaremongering won't be able to travel can't fly over Ireland, we'll al starve to death etc. Then there's the remainers telling us we didn't understand what we voted for, it was all lies, like they did, there were never any lies about what was happening in the EU and their ideas for the future. I am apparently xenophobic, isolationist and who knows what else, people I know who voted Brexit only want out of the political shackles, we still want to co operate with the other countries in travel, security, trade, because we want to and its beneficial not be compelled to join in with ideas of a superstate, Europe can still be strong by just co operating. We haven't had a war because most are now allies and in Nato I'd rather stick with Nato than just have a European Army that could be left to get on with it, surely the more friends and allies you have the better.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:25 pm

Exactly vintage... green from me!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:14 pm

I wasn't even in favor of Brexit but after reading this, I think the UK government should invite them to come and collect it personally!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down